“Not a luxury trip, but conveniently located and decent rooms.”
Review of Miss Maud Hotel

Miss Maud Hotel
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The whole hotel is a little dated, however this is what I expected. It has a very Swedish atmosphere which fitted well into a wintery Perth! I have to recommend the breakfasts, there are vast amounts of food on the buffet in the restaurant next door (included) served until 10:00am. A reasonable price, and it was only a few minutes walk to good restaurants, the Perth z
CAT service (free busses) and main shopping streets.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room called "Sweden" and given that this is a Swedish hotel, I think was...
2  Thank HELIBREW

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Loved this quaint hotel and the atmosphere it radiated. Rooms were very clean although a bit small but it was well organized so we didn't get the claustrophobic feel. The room had piped in music as well which you could turn up or down as required which was a nice touch. The bathroom was okay too and being a fuss-pot I didn't really have anything to complain about. It's also very nice that they include breakfast will all bookings. Friendly staff at the reception too and were very helpful with information and assisting us in taking photos before we left!

Yes, the elevator is small but it's all part of the hotel's charm, I would think. On the downside, we stayed in winter, so it gets quite hot in the room at night because of the reverse air-conditioner...stuffy in fact. But all in all, a great little hotel and we loved it! Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank SharonDCZ
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My 2 night stay at Miss Maud Swedish Hotel was perfect. Daughter had booked a superior room for me and it was spacious, clean and had all I needed. I was tired after a long flight and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was AMAZING. All the staff were friendly and helpful, including the bakery staff who were patient as I made my choices. Thank you.

Room Tip: I had a corner suite. Couldn't fault it - no traffic noise, plenty of room.
2  Thank Manda770
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Miss Mauds, is a lovely place to stay in the city. It has real nice decor, nothing new. But that is alright. The rooms are simple, and Wi-fi is free (always fast too!). And the rooms serviced when you want. Price is reasonable (under 200), and very comfortable.

I would say, I had little issues with being there. My biggest trouble was typical city noises... Then I am used to the birds chirping all day long. And the sounds of the ocean.

I did not visit the bakery, though I have been told it is amazing. Down the road is a cafe called 'Negro Macardo' (or something like that), which make amazing coffee and all the staff are super friendly, with fast food and service.

The restaurant is a Swedish type buffet, I only tried a steak, so cannot be sure whether good or bad. Although it came overcooked still very tender. And the staff are super friendly, should you be interested in a chat.

In terms of accommodation in Perth, I would say, that this is one of the best places to stay. There is no parking, however 400m away is a very secure parking lot ($35.00/day). Reception is 24/7. And yeah, think that is about it. They even have an outdoor area on the second floor.

Room Tip: South end corner has many pipes running along side it. (A little noisy).
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nicholas T
Reviewed 2 August 2013

First impressions of this hotel were that it is very well kept. Common areas & rooms were exceptionally clean. Staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was lovely-lots of options for all tastes. Our twin room was quite small but had everything we needed. There is no parking at the hotel but there is a public pay parking directly across the street. Walking access to most city attractions is easy and the free city buses have a stop close by. If you are a light sleeper like myself I would recommend ear plugs-there was no noise from the outside traffic but I could hear other people coming and going, shutting doors late at night and their plumbing running (but I personally do find this at a lot of hotels!!). All in all I found this hotel perfect value for a one night stay and would definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: I have been told rooms at the front with a balcony are roomier.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank neysie
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Our superior room was large, well-furnished and spotlessly clean. Outside the room, the hotel is certainly different. The carpeted wooden stairways let you know they are made of timber and the tiny lift is quaint. Unfortunately it ceased working on our departure day and hauling luggage on stairs is not recommended for older people. The last time we saw a lift like it was in a Cairo hotel about 30 years ago. The smorgasbord/buffet breakfast/dinner is excellent value. We have seen better spreads but at a very much higher price. Our room overlooked Murray St, excellently located one block from the Mall and being winter we decided to open the windows rather than run the air con on the first night and regretted that as there was a lot of noise from the street due to a nightclub somewhere in the vicinity. We left the windows closed and ran the air con the second night and the noise was minimal.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Murray St will be very noisy probably more so on Friday and Saturday if windows a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John O
Reviewed 1 August 2013

By far the best hotel i have stayed in Australia . Amazing friendly and helpful staff from the restaurant staff to reception to in house service . The price of the hotel is very reasonable and the breakfast is fantastic , best danish pastries i've had in a long while . Rooms are perfectly adequate spotlessly clean and very quiet .
What is also great is that they have retained the character of the lovely building which sadly is not the case in most other hotels which become bland and all the same . The location is also perfect , it could not be any more central .
I will stay here always when in Perth and look forward to my next visit .

2  Thank Martin P