“Great place to stay in Perth”
Review of Sullivans Hotel

Sullivans Hotel
Ranked #27 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay in Perth”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

From the moment I arrived I felt like I had hit the jackpot. The receptionist was so welcoming as were all the staff. This is a small, friendly hotel, with all the facilities that I needed. I asked where I could get some milk (love my cup of tea) and the receptionist gave me a jug and told me to ask for more when I needed - bliss.
My room was a good size, clean and comfortable, with a fridge, tea-making facilities and a flat-screen TV. Free wif-fi was available and I was informed about that when I arrived. I was also told about the bikes and the pool. I also had a balcony which looked out to the river and also to the city. There was also a chair and a small sofa which is great if you want to sit and watch TV without using the bed.
The location is also good - there is a bus stop next to the front gate and the free bus takes you to the bus station in the city - only 2 stops. Coming back, the only difficulty is crossing the road as the bus stops on the opposite side. However, it isn't a big problem, it just takes extra care.
I had several meals during my week here. Breakfast was always cooked to order and was excellant. At various times, I also tried lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. I can honestly say that all meals were served with a smile, were fresh and good quality.
I really enjoyed my stay here, will use this hotel for my next visit to Perth and would not hesitate to recommend it to other people.
Thank you to all the staff!!!

Room Tip: I can only comment on my room which was at the front on the top floor. You do get some road noise b...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Having read some of the reviews, I was a bit apprehensive as this was the first hotel in our 9 week trip around Australia. I am not disappointed at all. Yes the bathroom could do with updating and the bedroom needs a coat of paint, but the bed is so comfortable and the staff could not be more helpful or friendly. We have used all the facilities in this hotel, used the washing machine (reception happy to give you the change needed), used the pool (used the towels supplied by the Hotel) and had breakfast continental as well as cooked breakfast and even had an evening meal here after a particularly busy day. Cannot fault it at all. The reception staff very helpful on how to get to different places and this hotel falls within the free transport zone so we went to lots of places without charge.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

My husband & I, had to attend a function at Kings Park. We stayed here for night being less than 5 min away. We had a deluxe room with a balcony, which faced the city. The bed was really comfy, shower/bathroom clean and good flow PC water. There is limited car parking, no mini bar, is the only down side things. We will definitely stay here again, prefer it to staying right in the city. Great pool area & the blue cat bus pulls up right near the entrance. There is a great looking breakie, even though we did not eat here, will next time. Worth a visit.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 5days in Jan,when it was scorching hot. Sullivans turned to be a great choice as although it was not expensive by Perth standards, it really ticked all the boxes. The room was clean and comfortable with a great view of the city. The aircon made the heat much more bearable,particularly at night, and the fridge in the room large enough for milk and fruit juice so we could provide our own breakfast,inc a cup of tea!
The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the outdoor pool,although not enormous ,was delightful and a great place to sit after a day out.
The location of the hotel is also great,being just by bus stops to many destinations,and also the CAT free bus. Kings Park is also very handy providing you are reasonably fit,in that Jacob's Ladder is 242 steps up,but really worth the effort.And although we did not make use of the free bikes because it was just too hot, we certainly would another time. All in all,a really excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor with city views.
Whyalla, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We booked 3 deluxe rooms with balconies to watch the Australia Day fireworks over the Swan river. We payed a premium with prices at least doubled, the dearest at $430 for the night. My room 301 was big but very average the air con only just did the job on a not overly warm evening. The bathroom was average at best. We ate late at the restaurant we did let them know we would be late, the food needless to say was average. They only have 1 car park space per 3 rooms so get in early.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here for one night before leaving Perth. Hotel seems very popular with the older set but that didn't stop us from enjoying ourselves! Very close to downtown (walking distance) and close to the CATS bus stop (free transit bus). Basic room with shower but very comfortable. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom but that was the only negative. We requested a room on an upper floor and had a nice view of the river. Hotel is at the bottom of the hill where King's Park is located. Staff were very friendly and helpful. If you're looking for a hotel that is reasonable in cost and near downtown, Sullivan's is highly recommended.

Room Tip: request a room with a river view on a higher floor.
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Sullivan's Hotel is located within walking distance of downtown. The rooms are fairly basic but reasonably priced. The breakfast is very good (Continental or more).

The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel appears to be popular with Europeans. There were a number of French couples there during our four-day stay.

While the hotel is on a relatively busy boulevard, it was very quiet. There is good access to both downtown and the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have a good view of the water if you are on the 3rd floor or higher.