“Clean and great location”

Brownelea Holiday Apartments
Ranked #44 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Singapore, Singapore
“Clean and great location”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Brownlea Holiday Apartments is located just north of the Northbridge area in Perth. This makes it convenient to get around. Located at the junction of Bruwer and Palmerston St it is well connected to the city centre and also to the north and south freeways. The Hyde Park Hotel and Pub which serves great food is also a short walking distance away.
We stayed for 13 nights in a Superior room with two single beds. The room opens to the swimming pool on the ground floor.
Run by Mr Ung and his wife May with the help from relatives the hotel is well managed. They were both very friendly and helpful.
The room is clean and bath towels are changed almost every day. There is a self service token operated laundromat.
The free in-house wifi was good and the TV works although having Foxtel hooked up will be a boon.
The kitchenette was rather well equipped with a gas range top, fridge and microwave. We wish there was an oven provided as we like to shop in the supermarkets and whip up our own roast.
Ample free parking was available in the compound. Although there was no gate the parking was safe.
We will be glad to stay here again when we return to Perth.
Highly recommended to anyone who wish for a good clean accommodation to stay in Perth.

Room Tip: The Superior rooms are great.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GlobeTrotta203

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed for one month in hotel Brownelea for a business trip. It is very easily accesible to perth city,Bus and train station and it has all facilities for cooking. Which is the one most i liked because food is very important. The rent is also reasonable. Room is also spacious and comfortable which can accomodate upto 4 adults comfortably. I will recommend this hotel definately for a decent stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Vijay A
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Great value, central location and friendly staff make for an ideal stay. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend brownelea apartments to any and all travellers. Half the cost of most places with equal or better facilities.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Kristian200
Melbourne
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Just completed my 5 days business trip to Perth. This apartment is located in a perfect location near perth CBD.Chinatown is within 10 minutes walking distance and some great Vietnamese restaurants nearby. A little cafe across the road serves great breakfast and Hyde park is just few minutes walk away. Staff are friendly and gave me a great recommendation to a fantastic restaurant for seafood dinner last night. The rooms are clean and good value. Will be back in my next trip to Perth.

CS Looe

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CS L
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Firstly I got moved around to 3 different room to accommodate in 10 days. The last room change which I did not request, was for the lower level and it was claimed to be the deluxe room as it was next to the pool. So I had to pay extra for a room I did not want, in the middle of winter, so I could easily access a pool I was not going to use. The pool pump started every morning and now that I was on the lower level, I could hear the pool filter pump at 5.30am every morning. The low mechanical pump sound goes straight through the pool and into our room. I really thought there was a helicopter hovering close by.

It is cheap and cheerful place,but somewhere you would stay only if you were on a very tight budget.

There were many people living in this motel and would advise one to make sure they took their valuables with them to the room, when staying overnight.

This is the mentality of management.
I explained to management I did not want to change rooms, and as I was doing this to help them rent more rooms out and be more profitable, but it was an inconvenience to me. They said We sorry we tell you we change room and charge you more for deluxe room. I should have just stayed in my old room had a decent night sleep and not have had to pay more. They have no idea about customer service. There was also a fight in this hotel when we were there and the police were called.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs if you wish to stay here.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank CHRISTOPHER71730
peng U, Manager at Brownelea Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
This guest accompanied another guest who is a regular visitor and initially booked for 7 nights.
Subsequently when he wanted to extend their stay we informed him[Andrew] that as we were full except for an apartment on the first floor for one night and another Superior apartment on the ground floor for the rest of the stay [4 nights] it would be necessary to shift if he wanted to extend to which Andrew agreed. So the shifts required was clearly made known to his mate who normally deals with us and if there is a lack of communication between them it is not our fault.
The kreepy Krawley. starts operating about 6.30am and has been doing so for a long time but we have not received any complaints from guests ; however to prevent any more complaints from guests who may be very sensitive to such sounds we have delayed the start up to 8am.
Redcliffe, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Just returned from a few days at this establishment. Found the late night check-in instructions very good ... midnight flight arrival into Perth. Unit was very clean and well presented with all modern conveniences. Staff were very helpful and pleasant. The Holiday Units are close to Perth CBD ... easy walk of approx. 15 minutes. Had been given an upgrade to a superior room on the ground floor which was excellent. Would recommend this place to anyone wanting a fully equipped self catering unit for a holiday. Would be happy to stay there again next time in Perth.
Thank you ... Alex.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alex B
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I like this hotel. Irt is very close to Noerth Bridge where all the night life is. Rooms are large and spacious and clean, but the bath rooms have no mixer taps. The vietnm\namesse grocer on the corner does great take away sandwiches and cheap too.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends