“5 star haven in the city”

Best Western Premier Terrace Hotel
Ranked #4 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Brisbane, Australia
“5 star haven in the city”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Fantastic location top end of town, everything within walking distance, though you could happily ensconce yourself here and not leave for food , drinks or lazing if that is on your agenda. Loved the bathroom with huge bath, yes I took advantage of that! Plump king size bed and pillows were also divine. On a rainy night I didnt feel like leaving the hotel for dinner and enjoyed a sensational meal downstairs, though they were more than happy to provide room service if I'd required. Staff were just delightful and very personable. High tech facilities with USB ports and ipod accessories were great. If I had to pick anything to be dissapointing was the small obscured windows. But I will definitely be back next visit. Oops, forgot tomention the handmade chocolate truffle I couldnt resisit with the turn down service. Mouth watering!

I'd go here if I wanted central location, 5 star without the stuffiness, and one of the few 5 star CBD Perth Hotels that has up to minute decor and is not in need of updating.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We spent two nights here for our wedding anniversary and had an amazing stay. The service (as everyone says) was exemplary. Front desk was anyways helpful (even at 4am) and Nick is a real professional in his service role. It is obvious that management has worked hard to train and keep great people in all of the hospitality and service roles. It is in a great location for access to Kings Park, river activities, and the free bus and CAT services take you to wherever you want to go in town. We had dinner the first night in the restaurant and ordered the pork with black pudding and the ocean trout. I would highly recommend both. The pork was especially amazing. The wine list is extensive and the deserts have perfected that sweet but light balance. We ordered room service breakfast which included perfectly poached eggs, toasted sourdough and home made preserves for $7.50 each. The in room tea and coffee is great, so no need to leave your room. But if you prefer to go downstairs for breakfast in the restaurant, the setting and service are worth the little extra. We made the mistake of going elsewhere for dinner the second night and it was such a disappointment in comparison. (Think JH's with cutlery!) We promptly returned to TTH have desert and cocktails in the bar with service and ambiance more fitting for the occasion! The room itself, with it's luxuries and services (chocolates with turn down, bathroom re-stock etc.) was really comfortable. It was such a great place to enjoy the company of my husband and treasure the celebration of our lives together. Thanks everyone at TTH!!

Room Tip: If you are used to a contoured foam / latex pillow, you may wish to request an alternative to the fe...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JBH02
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I booked this hotel after reading some comments on trip advisor. All I can say is, I will be staying I. This hotel every time I stay in Perth. Provided it doesn't become so popular I can not get a room. I had a suite, it was clean, comfortable and had everything I needed. The hotel staff were excellent. Location to banks, shops and west end of the city is fantastic.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tania M
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Terrace hotel which is very centrally located in Perth CBD. The service was outstanding, nothing was too much trouble. The room was beautiful and had every possible convenience including Apple TV, I pad and nespresso machine.. I particularly loved the bathroom with its free standing bath! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rua29
Camps Bay, South Africa
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed 10th and 11th July, left late on the 12th. From the moment we arrived, service was exemplary. We walked in the restaurant entrance, apparently a regular mistake because the hotel entrance is tucked around the corner. Waitress took us straight through to reception. Both check-in and Nick, who took us up to our room, were polite, welcoming and helpful. Stayed in a deluxe room on 2nd floor, room 5. Lovely king size bed, large, modern, marble bathroom with great shower and stand alone bath. Two small niggles - very little cupboard space for two people. And the two windows would not open at all - and were covered with grills, which made the room quite dark. The non-opening window appears to be a Perth CBD issue - apparently no hotel in the city is allowed to have opening windows.
Other than that, the room was great - Nespresso machine, yoga mat, lovely linen, great TV.
Bar and restaurant downstairs are both really good. Good wine list, and great food.
Will definitely return, but would try for the suite - with the larger space.

Room Tip: Take a suite if you can.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Lucinda D
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Bright and clean rooms, good location, very friendly and helpful staff indeed. An all round pleasant stay Here at the Best Western. Great value for money if you're after something a little fancy and not too short of cash.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank smithers88
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 July 2013

It has been awhile since I have stayed in a hotel in Perth (usually staying with Friends) but as this was a short intensive stay I wanted to be near the CBD for convenience so I chose this little gem to welcome myself back. Perth used to be a desert for decent hotels but my opinion is starting to change. what I am going to do is simply my applause to the other glowing reports that I read before deciding to stay at the Terrace. From the greeting at check in through the drinks and dinner, the chat with the staff in the bar to the sumptuous bed this was a great stay. Not a thing wrong with the place apart from a slight lack of hanging space in the wardrobe. I just hope a small boutique hotel like this can survive with only 14 rooms and if it does I hope they will always have a room for me.
Great job and good luck.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business