“A price worth paying”

Fraser Suites Perth
Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Having stayed in several places in Perth, Truly this one looks just like the pictures posted and service staff are polite, breakfast was great!
usually Perth hotels are pricey and not worth the money, this was was worth it!
Ask for the higher floor, facing the river. I got a side view because it was a very busy period.
Convenient for catching the public bus into the city (within the free zone so you pay nothing).
The kitchen comes with all basic utensils etc if you upgrade from a basic room.
Showers are clean and the bed was def the best one I have slept on to date!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Mitthi H,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Fraser Suites Perth. I shall pass on your positive feedback with the rest of my team.

Mariusz

Write a ReviewReviews (1,708)

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Let me just say I did enjoy our stay at Fraser Suites. However, couple of things could be definitely improved:
First of all - and the biggest issue for me - that I was asked upon check in to provide a bond to cover incidentals etc. That's fine, expected in many hotels. However, they asked me to provide $100 a night (we stayed for 4 nights - so $400!!!) for mini bar, damage etc. Wow. wasn't expecting that, and the travel agent I booked through certainly didn't mention it either. The receptionist advised it was just being 'held' and would be released upon departure, but just expect this upon arrival.
When we checked in to our room I was a little disappointed, we had chosen Fraser suites as it had a full kitchenette. Lots of little issues - no spoons in the kitchen, one plate, the phone didn't work, and the door did not have a security chain (meaning my two year old could open the door and be in the hotel corridor). When I called to get some of these issues rectified the friendly person that answered my call advised that he could fix most of my issues, however the chain lock was no longer being fitted to rooms. This is important to note when you have kids, as I am sure the security is fine to stop people getting in, but the chain locks are handy to stop kiddies from getting out. The staff member changed our room (to a bigger suite) and the door had a chain on it, which gave us peace of mind.
The new suite overlooked the WACA and the building construction of the new apartment building next door (which my son loved). Even though there was construction we were not really impacted by it, they started early (approximately 6.30 / 7am) but were generally finished early too.
Staff were friendly and courteous. I had to call a few days after departure to ask for my $400 bond to be released which was a bit annoying, but the friendly staff member said she would look in to it straight away, which she did.
I would recommend Fraser Suites, just be ready with your credit card for the bond!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimberley_23
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Kimberley_23,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were initially dissapointed about your room and the missing items, however glad that the new room provided to you was better especially with the door chain. We are in the process of upgrading these chains and some rooms are missing them at present. Overall I thank you that you will still recommend us and I look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Perth.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed here for our wedding night. The room and bathroom were spacious and well decorated. Really luxurious :)
Room service burger was overpriced ( but I guess that's room service for you).
When we got to our room, there was a pair of used underwear hanging on the bathroom door handle. Pretty gross and unexpected. When we complained at the reception in the morning, we didn't get any free things or discounts just a half hearted sorry.

Dear CatF2,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us in November. I am glad that you enjoyed your room, however your arrival experience and you interaction with our front desk team was not acceptable and for this I apologize. I shall be passing this feedback on to our front office and housekeeping teams.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

The staff at Fraser Suites are so pleasant, it makes me feel a little guilty to complain. However, my stay was not what it should have been. On arrival, the bathtub was dirty, with a ring of scum clearly visible. The TV did not work and the air conditioning in my room failed on one of the hottest nights of the year. On two of the four nights I spent in the Fraser Suites, my room was only partially made up. Pillows were left on the floor; towels and robes were not replaced in the bathroom. The bed sheets were not changed during the entire four night stay. One morning, my car was blocked into the car park by a dozen large laundry trollies, which I had to move to get my car out of the garage. Each complaint brought apologies, and action. The TV was sorted and the air conditioning repaired (after a hot sleepless night). So, good location, nice staff and good looking building. But more issues than you might expect in such a new hotel.

Room Tip: Lots of construction so choose a room on the west side of the building.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank S S

Dear S S,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not to your expectations and I shall be providing your feedback to our housekeeping and engineering teams. It seems that procedures have failed and this is not acceptable. I am happy to hear your found our service levels were good and that we were able to rectify all issues in a timely manner. I do hope that we can welcome you back to Fraser Suites in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was really excited to stay at your deluxe hotel on the 7th January for my boyfriends surprise Christmas gift but you guys never took the money out of my bank ...account when I ordered online. I called up the Fraser hotel (Perth) a couple of days before Christmas and a young girl on the phone told me not to worry and that she will make sure my bank details are attached and I made it clear on the phone that I will not make it to the hotel unless the payment has already been taken out of my account, she told me the payment should come out very shortly in the next couple of days. So after about 2 weeks that I set up the hotel room, no payments came out of my account so I thought something was wrong. I decided to just leave it because the payment never came out and I thought I wasn’t able to get the room on the 7th January. It is now the 11thof January and I have checked my bank account today and it states that Fraser’s hotel has taken approx $160 out of my account on the 10th January. Not only did I not check in, I specifically said on the telephone that I want to see that money out of my account before the 7th January or I won’t be there. I have called up Fraser’s hotel and I talked to a manager on the phone today, I didn’t catch her name but she sounded like a young Asian lady, she said she was the manager. She then told me she could not give me a refund because I did not make a cancellation over the phone. However, I did tell her what I told the other lady over the phone before Christmas - that if the payment won’t come out of my account, I will not be there. I find this very unfair. I’m 20 years old and struggling with money problems so $160 is a lot of money to me and seeing as your staff member told me the wrong information over the phone, I don’t find that it is my fault. I’m not blaming anyone for this, but I think it should be fair that I receive a refund. I even asked the lady on the phone today that if she couldn’t give me a refund, I would be happy with a cheap spare room that they might have instead, she also said no. I’m not happy about this at all and I’m hoping someone can help me through this issue. Thanks.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Rhian C

Dear Rhian C,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your experience with us. I believe there has been a miscommunication about the method you have used to make your booking with us. Your booking was made through our Frasers Website and we do not take pre-payment for these reservations unlike other on-line booking channels.

I would like the chance to speak to you further in regards to your experience and I offer you my direct number of 08 9261 0011 so we can speak.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom executive suite, very nice, clean and spacious. It was bigger than other one bedroom apartments we have lived in. Reception staff very polite, parking is $30 per night but if out all day you can park in nearby parking bays for free after 6pm. We didn't eat in hotel so I can't comment on this aspect. Our room had views to the north over looking the WACA and gardens below. Bathroom and shower very well equiped and modern. Would deffinately recommend to others that are happy to stay on the edge of the city and are happy catching the free CAT bus a couple of streets away to get into the middle of the CBD.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear OSJack,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Perth.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed here in late November 2013 whilst in Perth. Great location close to the city centre and right by the WACA cricket ground. Great views across the Swann. we had a self catering apartment / suite. Good kitchen, very classy decor & really well equipped. Squeaky clean & spacious. Customer service was excellent at front desk. we didn't use any of the other hotel facilities. Good parking in basement car park. Booked via Booking .com & value for money was excellent. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor facing the river - stunning views.

Dear Debseleven,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay. It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and I shall pass on the positive feedback with the rest of the team. I look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Perth.