“Don't stay here!”

Ranked #32 of 59 Speciality Lodging in Perth
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Don't stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Moved from this hostel quickly! One positive had computers! Workshop wasn't very good! Staff always busy ok location! Rooms were filthy, staff weren't helpful beds were falling apart ! Wouldn't recommend people staying here lots of people were being robbed here!

Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Penang, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Some staffs are nice and helpful, but there's an aunty not friendly at all.
She throw away guest's food without asking if guest store the food in pans or pots of hostel,
but there's no signboard/ notice to show guest is not allowed to store the food with hostel's kitchen utensil.
If you are looking for a working hostel, not go for Britannia on William, they have no information for you about job.
Yes, if you are Asian, especially Taiwanese, you might have the chance to get a job in factory, with some payment (so called agency fee) after you get the job.
It's a very big hostel, which can accommodate over 80 people, centrally located, asian street and bar street around.
The cleanliness is good, shower rooms and toilets are big enough.
Kitchen is closed at 10pm, if you need a tea after 10pm, no way.
People are making noise at the common area until late night everyday.
Not recommend to stay at all! Expensive wifi and room rate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Perth hotels

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Far from the airport, but it's not so hard to get there by public bus. Well located in the city centre. The hostel is a little old and not so well preserved. Rooms are average. Clean bathrooms, kitchen crowded (there are many many rooms), expensive wi-fi, good location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I actually stayed here in 2010 not 2013 but it doesn't give me that option. I don't even know where to begin, if it weren't for the people who were staying there with me it would have been completely unbearable. Well where to start, I stayed in a large dorm for about 2 months, however they don't take long term bookings so I was frequently having to pack up and change rooms when rebooking and eventually I was told that all the beds were booked and that I had to leave. I pointed out the fact I had been staying there for a while and had spent a lot of money on accommodation there but in spite of that they asked me to leave. This was actually quite worrying as I was then, an 18 yr old girl, on my own, with a suitcase on a desperate search for another hostel to stay in. I was informed several times by my friends that the bed I had been staying in was not occupied by anyone for several weeks after I was asked to leave. The only positive about this place is Auntie Po (if she is still there) and the location. If you can overlook the rude management, the filthy kitchens with cockroaches running around, the lack of curtains in the bedrooms and the no air conditioning despite excessive temperatures then this place is perfect! Otherwise I would say, go elsewhere and judging by the other reviews I am not the only one who feels that way!!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank BLouise18
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Don't even contemplate this place, expensive messy and smells, we got a room with no furnishings, sheets stank, no windows in room, building creaked and made noise could literally hear people on the other side of hostel walking around, a huge percentage of the backpackers there were Asian, and extremely rude and unfriendly, in fact this place seems to make people unfriendly .The showers were nice and it had a good location, but it was so noisy at night it was unreal, this was mainly from the hostel even though there is signs saying quiet at night, I don't think the owners care about the customers, if they did then maybe a ladder on the bunkbed ? Or even a mirror or even clean the place, I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy, and by the looks of it neither would most people, at least none of our stuff got stolen, but seriously don't even contemplate going here, I would rather sleep in a drain or sewer than spend a night here

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This place is not good at all. I imagine its kind of like what prison feels like. But prison is free and this place charge a fortune! Glad I only stayed 1 night.

Only plus side is that it's close to the city centre. 5 min walk to perth central train station. I didn't meet the crazy Chinese lady on the front desk I met a quite nice Australian man.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Kevin T
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed here over the weekend and I have got little bites all over my skin. I dont know whether it is from the mattress, or the discusting carpeting that looks original. I have had to re-clean everything, including my backpack. Staff is not friendly. The room smelled like my grandmothers house (after she died in it) and when I walked across the floors I feard I might fall through. I am a well travelled backpacker and have stayed in many places, but this tops the list for worst hostel I have ever been to. I DO NOT RECOMEND STAYING THERE!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank yey11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perth
Citylights Hotel
City Perth Backpackers Hostel
Ozi Inn Backpackers
Ozi Inn Backpackers
#35 of 59 in Perth

Been to Britannia on William? Share your experiences!