“Okay, as expected”
Review of Sullivans Hotel

Sullivans Hotel
Ranked #32 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 25 February 2011

We stayed at Sullivan's for one night to be reasonably close to the Perth airport for an early morning departure. I expected the hotel to be basic and decent based on the other reviews and that is pretty much exactly what it was. The furniture was dated, but things were clean and in decent shape. The bathroom was pretty poor with a weird ramp leading into that I was sure would cause a catastrophe in the night but managed not to. There was also a comically small refrigerator that at least kept a few beers cold. They have a nice, small pool that helped me relax after a long drive and the free internet was a treat since it is surprisingly rare in hotels in Australia.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 February 2011

We stayed here for two nights during our holiday in Perth. We found the location to be a little out of town, however the hotel has free bus access into town. For those that like cycling the hotel has free bike hire. Location is in close proximity to Kings Park, which is a must see. Cycling to the park is a good idea, however may be a little steep for some.

Room was basic however clean, no views but nice and quiet, we requested a rear room off the main road. The breakfast was the highlight and was included in our room rate. It was full continental including cold meats, cheese, yogurt, scones with jam & cream, yum. It set us up for a great day of sightseeing and cycling - extremely good value hotel. Concierge were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights, if you want easy access into Perth City centre on the free blue bus route then this one is for you. But that is where ends. Although the hotel looks smart from the outside, the room was small and overlooked by the adjacent apartment block and with no net curtains the main curtains have to be closed for privacy.
We found the reception staff to be stand offish and not very helpful, in fact there an older lady there and she could not even be bothered to raise her had to say hello. The restaurant was not only very basic but overpriced.
It’s a little said to say, but with a little bit of effort the hotel could be so much better

Yes I would recommend this hotel to friends but explain the downsides to it then they can make up their minds

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Good transport links - free bus outside. You can walk into Perth. You can walk to Kings park via Jaacobs Ladder - if you have the energy! Well worth doing it to see the incredibly fit folk of Perth.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2010

I'm not sure if there is much that is outstanding about Sullivan's but all in all it is a very pleasant place to stay. I stayed there two different times on my travels in Australia, and the more I stayed there the more it felt like home.

I initially booked Sullivan's because it is next to the large park and because they provide free bicycles for guest use. But the first day I was there it was raining, and I didn't arrive until after dark the second time, so I never even got to the park or to use the bikes.

I liked the homey feel of the place. The staff at the front desk are very nice and truly helpful.

I had breakfast at the restaurant both days, and it was fine if forgetable. I had dinner there one night, and I enjoyed it--not spectacular but enjoyable.

The room was not exactly luxurious, but it was good enough for me. It was quiet (of top importance to me), the bed comfortable, and it seemed clean enough. Kind of old-fashioned, but I didn't care as I hadn't planned to spend much time in the room anyway. I had no complaints about the room

I would recommend Sullivan's and I wouldn't mind staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2010

We could walk to Kings Park, free bus into City or you could walk in 20 mins. Breakfast OK and a good toasted cheese sandwich! Staff helpful, they even sent on my Husband's shirt and trousers which he left in the wardrobe!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2010

We stayed at Sullivan hotel just one night and it is was ok, nothing special at the same price you can find better accomodation, the bathroom was too small, Sullivan Hotel is very closed to Kings Park, in 15 minutes you can get to the city center by walk or take the free BLUE CAT bus.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple