“Just When You Think Friendly Service Gone.. Bob Dixon”

and 1 more site!
Brownelea Holiday Apartments
Ranked #46 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Bob and Anita Dixon. Having been guests, and that is what you are made to feel like, three times this year I will not be looking anywhere else for future stays in Perth. The units were probably built in the 1970's, but so what. They are clean and comfortable and convenient to the City. There is free parking and Wi Fi available. There is a self contained kitchen and a full size fridge that actually keeps things cold and holds enough stuff making daily stock ups unnecessary.

But the best part is that from the moment you make contact for a booking until the time you leave you are made to feel welcome. Follow up contact is made if you are arriving after the office is closed to ensure you are looked after upon arrival. Many so called more Star Rated apartments could learn a thing or two from the folk at Brownlea. Bob and Anita Dixon

Room Tip: Simply advise of your needs and sit back. The Brownlea folk will do their best to meet them.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Bob D D

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Brownlea Holiday Apartments is located just north of the Northbridge area in Perth. This makes it convenient to get around. Located at the junction of Bruwer and Palmerston St it is well connected to the city centre and also to the north and south freeways. The Hyde Park Hotel and Pub which serves great food is also a short walking distance away.
We stayed for 13 nights in a Superior room with two single beds. The room opens to the swimming pool on the ground floor.
Run by Mr Ung and his wife May with the help from relatives the hotel is well managed. They were both very friendly and helpful.
The room is clean and bath towels are changed almost every day. There is a self service token operated laundromat.
The free in-house wifi was good and the TV works although having Foxtel hooked up will be a boon.
The kitchenette was rather well equipped with a gas range top, fridge and microwave. We wish there was an oven provided as we like to shop in the supermarkets and whip up our own roast.
Ample free parking was available in the compound. Although there was no gate the parking was safe.
We will be glad to stay here again when we return to Perth.
Highly recommended to anyone who wish for a good clean accommodation to stay in Perth.

Room Tip: The Superior rooms are great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GlobeTrotta203
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed for one month in hotel Brownelea for a business trip. It is very easily accesible to perth city,Bus and train station and it has all facilities for cooking. Which is the one most i liked because food is very important. The rent is also reasonable. Room is also spacious and comfortable which can accomodate upto 4 adults comfortably. I will recommend this hotel definately for a decent stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Vijay A
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Great value, central location and friendly staff make for an ideal stay. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend brownelea apartments to any and all travellers. Half the cost of most places with equal or better facilities.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Kristian200
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Just completed my 5 days business trip to Perth. This apartment is located in a perfect location near perth CBD.Chinatown is within 10 minutes walking distance and some great Vietnamese restaurants nearby. A little cafe across the road serves great breakfast and Hyde park is just few minutes walk away. Staff are friendly and gave me a great recommendation to a fantastic restaurant for seafood dinner last night. The rooms are clean and good value. Will be back in my next trip to Perth.

CS Looe

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CS L
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Firstly I got moved around to 3 different room to accommodate in 10 days. The last room change which I did not request, was for the lower level and it was claimed to be the deluxe room as it was next to the pool. So I had to pay extra for a room I did not want, in the middle of winter, so I could easily access a pool I was not going to use. The pool pump started every morning and now that I was on the lower level, I could hear the pool filter pump at 5.30am every morning. The low mechanical pump sound goes straight through the pool and into our room. I really thought there was a helicopter hovering close by.

It is cheap and cheerful place,but somewhere you would stay only if you were on a very tight budget.

There were many people living in this motel and would advise one to make sure they took their valuables with them to the room, when staying overnight.

This is the mentality of management.
I explained to management I did not want to change rooms, and as I was doing this to help them rent more rooms out and be more profitable, but it was an inconvenience to me. They said We sorry we tell you we change room and charge you more for deluxe room. I should have just stayed in my old room had a decent night sleep and not have had to pay more. They have no idea about customer service. There was also a fight in this hotel when we were there and the police were called.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs if you wish to stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank CHRISTOPHER71730
peng U, Manager at Brownelea Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

This guest accompanied another guest who is a regular visitor and initially booked for 7 nights.
Subsequently when he wanted to extend their stay we informed him[Andrew] that as we were full except for an apartment on the first floor for one night and another Superior apartment on the ground floor for the rest of the stay [4 nights] it would be necessary to shift if he wanted to extend to which Andrew agreed. So the shifts required was clearly made known to his mate who normally deals with us and if there is a lack of communication between them it is not our fault.
The kreepy Krawley. starts operating about 6.30am and has been doing so for a long time but we have not received any complaints from guests ; however to prevent any more complaints from guests who may be very sensitive to such sounds we have delayed the start up to 8am.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Just returned from a few days at this establishment. Found the late night check-in instructions very good ... midnight flight arrival into Perth. Unit was very clean and well presented with all modern conveniences. Staff were very helpful and pleasant. The Holiday Units are close to Perth CBD ... easy walk of approx. 15 minutes. Had been given an upgrade to a superior room on the ground floor which was excellent. Would recommend this place to anyone wanting a fully equipped self catering unit for a holiday. Would be happy to stay there again next time in Perth.
Thank you ... Alex.