Hotel Northbridge
Average 3/5
ibis Perth(Perth)
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
Four Points by Sheraton Perth(Perth)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsspa bathvietnamese restaurantgreat spafuse barroom servicelarge roomstreet parkinggood sizewalking distancecomfy bedrooms are cleanfantastic locationinner cityconvenient locationper daynorthbridgecafes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Northbridge for 4 days for work and overall I think it represented reasonable value by Perth standards. The room itself had a spa, which for around $170 per night was a nice inclusion. There was plenty of space in the room and the bed was very comfortable. The room was very quiet. The hotel is about 2km from the Perth CBD but there is good public transport nearby. Apart from the restaurant in the hotel itself (Chimes) there is any number of cafes and restaurants nearby. I like to go swimming in the morning and the Beatty Park swimming pool is in easy walking distance of the hotel. On the down side: its seems you have to wait for an eternity for the lift to come! If you choose to park there is a $10 a day fee. There was a balcony which you couldn't walk out onto. The continental breakfast in the restaurant is a bit limited and the selection on offer is less than imaginative! Nevertheless, I'd say this hotel beats a lot of the flash hotels in the CBD and is a good option.

Room Tip: Leave your car somewhere else and avoid the parking fee. Public transport is cheap and will get you anywhere.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank conatus
Reviewed 28 October 2012

To appreciate this hotel you have to first reflect on its history dating back to the early 1900's. The room was large with a comfortable king size bed and a mix of modern and old time fixtures. The bathroom was part of the main living area which is a little strange in these modern days, but in reflecting back - perhaps not a big deal in earlier times. The spa bath was very welcoming after a long day and the water pressure to fill it must have been hooked up the the fire hose 'cause it came out with a vengence. The Chime Restaurant downstairs was nice and you can still get a reasonably cheap, good quality meal. The Restaurant staff were very helpful and friendly and bent over backwards to help our grumpy 18mth old settle by offering her toys to play with and playing games with her. The Vietnamese Restaurant across the road is highly recomended and not too expensive. Northbridge is the acclaimed cultural area Perth and home to many restaurants and pubs and a good place to base yourself if you enjoy fine dining and/or the nighclub scene. The Northbridge Hotel is a good choice is you want a comfortable bed without the high price tag, but . . . . . . take note it may be a little awkward if you are sharing a room with "friends" as the bathroom has no walls.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank youstillthere
Reviewed 24 October 2012

A few reasons why I wouldn't recommend this hotel. My mate & I are in Perth for a wedding, and sharing a twin bed room at the Northbridge hotel. Our experience so far as been..

1. Although we are in a twin share room, the hotel will not provide us with 2 keys for the room. Strange when they are happy to give us soap, shampoo and towels, but not 2 room keys.

2. In a twin bed room, the shower & bathroom are actually IN the room, with no door, just a shower curtain. Not ideal when you're sharing a room with your mate.

3. Wifi is $80 for a few days, cheaper to buy a sim card. There is free Wifi across the road at The Dizzy Witch Cafe.

4. Rooms are average, clean enough but I wouldn't say 4 star, as the hotel claims. 3 Star would be fair.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tim J
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stay here every month now after being forced out of my usual 4 star hotels by the incredibly expensive rates. Apprehensive at first, I now love this hotel. The staff are friendly and extremely helpful, not to mention flexible, which is a word that is almost rare in the travel world!! The rooms are comfortable and clean, the showers have good power and the bed linen is crisp. The restaurant is good value and good food. Location is wonderful and away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Free parking underneath is great and easy access. I choose to stay here now and feel like it's a home away from home. Thanks to the Front Office Manager, Neil, who is always helping me when I change my booking, which is frequently! and always storing my many boxes of samples and books for me. Yes, a very good hotel for not only budget conscious, couples and tourists, but also the price conscious executive.

Room Tip: The rooms with 2 Doubles are very large rooms and great if you have lots of bags. I personally love the Ground Floor rooms so no need to wait for elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Stayed one night for work purposes! I was a bit apprehensive when I realised the hotel was attached to a pub, but I was presently surprised with the presentation, courteous staff and quiet room! The rooms are unusual with the spa in the corner of the room but there is a curtain for privacy so it's fine! The bed was comfy and the little extras such as toothbrush, comb etc are a little bonus!
My only complaint would be that I rang for room service and was told to wait a moment and no-one returned to the phone to take my order, so I hung up! I didn't bother to phone back as I had taken a packet of soup and ended up settling for that! Hopefully this won't happen to anyone else!
I'll definitely stay here again when next in Perth!

Stayed: October 2012