“Nice and New” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fraser Suites Perth
Ranked #9 of 81 Hotels in Perth
“Nice and New”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed here for our wedding night. The room and bathroom were spacious and well decorated. Really luxurious :)
Room service burger was overpriced ( but I guess that's room service for you).
When we got to our room, there was a pair of used underwear hanging on the bathroom door handle. Pretty gross and unexpected. When we complained at the reception in the morning, we didn't get any free things or discounts just a half hearted sorry.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear CatF2,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us in November. I am glad that you enjoyed your room, however your arrival experience and you interaction with our front desk team was not acceptable and for this I apologize. I shall be passing this feedback on to our front office and housekeeping teams.

Mariusz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

The staff at Fraser Suites are so pleasant, it makes me feel a little guilty to complain. However, my stay was not what it should have been. On arrival, the bathtub was dirty, with a ring of scum clearly visible. The TV did not work and the air conditioning in my room failed on one of the hottest nights of the year. On two of the four nights I spent in the Fraser Suites, my room was only partially made up. Pillows were left on the floor; towels and robes were not replaced in the bathroom. The bed sheets were not changed during the entire four night stay. One morning, my car was blocked into the car park by a dozen large laundry trollies, which I had to move to get my car out of the garage. Each complaint brought apologies, and action. The TV was sorted and the air conditioning repaired (after a hot sleepless night). So, good location, nice staff and good looking building. But more issues than you might expect in such a new hotel.

Room Tip: Lots of construction so choose a room on the west side of the building.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank S S
Dear S S,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not to your expectations and I shall be providing your feedback to our housekeeping and engineering teams. It seems that procedures have failed and this is not acceptable. I am happy to hear your found our service levels were good and that we were able to rectify all issues in a timely manner. I do hope that we can welcome you back to Fraser Suites in the not too distant future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was really excited to stay at your deluxe hotel on the 7th January for my boyfriends surprise Christmas gift but you guys never took the money out of my bank ...account when I ordered online. I called up the Fraser hotel (Perth) a couple of days before Christmas and a young girl on the phone told me not to worry and that she will make sure my bank details are attached and I made it clear on the phone that I will not make it to the hotel unless the payment has already been taken out of my account, she told me the payment should come out very shortly in the next couple of days. So after about 2 weeks that I set up the hotel room, no payments came out of my account so I thought something was wrong. I decided to just leave it because the payment never came out and I thought I wasn’t able to get the room on the 7th January. It is now the 11thof January and I have checked my bank account today and it states that Fraser’s hotel has taken approx $160 out of my account on the 10th January. Not only did I not check in, I specifically said on the telephone that I want to see that money out of my account before the 7th January or I won’t be there. I have called up Fraser’s hotel and I talked to a manager on the phone today, I didn’t catch her name but she sounded like a young Asian lady, she said she was the manager. She then told me she could not give me a refund because I did not make a cancellation over the phone. However, I did tell her what I told the other lady over the phone before Christmas - that if the payment won’t come out of my account, I will not be there. I find this very unfair. I’m 20 years old and struggling with money problems so $160 is a lot of money to me and seeing as your staff member told me the wrong information over the phone, I don’t find that it is my fault. I’m not blaming anyone for this, but I think it should be fair that I receive a refund. I even asked the lady on the phone today that if she couldn’t give me a refund, I would be happy with a cheap spare room that they might have instead, she also said no. I’m not happy about this at all and I’m hoping someone can help me through this issue. Thanks.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Rhian C
Dear Rhian C,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your experience with us. I believe there has been a miscommunication about the method you have used to make your booking with us. Your booking was made through our Frasers Website and we do not take pre-payment for these reservations unlike other on-line booking channels.

I would like the chance to speak to you further in regards to your experience and I offer you my direct number of 08 9261 0011 so we can speak.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom executive suite, very nice, clean and spacious. It was bigger than other one bedroom apartments we have lived in. Reception staff very polite, parking is $30 per night but if out all day you can park in nearby parking bays for free after 6pm. We didn't eat in hotel so I can't comment on this aspect. Our room had views to the north over looking the WACA and gardens below. Bathroom and shower very well equiped and modern. Would deffinately recommend to others that are happy to stay on the edge of the city and are happy catching the free CAT bus a couple of streets away to get into the middle of the CBD.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear OSJack,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Perth.

Ilkley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed here in late November 2013 whilst in Perth. Great location close to the city centre and right by the WACA cricket ground. Great views across the Swann. we had a self catering apartment / suite. Good kitchen, very classy decor & really well equipped. Squeaky clean & spacious. Customer service was excellent at front desk. we didn't use any of the other hotel facilities. Good parking in basement car park. Booked via Booking .com & value for money was excellent. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor facing the river - stunning views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Debseleven,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay. It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and I shall pass on the positive feedback with the rest of the team. I look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Perth.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel three times in December 2013 for a total of about 10 days.
First time was a room - adequate but smallish. Clean and well maintained. Second time we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite - perfect - fantastic views comfortable bed (!!) and spacious apartment. Third time upgraded to a one bedroom suite, but it was a disabled suite - this was fine except no TV in bedroom. The only complaint we have about this hotel is the terrible water pressure in the showers and the cleaning staff were hit and miss about replacement of teabags, shower gel etc Will definitely stay again. Adeline on the check-in desk was charming and very helpful.

Room Tip: River view rooms great - but good views on all sides.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Pembyisme,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your three stays with us back in December. I am pleased that overall that you enjoyed your stays with us and found the service provided by our front desk team to be to your expectations. I shall however pass on your feedback about the water pressure and servicing of your room to our Engineering and Housekeeping team.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed for 2 nights on a wotif deal and were upgraded from a studio apartment to a 1 bedroom apartment on the corner of the top floor with panoramic views from the WACA out of the kitchen window and from the causeway around to the narrows bridge from the living and bedroom. We woke on the first morning to see dolphins fishing in the river. The kitchen, laundry, bathroom were all fantastic and we enjoyed the in-house free movies and free wifi. The bed and furnishings were luxurious and the rooms spacious. Our deal included buffet breakfast and was great value considering the wonderful room we had. Very convenient to the city just take the free buses or it's a nice walk along the river into town. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear daisyrose36,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. The views are very good and to see dolphins in the river is very special! I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites in the not too distant future.