“A Nice Experience good location”
Review of Mantra on Murray

Mantra on Murray
Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 25 May 2009

My partner and myself stayed in the Mantra on Murray after leaving the Wentworth Plaza (a comfort inn) earlier!
The Mantra on Murray was a bit expensive compared to other accomodation we stayed in $165 AUD a night. It was clean, comfortable, well serviced, location was fantastic, the rooms were quiet and the staff helpful, friendly and nice. In our rate we had breakfast included which was a full buffet style offering hot breakfast, cereal, fruit, salad, meats, fruit juices, hot drinks, toast etc etc. The room was large and the air con worked a treat. the kitchen area was well equiped and the bathroom large. We would stay here again but maybe try booking via wotif.com to get a better rate. It is a great base to explore Perth from being in the heart of the CBD and close to the shopping district of Northbridge.
The restaurant is called Bin 305 Wine Bar.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,657)

An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 1 March 2009

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed 25 November 2008

Date: Nov 2008
Reviewer: Malaysia

We recently stayed at the Mantra on Murray (as it is now called) with young children. The rooms were very basic with not much of an ambience. However, they were pleasantly large in size which allowed for ample space for the kids to move around. The air conditioner in the room was a wall unit which was insufficient to cater for the room size. The key selling point of this hotel is the location. The apartment is a short walk to the main mall area and surrounded by lovely shops and restaurants. Chinatown was also a short stroll away offering lovely chinese and vietnamese food. This is a no frills apartment catered to those that are not intending to spend too much time in the room.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 7 July 2008

I stayed here a second time after a reasonable experience the first time around. I had noted originally that although the rooms were well fitted out, the housekeeping was a little below par. Now I'm not actually convinced they do any housekeeping.

The room I got was dusty all over the skirting boards, tables, desks, lampshades etc.

More worrying was when I went to tuck myself into bed that night.... The bed had been made (and looked like it was clean from the outside), but when I pulled the covers back it was full of pubic hairs (not just one or two either). ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.

They gave me a new room (so they should have), and the next day, the housekeeping took the (hopefully clean) towel I'd used the previous day and replaced it with one that had a big dirty stain down the middle.

I've got serious concerns about the hygeine standards of this place.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank ilikeicecream
Reviewed 21 May 2008

We stayed at the Mantra on Murray st. for a week but the hotel staff ruined our trip in the first night. We checked-in after midnight at Mantra. There was only one staff at the Front Desk and he acted like we interrupted his entertainment at work. He showed us a very bad manner when he checked us in and acted like we didn't have any options at this late night. I ended up with an argument with him and his voice was louder than mine. That was the first time, I had a hotel staff yelled at my face.
I have travelled many countries and stayed in many hotels. I haven't seen this kind of attitude in hospitality industry. We may have unsatisfactoriness and complain about hotel. It is reasonable to do so since we are customers but not in this hotel.
I can not understand why the hotel still tolerates this staff. However I won't stay at Mantra ever again when he is still around.

• Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank poorpoorpoor
Reviewed 11 March 2008

A serious warning to anyone who consider staying with Pacific International Perth. It may ruin your whole trip and turn your holiday to a nightmare if you are unlucky enough to be served by the receptionist Dimitri. My friend and I had extremely terrible experience dealing with Dimitri. He is so rude and mean and we really don’t understand why Pacific International still put him on that job. We gave our feedback to Pacific International regarding our awful experience with Dimitri but haven’t received any response. So my rating is minus 5. Shall I stay with Pacific International Perth again? Absolutely not even it’s free.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank nomorePI
Reviewed 2 December 2007

We took a studio room. Had a kitchenette. There are apparantly good stuido rooms and bad ones so make sure you get a good one. The one we had was 725 and was quite spacious. The location was perfect. Right next to the mall and in the heart of the city. 5 min walk to the station which proved really handy as Subiaco/Cottesloe Beach/Burswood Casino were all accessible by train.

Cleaners serviced the rooms at 3-4pm which was annoying at times as that was when we'd be back for a rest.

Perth is a beautiful city. Beaches are amazing. Probably the prettiest
and most liveable one in Australia. Lots of flies though.

They have a wagamama restaurant in Subiaco btw.

Stayed: November 2007