“keep away!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Governor Robinsons Backpackers Hostel

Governor Robinsons Backpackers Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Perth
Governor Robinsons Backpackers Hostel
Ranked #34 of 60 Speciality Lodging in Perth
perth
“keep away!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed at this hostel for four nights, the first 3 nights wasnt to bad as i was in a double room with my boyfriend very basic only a double bed an locker. the forth night i stayed in a 8 bed dorm 7 men and myself, when i went into the room i walked strait back out an was physicaly sick the smell was disgracfull and the room was filtey it was like the room had not bein cleaned in weeks. The air conditioning wasnt even on at all. There was only three showers an 3 tolits in the hole hostel and never had tolit paper in them no shower doors on showers and floor was always full of water, the kitchen was very small only 2 cookers an one fridge kitchen was not clean at all. the lady that worked there was very helpfull and really nice as the man that worked ther was very crankey and rude and always spoke to the staff terrible. I paied the las to days in full and walked out on the second last day with no refund at all the man was very demanding and abrubt. I would never stay in this hostel again and would recommend it to no body hope this review is of help to other people!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hazel g

Business
Onslow, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I have some mixed thoughts on this property. I did enjoy the time I spent there and met some really nice people. The bedrooms were very basic but clean. The bathrooms were too small with only 4 showers for the entire hostel which I think could be 50/60 beds. The bathrooms need updated. The shower rooms don't have screens so there is always water all over the floor. Would be nice if the ration of toilet roll increased a bit! The living/dining area is nice and homely and it is nice to have dinner there. The kitchen is too small with only really space for up to two people to prep food at once. Only one fridge which is a nightmare to try and store anything in. The pots and pans could do with being replaced as they either have no handles or the handles are very loose. Security could be a bit tighter as there does seem to be quite a lot that goes missing. The fenale owner is lovely and very helpful. This place is fine and I would stay again, it could just do with a little bit of updating and some TLC.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Raquelle686
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed at this backpackers for four nights and every night there was someone staying there who was missing food out of their bags or even their entire bag had been taken!! Out of the four nights, I had two where food / alcohol had been taken out of my bag in the fridge. I ended up having to pad lock it for security. There are two female showers and three toilets and 60 beds, I had to ask for more toilet paper every day as only one roll is issues per day! There is one fridge for everyone's food and no freezer. There is one common room which has a tv, dining room, kitchen & internet computers.. So if you want to chill and relax and read a book or watch the tv, you have to compete with the noise of everyone cooking and dining. There are long term residents here so there is a very clique atmosphere.. It is pretty central and it's not as crusty as some of the other Perth backpackers I have seen, but still not ideal.. Unfortunately there is not a lot going in Perth City so if it was a choice out of "totally crusty" & "thieves & noisy", I would have to pick this one & be extra security conscious... Sad really.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Perth hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

The title of this says it all. This place is definitely not worth the money we paid to stay. Rooms are tired and need updating as do the bathrooms. We have stayed in places on our trip around oz where for this money you could expect your own room, TV, fridge and air con. No such luck here, a shame because the kitchen is nice and the owners seemed genuinely friendly.

• Stayed November 2011
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

Staying was OK. I was only there one night. There was nothing good but nothing bad about the room in general. It is a smallish backpackers. The people who were there longer term did not have good things to say. They complained about the stingy owners.
I had a bad experience in that I asked for them to confirm my early morning airport shuttle and they called the wrong company (I did not know this at the time) even though I showed them my pre-paid voucher. They should know that there are multiple companies but apparently did not care enough to look at my voucher. It caused lots of stress and I was up 45 min earlier than I had to be and almost could not get back in after getting on the incorrect shuttle. It was a very bad and stressful morning and did not have to be. I was very disappointed with the level of care. Also make sure to know they require cash. I did not know this and they did not tell me when I called to make the reservation.
The kitchen was clean and the rooms were ok. They do post a sign for quiet hours but no one paid attention and I had to go down at midnight to ask for people to stop yelling as there were people there jumping on the kitchen counters and yelling while playing keep away.
I would stay elsewhere on my next trip to Perth.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Sibu, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

We stayed here 5 nights during our recent trip to Perth. The hostel was great and we surely would introduce this hostel to our friends. We love the cute kitchen, clean room with 3 separate beds , ideal location and easy access to most places, the friendly hosts and housekeeping staff made us feel warm & welcomed during our stay there. Evening was a bit quiet , but to us , was an added advantage after a long day trip and looking forward to a good sleep tho it may not sounds good to those who loves happening hostels in evening. Only one thing , if you stay at room 2, the reflection of ligts on window from corridor of entrance might be annoying at night.. Overall, this is great hostel and we will certainly come back again , perhaps in 2 years time.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2011

Room was clean and spacious, bed was comfortable. Price may have been a bit high considering hotel northbridge was only $60/night more and that was a king and queen bed with a corner spa!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple