“Nice hotel but service.....”

Fraser Suites Perth
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Port Hedland, Australia
“Nice hotel but service.....”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We booked a stay for a long weekend and because there was a special on took a one bedroom deluxe apartment. First warning...whilst you do have a separate lounge area, the apartment feels very narrow, and when the bedroom door is closed it feels quite claustrophobic.

On arrival at 8:30pm, we drove straight round to the car park and had to spend 5 minutes convincing the person on the end of the phone that we were staying at the hotel, and we're willing to pay for the parking ( even though it was free with our booking).

We have stayed at the hotel lots of times, and at most hotels when you are a returning customer they welcome you back. Here, It seemed like the person checking me in was reading off a piece of paper with no emotion, and explained where the car park was (???...I was already in it), where the restaurant was and various other items, whilst I just wanted to get to my room. Also at the check in, we were told we had been re-allocated to a different room (which didn't bother me), but I did ask whether the crib and high chair we had arranged at time of booking was in the new room. "Don't worry, it should be there but I'll call housekeeping now to make sure". We arrived in our room to find neither items there, and us with a 10 month old that had been sleeping, but was now getting restless. After waiting for 20 mins, we phoned down to reception who promised to look into it. At this stage our child had moved to being awake, so when the crib arrived 5mins later, he was not happy. Lots of screaming later, we finally managed to get a bit of sleep.

The next morning, we had to phone down again for the Highchair which still hadn't arrived, but came pretty quickly after the call.

This is the reason I prebook all of these items, so that I don't have to keep phoning reception for items.

The rest of the hotel was good as always, but the first nights service left a bitter taste. We travel to Perth quite often and stay at the Fraser Suites most times, but I think after this experience it might be time to try another hotel. The service is just not what is expected at a 5 star establishment.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bruman77
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Bruman77,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the service provided to you on your arrival and the first night was not to our standards and for that I apologise. I shall be working with our operations team to ensure that we are delivering the standards expected from our guests in terms of service delivery and efficiency.

Mariusz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

My wife, son and I stayed at the Fraser Suites for a week and were impressed by the overall service. The rooms were great as it is only a year or so old, the service was good and the location was close to cafés and parks but not quite in the centre of town which we liked. We were initially in a room but after having issues with our dishwasher we were generously upgraded to a one bedroom suite that included a washer, drier and a a separate bedroom to put the baby to sleep. The breakfasts were also good.
Some people complain in previous reviews about the noise next door with the construction of apartment blocks. The building is quite sound proof but you do hear some noises from 7am onwards. If you are a light sleeper just ask to be on the other side of the hotel near Adelaide Terrace. I am a light sleeper but the construction didn't really bother me as I was awake by 7am.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear LeylandBrothers,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that we were able to accommodate you suitably after the issue with your dishwasher in your first room. I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites the next time you are back in Perth.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great new hotel, good location and has the potential to be amazing.

The rooms were on the whole great, but the experience was let down by inconsistant service.

Given an occupied room on arrival. Upgrade and wine a good apology, however a sincere apology from the receptionist would have been enough...didn't get one.

The barman showed good service as did some of front office. Unfortunately majority was impersonal, careless or untrained.

• Stayed April 2014
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear pandmarty,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience was met with some inconsistencies with the service provided and for that I apologise. I will be working with our operations team to ensure that we do focus on ensuring that service standards are always up to our expected standards.

I hope that we can welcome you back to Fraser Suites the next time you are in Perth.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

So if there was a 4.5 I would have given this hotel that. Check in was okay, and the rooms nice and spacious, good views too. The bedding in this place was amazing, the mattress and pillows were too comfortable.
The breakfast was simple but had all you needed. The dining room for dinner was a tad expensive and not a wow moment of the trip.
Overall a pretty good hotel at a reasonable price.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear aussieeuro27,

Thank you for the time taken to provide us feedback about your stay. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay. We are in the process of introducing our new breakfast and dinner menus that I think you will enjoy upon your next visit with us.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed one night after a long flight, checking in late evening.
Excellent, large rooms, everything new and working well. Staff pleasant and helpful. Parking a bit tricky to find and expensive. Didn't eat there so cannot comment on the meals. A good choice for Perth which has been poorly serviced for good, well priced hotels.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear SandyCaroline,

Thank you for your recent review about your stay with us. It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I shall be passing on your feedback with the rest of the team.

Auckland NZ
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Fraser Suites after having been impressed with one of their properties in Edinburgh a year or so ago. This place is very good, comfortable rooms and beds, very tidy. While it's an apartment property it works well as a place to stay for a week or more. In summary good beds, clean rooms, spacious room and bathroom and I'd stay here again if the price was right.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MollyFW
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear MollyFW,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I shall be passing your positive feedback on to the rest of the team.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

After many years of staying in poor quality but expensive accommodation in Perth, this establishment was a pleasure to stay at.
Everything was clean and fresh and the room pleasantly appointed. The kitchen may it easier to have a quick breakfast.
The staff at all levels were friendly and helpful.
Suites also offered a great view of the Swan River.

Room Tip: Parking was a bit expensive at $30 per day, we chose not to avail ourselves of this and used to park...