“superb staff”

Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Adelaide
“superb staff”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Being a relative new hotel it is spick n speck. We liked the position with lots of parks around it. Easy access to CBD - about 10 mins walk but with a steady flow of buses right in front. We found the staff went beyond the call of duty. It is definitely a hotel we would stay again.

Room Tip: riverside and ask for the higher levels as a building across the road would obstruct some of the vie...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Gunther P,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. It please me to hear that you enjoyed your experience and the service provided by our team. Hopefully it will not be too long before you return back to Perth and I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites again!

Mariusz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Hua Hin, Thailand
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Only stayed one night but everything was fine, the rooms are small but well furnished and well equiped. It is on the free bus route into town so easy to get around this lovely city. Plenty of brochures in reception with things to do and see in Perth, do go to Perth Mint.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Magalan100,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed your stay and experience and I shall pass on your positive feedback to our team.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed in Aug 2013. Was pleasantly surprised when first checked in. Nice suite with everything essential - hot plates, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher. All well maintained. Comment from wife - should have stayed more days here. Location was superb - bus stop just across the road and it brings you right into town centre. Don't really need much service as the suite was quite self contained. The balcony was lovely and all the more so with the cold weather :). A bit pricey but then the suite was very nice. When searching for Fraser's Suites on Google Map can only see empty plot of land (?) so was a bit worried. Nevertheless I would like to share some photos with readers. (Lastly, it's just s short walk to Bayswater Car Rental - where I rented my vehicle - superb!)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear fevas,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and I look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Perth.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Close enough to walk to centre but also lots of buses going past which are free. Nice decor in hotel and room, only issue was lack of sleep - the air con blows straight in your face so ended up having to switch the bed around and put the pillows feet end! Also we had noisy neighbours playing loud music, constantly slamming the door and smoking which was filtering into our room (in a non smoking hotel!). The night porter asked them to turn off the music but the door slamming continued. Upon check out the following day I suggested soft closers on the doors and they told me it was because they had the window open! So even more reason for soft closers then and perhaps a smoke alarm to stop the offenders.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marie L
Dear Marie L,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your room, however I am sorry to hear that you did not get very much sleep due to the doors. I shall pass on this feedback to our Engineering team to see if there is anything we can do to soften the closing mechanism. I shall also follow up with our front office team as the response you received what not an acceptable response from us and for that I apologize.

I hope that I can welcome you back to Fraser Suites Perth upon your next visit to Perth.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Having stayed in several places in Perth, Truly this one looks just like the pictures posted and service staff are polite, breakfast was great!
usually Perth hotels are pricey and not worth the money, this was was worth it!
Ask for the higher floor, facing the river. I got a side view because it was a very busy period.
Convenient for catching the public bus into the city (within the free zone so you pay nothing).
The kitchen comes with all basic utensils etc if you upgrade from a basic room.
Showers are clean and the bed was def the best one I have slept on to date!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mitthi H,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Fraser Suites Perth. I shall pass on your positive feedback with the rest of my team.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Let me just say I did enjoy our stay at Fraser Suites. However, couple of things could be definitely improved:
First of all - and the biggest issue for me - that I was asked upon check in to provide a bond to cover incidentals etc. That's fine, expected in many hotels. However, they asked me to provide $100 a night (we stayed for 4 nights - so $400!!!) for mini bar, damage etc. Wow. wasn't expecting that, and the travel agent I booked through certainly didn't mention it either. The receptionist advised it was just being 'held' and would be released upon departure, but just expect this upon arrival.
When we checked in to our room I was a little disappointed, we had chosen Fraser suites as it had a full kitchenette. Lots of little issues - no spoons in the kitchen, one plate, the phone didn't work, and the door did not have a security chain (meaning my two year old could open the door and be in the hotel corridor). When I called to get some of these issues rectified the friendly person that answered my call advised that he could fix most of my issues, however the chain lock was no longer being fitted to rooms. This is important to note when you have kids, as I am sure the security is fine to stop people getting in, but the chain locks are handy to stop kiddies from getting out. The staff member changed our room (to a bigger suite) and the door had a chain on it, which gave us peace of mind.
The new suite overlooked the WACA and the building construction of the new apartment building next door (which my son loved). Even though there was construction we were not really impacted by it, they started early (approximately 6.30 / 7am) but were generally finished early too.
Staff were friendly and courteous. I had to call a few days after departure to ask for my $400 bond to be released which was a bit annoying, but the friendly staff member said she would look in to it straight away, which she did.
I would recommend Fraser Suites, just be ready with your credit card for the bond!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kimberley_23
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Kimberley_23,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were initially dissapointed about your room and the missing items, however glad that the new room provided to you was better especially with the door chain. We are in the process of upgrading these chains and some rooms are missing them at present. Overall I thank you that you will still recommend us and I look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Perth.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed here for our wedding night. The room and bathroom were spacious and well decorated. Really luxurious :)
Room service burger was overpriced ( but I guess that's room service for you).
When we got to our room, there was a pair of used underwear hanging on the bathroom door handle. Pretty gross and unexpected. When we complained at the reception in the morning, we didn't get any free things or discounts just a half hearted sorry.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear CatF2,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us in November. I am glad that you enjoyed your room, however your arrival experience and you interaction with our front desk team was not acceptable and for this I apologize. I shall be passing this feedback on to our front office and housekeeping teams.