“Great time at the Duxton”
Review of Duxton Hotel

Duxton Hotel
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Perth
“Great time at the Duxton”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I took my daughter away to the Duxton for a treat for her birthday. It was fabulous. Lovely chocolates on arrival and sparkling wine plus an upgraded room. Breakfast was divine with lots of choice and great coffee. The staff made the stay...the concierge Paul couldn't do enough for us and the reception staff Kelly and Alessandra were second to none. I will definitely be back again with my husband. What a lovely stay we had. I would have no hesitation recommending the Duxton hotel to anyone.

Stayed March 2014
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Kymberly C,

It is always very nice to recieve such positive feedback from our guests. We always reognise our guests special occassions and we were more than happy to show you that we care that you stay is memorable.
I will ensure that I pass on my personal appreciation to Kelly, Alessandra and Paul for thier outstanding service. We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best Regards

Bruce G. Doig

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My husband and I like to spoil ourselves by staying in club rooms. I really liked this the club lounge here! I am vegetarian, so most club experiences involve me not finding much to eat during canapé club hour, and my non-vegetarian husband still often looks hungry and thirsty ….but not here! We were both well fed with delicious fresh quality food and lovely beverages. It was refreshing to be offered quality WA wine ….the way it should be when staying in a Perth hotel! They also had some lovely champagne and some beautiful Oyster Bay wines from NZ. The service in the club room was very good (so much better than at the Crown!), and the cub room itself was well designed and beautiful looking. We also took advantage of the club lounge during the day and went and enjoyed a quiet cuppa and a piece of fruit and looked out over the river.

Our Hotel room was pleasant and roomy. Some of the furniture was a little bland/plain, but certainly not ugly in any way. It was fairly simple in décor, but the large marble bathroom was quite delightful, very spacious and had all the amenities that you would like. The windows only have a limited view compared to other hotels, but everything else more than made up for this.
Check in and check out were unusually quick and efficient, which seems rare at many Perth hotels. Jason (at reception) was very friendly and welcoming.

We chose breakfast down stairs rather than in the club room, and it was pleasant and ample. The service at breakfast was very good.

I would happily stay again! Thank you Duxton for being classy, friendly and welcoming. Every staff member that we spoke to (including a cleaner, check-in, valet driver, room service, breakfast staff, club lounge staff) was very helpful, friendly and professional!

Room Tip: Get a club room so that you can enjoy being spoiled at the club lounge! I think the the club lounge...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Trakaroo,

I was glad to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, especially our Club Level Rooms. Thank you for mentioning Jason our Front Office Manager I will pass on my personal commendation for making you feel very welcome.
Hopefully your will be able to enjoy the hotel again very soon.

Sincerely

Australia
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

This is now the third hotel we've stayed at in Perth in the past 12 months and there's a consistent theme with each: overpriced and underdelivered. At over $300 per night for a room, we would expect basic things like sound-proof walls, a sleep-in without being woken by house-keeping at 8am to make up our room, and friendly staff - and bathrobes would also be good. After staying at 5 star hotels throughout Asia and experiencing the international standards of 5 star quality and service, we think the Duxton and other Perth hotels have a long way to go.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Braziltraveller2010
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Braziltraveller2010,

I appreciate your constructive feedback and I have taken on board all your comments and will review each comments with my Executive Team.
I take all constructive feedback very serious and will take the necessary action to improve our services in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Pleasant staff.
Comfy bed and pillows. King size!
Rooms are like most others, standard configuration. Roomy enough!
Too expensive for meals, so can't comment on quality.
Gym, pool and spa are all ok. Plenty of day beds at the pool to relax if on holidays.
Views over river would be very good from the higher floors I would imagine. I was on level six!
Good location, not far from the City bustle and the waterfront.
Still, overpriced......but that is Perth!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Rednut,

Thank you of your review. We have placed a lot of emphasis on our beds and the comfort for our guests I was glad that you enjoyed their comfort. I appreciate the feedback on our facilities.
Hopefully we are able to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is definitely one of perths better hotels. Staff are knowledgeable, helpful and seemingly happy to be at work. The rooms are a little dark but tastefully decorated. You are in for a treat if you order the three teared seafood plate. This hotel is one of perths best and you will enjoy a getaway at the Duxton!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear fickle2014,

I was pleased to read your review and that you enjoyed the hotel and I agree with you I am very proud of the team, they do enjoy their work. I have also passed on your comments pertaining to our food to our Executive Chef and his team.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The Duxton is a converted office block but it has style and the rooms are larger than the "normal" hotel room these day. The reception is good , nice and open and it feels better than the other hotels just down the road. Like all hotels in Perth it is expensive (the same as Sydney) but this one has a nice touch of class that makes you feel good. The transport to the city is either a nice walk of a free CAT bus.
Well worth staying at

Room Tip: Once again the higher the better, there is a great breakfast place just down the road that is much b...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Seddon12,

Thank you for your review and I was glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel. I agree with you that the hotel's location is excellent and the comments that we receive are extremely positive in relation to our location and the city's infrastructure.
We appreciate your selecting the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards

Reviewed 17 March 2014

As a travel agent and a lover of high end products it was time to sample the Club benefits of the Duxton Perth ...I have tried most other providers of Club rooms here in Perth and I would have to say this was one of my favourite so far.

Making sure your package is the Club Suite this room has all the room to spread out….large lounge area with a 2 seater leather couch, 4 person table and chairs, the 32 inch TV could have been bigger to blend in with the room as it appeared small in conjunction with the size of the room and the bathroom was spacious with a large separate bath. As to the master room, another 32 inch TV and the bed was extremely comfortable with a generous pillow menu…all 3 rooms are separated from each other.

As to the club room on the 12th floor, great views …Anti Pasto, Samosa, Sushi Summer Rolls etc. standard club grub..the wines were very good from Margaret River and Spirits are included.

Breakfast is also served in the Club room which was standard like all other properties.

All in all in comparison to Pan Pacific and the Hyatt club rooms I would probably return to the Duxton due to the spacious suite and the offer of spirits in with the club package.

Room Tip: Request a river view room is available.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lapewesq
Dear lapewesq,

Thank you for selecting the Duxton for your recent stay. I was pleased to read that our Club Life suited your stay perfectly. We are very proud of what we have achieved in our Club level rooms and the services offered in our Club Lounge.
Within our Club suites we have selcted the 32' but within our Club rooms we have placed 42' flat screen televisions due the larger size of these rooms.
Thank you for your comparison of Club Lounges around Perth and we will continue to improve our services to ensure that we remain a leader in hotel Club services.
We look forward to having the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.