“Fantastic lunch in Perth”
Review of The Tuck Shop Cafe

The Tuck Shop Cafe
Ranked #2 of 1,390 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic lunch in Perth”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

If you can get in...... this place is a must. Food and service is top notch Definitely recommend this place I will be back

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Great food”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The tuck shop is one of the busiest brunch place in town. you will need to wait for a long time to get a table. But the food was delicious.

• Visited June 2013
“Great for breakfast”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We came here today with another couple, who we meet up with regularly over breakfast. None of us had tried the Tuck Shop Cafe before, so it was a completely new experience for everyone.

The breakfasts were all delicious. Choices ranged from the mixed berry pancakes (which I had), to bacon and poached eggs, Moroccan meatballs and black pudding on cheese toast with a poached egg, so we had a broad range from the extensive breakky menu. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed what they had ordered - speaking from personal experience, the pancakes were really delicious, and the vanilla marscapone was fantastically addictive.

Our coffees were nice. Not quite hot enough for me - as a result I skulled my first large cappucino (I'm not a fan of coffee that isn't reasonably hot). Otherwise it was fine however.

Service was good - prompt and friendly. It did get a bit noisier as time went on (were were there from just before 8am until 9:45am) but it didn't impact on our conversation. My voice doesn't carry in noisy areas and nobody had problems hearing me, so the general noise level wasn't enough to be a problem for us.

I'd recommend Tuck Shop Cafe to anyone - delicious food, good service. And breakfast prices were very good - all around $12.50, from memory.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jen W
Sydney, Australia
2,982 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,886 helpful votes
“Best brekkie in Australia”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Juts love it here - almost worth a special trip to Perth for. Great variety of options for breakfast - can be either substantial like a chorizo and pork belly or perhaps a nasi goreng or a light and healthy option like the beautiful and fresh asparagus and spinach that I had this morning - something for everyone.
Great staff and top coffee - huge queue waiting for takeaway coffee.
Unlike "picina" below, I actually love the hustle and bustle - lots of noise and vitality showing people enjoying the atmosphere.
Excellent value.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank RonWamberal
Sandy
“A real gem”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I had read the reviews of this café before visiting Perth, so knew of its reputation, and it certainly lived up to it. The food was excellent: fresh and well prepared, accompanied by first rate service in relaxed surrounds. I would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Visited April 2014