“Service and design: don't let "Best Western" turn you off”

Best Western Premier Terrace Hotel
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Washington DC
“Service and design: don't let "Best Western" turn you off”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

From the moment we arrived the bellman was excellent (Nick?). Helped us with our huge amount of luggage, finding efficient parking, set us up with long blacks after our flight, connected us with the concierge (missed his name, I apologize). The concierge was complete with extensive Perth advice, and even ran off down the street, around the corner, down the block and booked us a rental car at the last minute. Great service!

Room is boutique appropriate, with an all marble bathroom (floors, walls), with an open rain shower, free standing tub, backlit mirror. Very design cool. Bathroom was probably the size of many a hotel room.

B&O very cool TV, comfy bed, large room, lots of amenities. Breakfast was superlatively good. Many of us in the US might associate "Best Western" with a low end property, but this is a great find.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor in the new building. Room was great, although I wish the windows were o...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rowingman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I travel often for work, have stayed at various hotels in Perth and will look no further next time I am in town. Truly an excellent boutique hotel with equally excellent service. Stayed in the deluxe room that had plenty of space and a massive bathroom. Free wifi, Foxtel IQ, Apple TV, and Nespresso machine in room were all very nice touches.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank shaun_wa
Barb B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Premier Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear shaun_wa,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

We are happy we were able to meet all your expectations. We feel that complimentary Wi-Fi is a necessity for business travellers in today's world and happy you were also able to utilise our other modern conveniences the Apple TV, iPad & Foxtel IQ.

We certainly do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Mt Barker WA
Reviewed 22 April 2014

It was lovely staying in a small hotel. The person who fetched our car was the same one who made our excellent coffee at breakfast. We enjoyed every moment of our stay. Being the end of the Easter long weekend many restaurants, etc, in the area were closed so it was great to be able to eat dinner and breakfast at the Hotel with the full menu available even though the restaurant was closed to the public. A stand out at this hotel is the staff followed by the location and size.
Recommended!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cabercapers
Dear Cabercapers,
Thank you for your wonderful review.

We are so delighted you enjoyed the personal and friendly service we are able to offer our guests.
Our restaurant is open for our In-house guests everyday of the year for breakfast, lunch and dinner so I am glad you had the pleasure of dining with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Perth.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed at the Terrace for the 2nd year in a row last night for our 15 year wedding anniversary and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. I was shown to a comfy chair on arrival and offered a cool drink which was very welcome on such a hot day. The conscierge Nick was friendly and professional. When he found out that it was our anniversary he brought us a lovely bottle of champagne to celebrate. He also said welcome back as he knew we had stayed previously. The turn down service included a truffle and we were offered new towels in the evening. We got a lovely note from the manager saying happy anniversary too. I found the location to be central to all the happening places in the city. I thought the package deal I got with breakfast was very good value for money. The breakfast was delicious. Overall I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank AngieRobbo
Barb B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Premier Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear AngieRobbo
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

We are thrilled to learn that you chose to celebrate with us again this year and are happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves.

We look forward to hopefully celebrating with you again next year!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

An amazing hotel right in the centre of Perth that combines a lovely room with outstanding service.

Whilst a little more than other Perth hotels, it is well worth it for the location and experience.

My room was kitted out with a Bang and Olufsen TV, roll top bath in the middle of the bathroom and a bed that you can sink into.

The staff were incredibly helpful (especially the good looking Italian waiters!!) while not being over attentive in any way, helping me to find shops and a spot for coffee. The turn down service also comes with a personalised weather report for the next day and a delicious chocolate truffle.

The only downside was the room service dinner that I ordered in as I was on my own - it tasted amazing but left me still hungry despite the $40 main course. The restaurant downstairs clearly attracts a lot of locals seeking a romantic meal with great live music but they just need to adjust the menu for in-house guest who aren't necessarily seeking such a gourmet meal for dinner.

But besides this, I would definitely recommend the hotel and certainly stay here again. It's restored my faith in Perth hotels!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nilani79
Dear Nilani79
I was so happy to read your review following your recent stay with us at The Terrace Hotel. Your kind comments regarding our friendly and helpful staff are appreciated and we will be sure to pass this feedback on. Thank you also for the feedback regarding your meal.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

A 6 night stay. I was attending a conference at Crown and found staying here a much better fit for my needs (and ethics) than staying 5km from town. i took taxis (around $20-24 per trip) and there was only a maximum of a 5 minute wait to catch a taxi - in either direction.

I was a little concerned when the taxi pulled up on my arrival on a Friday night because there was a jazz band in full swing, with a full bar and restaurant. Would I be able to sleep with all the noise The room was absolutely quiet-with no noise leak. I stayed in one of 2 rooms on the second floor.

The bed is excellent -comfortable, very good linen and is really "KING sized". The bathroom not only looked great it was large and very functional. The towels are large. The entertainment system included HDMI inputs for portable devices as well as having access to Apple TV. More than adequate storage for clothing.

Though the decor was far from minimalist it was not offensive. There were no funny cleaning smells. A Nescafe pod machine and fresh milk is provided. The bar-fridge was compete with all the usual suspects and the reception staff didn't bat an eye-lid when I asked for the alcohol to be removed from the room.

I ate bar food twice in the hotel and it was very good. The barman was knowledgeable and mixed a very interesting martini. The crowd was a upmarket and the prices average. The bar scene seemed to be full-on when I returned from the conference in the late evening. Though I only ate breakfast once in the hotel. It was alacarte and hence a reasonable price and one wasn't tempted to over eat. If you're in a rush in the morning there's a very popular coffee cart - operated by the hotel.

There's very good reason the hotel provides a set of scales in the room!

There are number of interesting bars and restaurants close by if one didn't want to eat dinner every night in the hotel.

Staff attentive, helpful and friendly.

I unreservedly recommend this hotel. The only reason I don't give excellent is purely one of personal taste in relation to the decor - and I admit I'm probably being a little unfair.

Room Tip: Tell the cabbie the hotel is on the corner of St Georges Terrace and Mount Street. It's so bout...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Oscary
Barb B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Premier Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Oscary,

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. It is always our goal to ensure that every guest that stays at the The Terrace Hotel enjoys a comfortable, welcoming experience throughout all areas of the Hotel. It is something we very much focus on and are always thrilled to learn that we are delivering on this.

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind and comprehensive review on our hotel and we hope the scales did not tip too far in the wrong direction!

Once again thank you for your kind review and we do hope we get the chance to welcome you back again.

Kind regards,
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed 2 nights at this fabulous hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were fabulous; very courteous and could not do enough for me. The room was well thought out and the bathroom was one of the best I have been in for a long time! I don't usually have a bath when I stay at hotels as they can look a bit grubby, but this was in pristine condition and a good size that you could sit and relax in. Would definitely stay here again for business or as a couple (as this would be wasted on my teenagers!).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shellban
Barb B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Premier Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Shellban

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay at The Terrace Hotel.

We strive to provide friendly, professional and efficient customer service to all our guests so I am so pleased to hear your comments and will pass on your kind words to our wonderful staff.

We hope that you will come and stay with us once again in the near future.
Kind regards,