“Excellent location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Sebel East Perth

The Sebel East Perth
Ranked #24 of 81 Hotels in Perth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Indonesian first
Kondinin, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent standard for a very reasonable price, slightly hard to find but absolutely lovely. Upon arrival we discovered our room had no bath, which I had understood on booking that it did, but as soon as we asked reception about it we were upgraded to room with a bath and river views. The staff were eager to please and couldn't do enough to make our stay fantastic, The only gripe is that there was no folder of hotel info in the room, I think there may have been something on the tv hotel channel but I would've preferred to have on hand to read. Otherwise, I can't rave about this place enough, we will be back!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sacha A
Mandy R, Manager at The Sebel East Perth, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Sacha A,
Wow, what a terrific review, thank you. I am so glad the team were helpful and despite us not meeting your needs initially, they we able to turn things around. I am pleased to advise that we are working on in room directories and these should be in the rooms in the next couple of months.
Thank you again for your very kind words,
Regards, Mandy Rodgers, General Manager, Sebel Residence East Perth
perth wa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Although this was a nice clean apartment with good location I thought it was overpriced for what it was ..also I thought room service would have been there at least breakfast delivery in room...but cannot fault the actual apartment at all....also the parking was a PAIN park next door pay 26.00 walk back...not good

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank valPerthWa
Dear valPerthWa,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. Unfortunately we don't have any restaurants that are part of the Hotel but there are many that have the facility to charge back to the Hotel. We are hoping that a new cafe that is due to open in March/April will offer us the option to deliver room service breakfast to our guests. I am sorry that this let your stay down but I hope the location, facilities and staff made up for it a little.
Thank you again, we really appreciate your time,
Regards, Mandy Rodgers, General Manager, Sebel Residence East Perth
Warrnambool, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

My 1st stay at Sebel East Perth was brilliant with Bianca Boulbree as the General Manager!
I left telling everyone how they had the best Manager and customer service I had ever received and I am a well travelled person........ HOWEVER on my return...........
The General Manager had left Sebel for another position in the Company and as far as I am concerned it was down hill after that.
I had 4 Front Desk Officers telling me different answers to the same question I asked (Dow, Sopie, Anne and Daniel) and when I re:question their answer they looked at me and still told me another different answer??
Sopie over charged me by a $1000.00 & when I question this she said Sebel only hold a deposit (which happen to be a $1000) BUT it had been taken out of my account I said without my authorisation?
So they didnt have my money? YET they did have my money & using it to get interests?
The best was yet come: The Front Office Manager Ann who then went on to complain about Daniel (a staff member)who had restored my faith in Sebel by sorting this mess out and the only one who had made sense to me - he was brilliant!!!!
Now to make the best out of a bad situation we stayed on.
I asked to speak with Ehab the General Manager. As you guess I am still waiting.......
I had a Citbank card sent express to me whilst at Sebel East & once I left seven days later - Front Desk promised to forward to my home address. As you guessed I am still waiting.........
I asked for & accured my Le Club Accor Hotel points. I expect a call when I went back to my room (Dec 2013) As you guess Im still waiting for the phone call
Washing machine did not spin properly so washing was left soaked with water
Shower was not over clean
Kitchen tap sprayed everwhere when you turned it on
Curtains were half on track
Carpet was not cleaned properly and we had to keep asking for clean towels
We gave up on toilet paper and brought our own
We did not get the room or service we expected - there is more to say but that bad experience is behind us now
The only good thing going for Sebel Residence East Perth is Daniel that I am grateful for and the eating venues were in close proximity

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
6 Thank MichelleMcQuilton
Mandy R, General Manager at The Sebel East Perth, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear MichelleMcQuilton,

Thank you for taking the time again to review The Sebel Residence. I can see from your comments that you are very dissapointed with your recent stay, this being particularly dissapointing as your last stay with us was such a positive and enjoyable one.

I would appreciate the opportuninity to discuss the details of your recent stay should you wish to. I can be contacted at the Sebel Residence on 08 9223 2500.

Kind regards,