“Great hotel - quiet location - friendly and very helpful staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Northbridge

Hotel Northbridge
Ranked #44 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Gold Coast
“Great hotel - quiet location - friendly and very helpful staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stay here every month now after being forced out of my usual 4 star hotels by the incredibly expensive rates. Apprehensive at first, I now love this hotel. The staff are friendly and extremely helpful, not to mention flexible, which is a word that is almost rare in the travel world!! The rooms are comfortable and clean, the showers have good power and the bed linen is crisp. The restaurant is good value and good food. Location is wonderful and away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Free parking underneath is great and easy access. I choose to stay here now and feel like it's a home away from home. Thanks to the Front Office Manager, Neil, who is always helping me when I change my booking, which is frequently! and always storing my many boxes of samples and books for me. Yes, a very good hotel for not only budget conscious, couples and tourists, but also the price conscious executive.

Room Tip: The rooms with 2 Doubles are very large rooms and great if you have lots of bags. I personally love...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Bolwarra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night for work purposes! I was a bit apprehensive when I realised the hotel was attached to a pub, but I was presently surprised with the presentation, courteous staff and quiet room! The rooms are unusual with the spa in the corner of the room but there is a curtain for privacy so it's fine! The bed was comfy and the little extras such as toothbrush, comb etc are a little bonus!
My only complaint would be that I rang for room service and was told to wait a moment and no-one returned to the phone to take my order, so I hung up! I didn't bother to phone back as I had taken a packet of soup and ended up settling for that! Hopefully this won't happen to anyone else!
I'll definitely stay here again when next in Perth!

Stayed October 2012
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

We only had the one night here but the room was HUGE and very comfortable with a big Spa bath so we are looking forward to coming back and spending more time here.
The staff were courteous although I didn't like having to pay for the room when we arrived and then a separate payment for meals etc when we checked out.

Room Tip: Don't know if it's only the spa rooms that are so big so ask for one of those if you can
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Caloundra, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012 via mobile

We booked the hotel on line. Flew across from Brisbane and checked in. Service was good and friendly. We had a king room and it was spacious and very quiet. We had bfast there one morning. It was nice and fresh. Parking downstairs a bit tight if you have a big car. Nice walks nearby and just two doors up nice Italian food too. We liked it so rebooked to stay there again for one night before flying home.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

A lot has been written about the Northbridge some good some not so good. Firstly may I say that the hotel overall provides reasonable accommodation, meals and from my perspective excellent service. I have never been confronted with rude or unhelpful staff. For the price charged for a standard spa room it is good clean comfortable accommodation in what is a grossly inflated accommodation market owing to the mining boom. It is not the Ritz Carlton by any means as some seem to think and or expect. I use the hotel every month and am more than happy with it. Some may have difficulty with the bedroom/bathroom concept for me its not big issues. It meets all the things I require of a hotel, clean linen, comfortable bed, good sleeping environment good breakfast, easy access to CBD and major transport links and most importantly no bed bugs. Cost per night is fine.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lake210, Front Office Manager at Hotel Northbridge, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear A-Wildgoose

Thank you for your positive comments recently on the Hotel Northbridge. It is a pleasure to have repeat customers come back to our business. We do try and make all guests feel that they are staying at a home away from home.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Regards

Neil Crompton
Front Office Manager
Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed here overnight after arriving in Perth from the States. For the price and the location, it was well worth it. We had a corner room on the 2nd floor overlooking the balcony. We weren't too sure whether or not that portion of the balcony could be accessed so we kept the blinds closed. We were allowed to check in early - which was really nice after a long flight - and enjoyed the soaking tub. As another reviewer mentioned, the shower/tub is in the room (only the toilet is separate) so you will need to be comfortable with your travel partner! :-) The room was clean and the bed was comfy. Within walking distance of several restaurants and bars. My only complaint was that the room needed a paint job and the toilet area had marks on the wall where they had indicated that they needed paint. Other than that, it was well worth it and enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

Hotel Northbridge is a nice place to stay. It's a little tattered and needs a paint job, but it is clean. The rooms are spacious and well equipt. Beds are very comfortable. Water pressure and temperature reliability is a bit of an issue.

Room Tip: The spa rooms are nice
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business