“Best on our trip!”

Ranked #15 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Essex
“Best on our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

we stayed here at the beginning of January on the last leg of our Australian trip. Beautiful reception area with amazing Christmas trees. Staff very helpful - the Concierge deserve a special mention - wealth of knowledge and a top team. We had 2 rooms for our family of 6, rooms were spacious with 2 double beds in each. Breakfast was pricey $40 for adults & $20 for children.. my 7 year old son ate a bowl of cereals and said he was full up! Dome restaurant (across the road) does amazing breakfasts at half the price... Waffles are gorgeous.. Hotel is About a 20 minute walk to Station which takes you to surrounding suburbs.. Must see: Freemantle Prison, Cottesloe Beach, Bell Tower by the ferry terminal and check out the open air cinema in Kings park - fantastic (views of city are fantastic up there - be warned get a taxi to open air cinema in the park.. we opted for a 5 minute bus ride followed by a 40 minute walk..bad move with young kids. Free wifi in rooms and the laundry on 7th floor was very handy. Swimming pool is nice but cold.. gym & spa are very good. All in all a fabulous hotel & City

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear FizEssex,

I was glad to read your review and appreciate your positive feedback. I will ensure that I pass on your comments to the team, I will ensure that they are commended for their service excellence. I appreciate your feedback on the pricing for breakfast and the team should of only charged your for a cereal, I apologise and will bring this to the Firewater Grille teams immediate attention.
Thank you for selecting the Duxton Hotel Perth for your Christmas holiday and I am very happy that we were able to make it a special memory for you all.

Happy New Year and wishing you all success for 2014.

Bruce G. Doig

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Absolutely adore this Hotel.. Husband proposed here so that may have made by glasses a little rose coloured but we always enjoy our stays at this Hotel. Extremely clean. Lovely staff. Food is AMAZING!! Cannot fault anything.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Kelly H,

Happy New Year !
I was glas to read that your stay was faultless. I will ensure that the Duxton Team receives a copy of your TripAdvisor page and also I will pass on my personal commendation.
We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in 2014.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed at the Duxton for 6 nights and it was excellent. We stayed in one of the club rooms and it was well worth it. The club room facilities were first class. Top floor of the hotel and sensational view of the Swan River. The staff were friendly, helpful yet not intrusive. Great location close to the city and easy access to other areas and transport.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Club room was fantastic, river view is a must!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear 1CG1,

I was glad to read that you stay with us was excellent. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Amazing rooms, stayed in the Suite which is my fave room in the hotel. Fantastic service in the executive club drinks kept coming not your standard 1-2 drinks. Great location close to shops and easy access out of the city.

Room Tip: Always upgrade to the suite. More room bigger bathroom and always a corner.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Steph G,

I was glad to read that your stay was fantastic and that the service in our executive club lounge was also outstanding. We look forward to welcoming you back in 2014

Deddington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

A great hotel, very good location, excellent staff, comfortable beds. A nice lobby area, with a lot of good seating, which is great because this is where you can access the free wifi..... Please can anyone tell me why you have to pay for this service in 4 & 5 star hotels, when most backpackers provide this free !!!! I would add we have been travelling around Australia staying in many big cities and found this the case.. The Duxton is not not alone in charging for wifi "in room"

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia177
Dear Patricia177,

Thank you for selecting the Duxton Hotel Perth for your recent stay. I was pleased to read your review although I was a little confused about your comment on the Free WiFi. The hotel offers complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel and in all hotel rooms as well.
I appreciate your kind words and that you enjoyed your stay and I will also ensure that the team receives the appropriate feedback.

Regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed at the Duxton Perth on New Year's Eve and everything was just perfect! From the moment we arrived the staff were fantastic .... as soon as we pulled up outside the hotel the conscierge opened our car doors and our car was whisked away to valet parking .... the check-in staff were very efficient and informed us where everything in the hotel was situated. The room was spacious, very clean and had everything expected at a five star hotel. The bed was very comfortable and we had a great view over the river from our window on the 11th floor. We had dinner at the Firewater Grille ... the food was great and the waiting staff were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was also at the Firewater Grille and again the staff were wonderful and there was plenty of food choices. Check-out was quick and smooth and our car was brought to the front door very quickly. Thank you for a wonderful evening :)

Room Tip: Book a river view room on the higher floors, a great view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Janzreview,

I appreciate your review and will ensure that the Duxton Team recieves the commendation they deserve. I am very proud of the team and their passion about service.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night in December. It's a reliable choice. Well appointed, (even if a bit uninspiring) rooms which were spotlessly clean. Half the rooms face the river, so my advice would be to request one of those. It's just a short walk to the restaurants at Brookfield Place, or to the river, or city shops.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear MelbourneMummy,

Thank you for your review and I appreciate your positive review of the hotel and our standards.
I also appreciate your valuable time to review our hotel.
May I also take this opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year