“Heaps of fun, great people & the most helpful staff”

and 1 more site!
Ozi Inn Backpackers
Ranked #32 of 49 Speciality Lodging in Perth
Bairnsdale, Australia
“Heaps of fun, great people & the most helpful staff”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Had a heap of fun with absolutely everyone in there. Herman (new manager) is an absolute legend & will do anything to help out if he can. It's a very central location with easy access to everything (supermarket-5 min. walk, heaps of night life-5 min. walk, central Perth-20 min. walk). Has basically all you need, & a great atmosphere. Made some really good friends (look forward to seeing you again Pauline- don't forget to call us when you're coming over) & will definately be calling in there next time i'm back that way.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank Charles L

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bredstedt, Germany
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This Hostel is a very nice one with a lot of nice people. The people who run this Hostel are very good people. They help you with everything! When i`m back in Perth some day, i am surely going back to OZI INN!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Soeren10
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Ozi Inn gave me some of the most fun filled times of the last few months. I am so glad I moved in here. Though some of the conditions are questionable. The rooms and facilities are airy and sunny to make you impartial to a bit of dirt. There are no lingering smells or dampness. The people and atmosphere is what makes the experience. All the the other things you need are there like a decent shower, enough toilets and clean counter tops to prepare food. Best of all you are close to everything. There's nightclubs, bars, internet cafes, Coles and the State library of WA. Mwah, mwah i will never forget you!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Brian O
Lyon, France
Reviewed 3 December 2011

This place is a disgrace ! Definitely the worst backpacker I’ve ever been to, by far. The biggest problem is the cleanliness (or should I say the dirtiness). It’s obviously never been cleaned, or even vacuumed. Our double room was nothing but a rathole : the bed was partially broken, the room was full of dust, there was some weird stains on the bed linen, the pillows stunk… We spent 2 nights at the Ozi Inn and I still can’t believe how we managed to find some sleep here (the jetlag was much help though).

And this dirtiness is everywhere in the place. The toilets look like the ones in Trainspotting. We found a used condom in the shower. And so on…

I’m still wondering how come we did not spot any cockroaches there, but I’m pretty sure it was too dirty for them!

If you ever think of staying at Ozi Inn…GO AWAY !

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pofdega

Travellers are raving about these Perth hotels

perth
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Do not stay here! I was travelling from Wales and i saw the ozi inn did free airport pick ups ( they dont really ) i landed in perth at 2 am and waited for an hour for them to pick me up, no one came so i caught a taxi which cost $40. Landed outside the hostel and went to the door, someone came to the door and said that they were closed so i asked them to get the person who was in charge of this place. He came down to the door and said were closed till the morning then i said wel you were ment to pick me up 2 hours ago and he said oh was i and walked off. By chance there was a 24hr check in not far away. The reason i was so angry was they sent me an email saying that they will pick me up and i gave a deposit down. Very poor hosting skills and managment skills.

This was the email they sent to me saying that they will pick me up.
Yes Lloyd i can come and pick you up that means that your booking starts on the 22nd not the 23rd so you check out at 10am on the 28th

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank iddon p
sunny l, Manager at Ozi Inn Backpackers, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Our hostel check-in time is 2 pm and check out time is 10am. If you intend to check-in early then 10 am, you will need to pay for the night before. This is our hostel policy. Yes, we provide 24 hours free airport pick up. Since your arrival is at 2 am you should know and book for the night before and we will pick you and check you into our hostel immediately.
For your case, you did not reply to our email confirming your booking. Also we collect upfront full payment by credit card and not a deposit like you have mentioned. Since you did not confirm your booking, therefore we did not arrange a free airport pick up for you.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 4 September 2011

it's a quiet place, good place in northbridge but very dirty (bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen...)
bedrooms are small
shower and toilets outside !
Wouldnt recomend this hostel

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights at the start of a camping trip in SW Australia. We arrived around 9pm and pounded on the door for 15 minutes. A few people walked past the door while we were trying to get in and ignored us. Eventually, someone came out of the gate from the side of the property. I ducked in and was confronted by someone (not sure if it was a guest or staff). It took awhile to convince him that we had a reservation. He eventually went to get the temporary manager (I think the full-time manager / owner was away on holiday that week). Once that misunderstanding was sorted out, the staff and guests were quite friendly (and seemed to be respectful about not making noise too late).

We had the "private" double room (with shared bathroom). The place hadn't been vacuumed in ages. The sheets were clean, although we had to put them on the bed ourselves. This wouldn't have been a problem, except that it allowed us to see the horrifying state of the pillows and mattress beneath (stains of all colors were evident on both, some identifiable as body fuilds, others were a bit more mysterious in their origins). The bathrooms were in a similar state to the sheets: well worn and cleaned sparingly. We did our best to stay away from the hostel except when we were sleeping (we even declined the free breakfast offered, worried that the staff had the same approach to hygiene in the kitchen as elsewhere).

I went back and forth in my mind as to whether or not I wanted to write this review (as I saw that the manager dismissed or explained away all other non-favorable reviews). I made my reservation with the assumption that the negative reviews were written by picky, unpleasant people (there are plenty of people out there who use tripadvisor as a place to vent). We did enjoy our time in Perth, and felt like the folks we met at Ozi Inn were good people. But, if cleanliness is an issue for you, look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple