“Overpriced and underdelivered”
Review of Duxton Hotel

Duxton Hotel
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

This is now the third hotel we've stayed at in Perth in the past 12 months and there's a consistent theme with each: overpriced and underdelivered. At over $300 per night for a room, we would expect basic things like sound-proof walls, a sleep-in without being woken by house-keeping at 8am to make up our room, and friendly staff - and bathrobes would also be good. After staying at 5 star hotels throughout Asia and experiencing the international standards of 5 star quality and service, we think the Duxton and other Perth hotels have a long way to go.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Braziltraveller2010
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Braziltraveller2010,

I appreciate your constructive feedback and I have taken on board all your comments and will review each comments with my Executive Team.
I take all constructive feedback very serious and will take the necessary action to improve our services in the future.

Bruce G. Doig

Write a ReviewReviews (1,176)

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Pleasant staff.
Comfy bed and pillows. King size!
Rooms are like most others, standard configuration. Roomy enough!
Too expensive for meals, so can't comment on quality.
Gym, pool and spa are all ok. Plenty of day beds at the pool to relax if on holidays.
Views over river would be very good from the higher floors I would imagine. I was on level six!
Good location, not far from the City bustle and the waterfront.
Still, overpriced......but that is Perth!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Rednut,

Thank you of your review. We have placed a lot of emphasis on our beds and the comfort for our guests I was glad that you enjoyed their comfort. I appreciate the feedback on our facilities.
Hopefully we are able to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is definitely one of perths better hotels. Staff are knowledgeable, helpful and seemingly happy to be at work. The rooms are a little dark but tastefully decorated. You are in for a treat if you order the three teared seafood plate. This hotel is one of perths best and you will enjoy a getaway at the Duxton!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear fickle2014,

I was pleased to read your review and that you enjoyed the hotel and I agree with you I am very proud of the team, they do enjoy their work. I have also passed on your comments pertaining to our food to our Executive Chef and his team.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 18 March 2014

The Duxton is a converted office block but it has style and the rooms are larger than the "normal" hotel room these day. The reception is good , nice and open and it feels better than the other hotels just down the road. Like all hotels in Perth it is expensive (the same as Sydney) but this one has a nice touch of class that makes you feel good. The transport to the city is either a nice walk of a free CAT bus.
Well worth staying at

Room Tip: Once again the higher the better, there is a great breakfast place just down the road that is much b...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Seddon12,

Thank you for your review and I was glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel. I agree with you that the hotel's location is excellent and the comments that we receive are extremely positive in relation to our location and the city's infrastructure.
We appreciate your selecting the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards

Reviewed 17 March 2014

As a travel agent and a lover of high end products it was time to sample the Club benefits of the Duxton Perth ...I have tried most other providers of Club rooms here in Perth and I would have to say this was one of my favourite so far.

Making sure your package is the Club Suite this room has all the room to spread out….large lounge area with a 2 seater leather couch, 4 person table and chairs, the 32 inch TV could have been bigger to blend in with the room as it appeared small in conjunction with the size of the room and the bathroom was spacious with a large separate bath. As to the master room, another 32 inch TV and the bed was extremely comfortable with a generous pillow menu…all 3 rooms are separated from each other.

As to the club room on the 12th floor, great views …Anti Pasto, Samosa, Sushi Summer Rolls etc. standard club grub..the wines were very good from Margaret River and Spirits are included.

Breakfast is also served in the Club room which was standard like all other properties.

All in all in comparison to Pan Pacific and the Hyatt club rooms I would probably return to the Duxton due to the spacious suite and the offer of spirits in with the club package.

Room Tip: Request a river view room is available.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lapewesq

Dear lapewesq,

Thank you for selecting the Duxton for your recent stay. I was pleased to read that our Club Life suited your stay perfectly. We are very proud of what we have achieved in our Club level rooms and the services offered in our Club Lounge.
Within our Club suites we have selcted the 32' but within our Club rooms we have placed 42' flat screen televisions due the larger size of these rooms.
Thank you for your comparison of Club Lounges around Perth and we will continue to improve our services to ensure that we remain a leader in hotel Club services.
We look forward to having the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Recently stayed here with my husband and had a wonderful time. Check-in was smooth and the valet parking attendants very polite. Clean, comfortable room, nice view of the river (request river view room). Visited the Lobby Bar at night and had a fulfilling buffet breakfast in the morning. All in all, a very pleasant and relaxing stay....recommended!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Becirose,

Thank you for your positive review on your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you stay overall was enjoyable and relaxing. I will ensure that the team receives my personal appreciation for their service efforts.
Hopefully we have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Couldn't fault anything and I am pretty fussy. We stayed in a club twin. Great room. Club lounge very welcoming, staff up there were excellent, nothing too much trouble. I stay in Perth a number of times each year and have tried different hotels but this one will be it now. Very happy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Susie1611,

I was very pleased to read your review and happy that your experience was excellent. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. I will also ensure that the Duxton team receives the commendation they deserve.