“We will never go back again!”

Bakers Terrace Lunch Bar & Cafe
Ranked #1,032 of 1,448 Restaurants in Perth
Description: Located opposite Dome Cafe, Adelaide Terrace at traffic lights. Near the corner of Victoria Avenue.
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My wife and were in Perth for the Ashes test match. We wanted breakfast on our way to the ground. I ordered a bacon sandwich and coffee, I turned to my wife, she ordered scrambled egg and a cup of tea.
We sat at the table and waited for our food to arrive. Our drinks came. My bacon sandwich arrived. We asked for the scrambled egg. We were told it would be along in a moment. A moment came and went. We asked again for the scrambled egg. We were told its the next order. We couldn't work out why that part of the order had become separated from mine. We asked again, we were told its being cooked now. We asked again and this time the chap who took the order came to the table to tell us that we had not ordered scrambled egg. He argued with us that we had only ordered a bacon sandwich. If that was the case, why were we told it was on its way four times? There was no apology, no attempt to put it right, no suggestion that they will go an do it right now, they just said we had never ordered it. I don't like being told I'm a liar and never being one to force my business on anybody, we left and will not return. These people do not know how to run a proper business and if they treat other people like they treated us, they will soon run out of customers.

1  Thank Bruce K

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Located a stone's throw from the Duxton Hotel where I was on room only tariff I found the ideal small bakery to stroll to each morning of my Perth stay for a lovely inexpensive breakfast. As I was going to the cricket each day they made up some great rolls to take away for lunch which were a hundred times better than those on offer at the WACCA.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We eat breakfast here every morning of our stay in Perth wonderful food great friendly staff always smiling breakfast to die for and fantastic cakes look no further this is the place to eat

1  Thank Tonymarchant
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

English Breakfast is big and very good value. Cakes are amazing and we had just a cake for lunch. So good we won't risk anything else for breakfast in our 5 day stay here. Check it out.

2  Thank Ace28065
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Good value bakery. They make all their own pies, pastries, cakes and sandwiches. Quality can be a problem: a pastry lover would scoff at their attempt at croissants, a coffee lover reel from their cappuccino, and a cake lover squirm at the freshness of their cheesecake. Some of the food sits there for a while, I recommend avoiding the biscuits especially. Pies and pastries are normally fresh and cheap, cakes and slices are cheap and sometimes fresh, but often not. Customer service is always outstanding, always cheerful and quick, especially with the manager keeping an eye on things from the back.