“Great location, Great staff”

Fraser Suites Perth
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
“Great location, Great staff”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our family stayed here for the first week in July, this is a first class hotel, modern decor, spotlessly clean, super comfy beds. The staff are extremely helpful. This was a drama free, enjoyable stay. The breakfast that was included was fantastic, we were not disappointed, we were however rather disappointed with menu and service for dinner. The menu was very limited, not entirely child friendly and the service was slow at best. We had to wait 15 minutes after ordering beverages for them to be delivered to our table and the food....well, needless to say it was lovely when we finally got it. Having said that do not let this put you off staying in this hotel it is merely a very small part of the Fraser experience. Maybe management could take a look at the menu and evening staffing. Especially for families that are travelling with children. We would not hesitate to stay again nor recommend this establishment.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Bridgey08

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Having to take a short trip to Perth I decided to stay at the Fraser Suites. These serviced apartments self proclaimed as 'luxury' I was bitterly disappointed. Upon arrival there was no assistance getting my bags to the room, yet 4 staff members were standing around having a chat. When entering my room, the rooms are neat and clean although a little empty for my standards, the rooms look like they are 1/2 decorated. The beds are quite comfortable but the pillows are below standards. Breakfast was satisfactory although there were no labels on any of the food items which made it a little difficult to figure out what the juices were and what the different types of muesli were. I - mistakingly - decided later that day to order room service, the burger I ordered was below average and the cheesecake, please let me recommend anyone who is looking at ordering it not to. It was not a cheesecake but merely a plate of mush with some sort of cake crumbs at the bottom I suppose were there to serve as a base but did not do the job nor did they taste desirable at all. On the contrary the hot chocolate was a delight and a happy change to the rest of the food I had ordered. The staff who delivered the food were of average presentation and politeness, I tipped both staff members (as I always tip minimum 10% of any services) and neither of them even smiled in appreciation let alone said thank you. Personally I would not recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Large corner room will minimise noise and increase living space, although be prepared for it to look...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank lucy-ang
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We recently spent a weekend at Fraser Suites,mid June 2014 to be exact ,we had a lovely suite,overlooking the WACA cricket ground ,pity about the big crane just outside our window,but the noise from the construction site was not a problem.Friday night was great,nice and quiet,little did we know that was all about to change as fron about 4 pm Saturday afternoon, a big group of Party Animals moved into a suite two down from us,the noise was horrendous,at last about 10 pm I went downstairs to talk to the front desk,the night manager told me he had been up to the noisy suite three times already, he said he would go up again and warn them,he did,they took no notice whatsoever,so he offered after I went down again to move us,which we did up 4 floors,in that room about 30 minutes and heard yelling outside our door,a returning group of young ladies,a Hens party on our floor,but give them credit,after one request from my wife to keep the noise down,they did.I must say to the management,I am somewhat surprised they rent the suites out to large groups of young people,it seems really this is a recipe for disaster for other guests who are unlucky enough to be near them,but the quality of the suites was great,the breakfast very,very good also

Room Tip: Get a very high floor pay extra to get a suite up there,watch the construction site at back of the s...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R0ck07
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel is situated at a reasonable walk from downtown Perth and the "CAT" buses (free) pass in front of the hotel which makes getting about town easy. Rooms are nice and well set up, to include suites with kitchenettes. All seemed nice and the staff are truly pleasant and helpful
It is a nice place at a reasonable (for Perth) rate and the restarant delivers good food with excellent service.

Room Tip: All rooms were fine and quiet, even with construction going on next door.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Acton K
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was an absolute great hotel! Firstly, they allowed us to check in way early - 10AM! On top of that, they upgraded our studio to a 1 bedroom with river views! The views from this hotel are stunning!
The room was modern, clean, and very comfortable. The only negative would be the beds - as part of our King bed (in room 1407) seemed to have lost its springs - it was too soft. The bathroom, living rooms etc were all perfect.
The hotel is very convenient for buses - either to go to the CBD or down to Fremantle. Both are just outside!
It is a nice area of Perth as it is close to everything, yet very quiet!

Room Tip: We had room 1407 - which was a perfect size for relaxing after a long day, not cramped and had amazi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank asitabkhan
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful. The rooms and design are lovely. The L'Occitane products are a nice little surprise. However, for a 5 star hotel which is expensive as it is, I've found several "fashion over function" problems. In the bathroom there is hardly enough room for a make up bag, let alone my toiletries bag, hair straightener and blow dryer. There is no bench space in the bathroom to put anything. There are 2 big cupboards but they are not deep at all, so again nothing fits. Also, the lighting in the bathroom is not ideal for doing make up which is a real pet hate of mine. I ended up putting my make up and toiletries on the kitchen bench and doing my make up under the lights of the range hood (there's a mirror lining the back wall of the kitchen).
For the state known as "Windy Always", you would think the seals on the doors to the balcony would be quite durable, however on the second night of my stay the wind was whistling so loudly I had trouble staying asleep. I put my hand up to the top seal of the door where the whistling was coming from and there was cold air gushing in - and really nothing I could do about it.
I definitely feel like the hotel has tried to save costs but employing some young (annoying) staff members. Some were lovely (the gentleman were very attentive) however others were definitely not trained in 5 star hospitality. There were 3 of us staying at the hotel and after asking about 5 times if there was another room booked for the 3rd person (because they were only checking us into 2 studio suites - which didn't seem to click with the blonde European back-packer type receptionist) she still said she only had 2 rooms booked. The third room was in fact booked but she apparently just didn't check for the name that we repeatedly gave her to look if there was a separate booking under another name. Also, the company I was travelling with had booked 4 nights but we were checking out after 3. The receptionists' heads almost exploded because they couldn't comprehend why we booked 4 nights (the trip had simply been cut short a day). So the Asian receptionist started stressing out and telling us we'd have to speak to Agoda to cancel the 4th night because they couldn't do it there and bla bla bla...This was after the almost-6-hour flight from brisbane and at 11:30 at night when we all just wanted to go to bed and we couldn't care less about the 4th night, it was all paid for by the company it doesn't matter etc. But we still managed to get a lecture from the Asian receptionist regardless.
I will say that the morning buffet is probably one of the best I've ever seen (second to the Westin hotel buffet in Sydney). I'm not a fussy eater but this buffet seems to cater to all diets and preferences, they've even taken on some great "clean eating" type recipes (e.g. mini chia puddings) to keep up with the current health fad sweeping the country. Although again, some of the staff let it down and are simply not trained in 5 star hospitality which you would expect from such a "classy" hotel. All staff looked 25 or under. Im 25 myself so I'm certainly not saying age is the factor letting them down, they clearly just lack the training or maturity/sensibility to be dealing with the clientele the hotel are obviously trying to attract. This is another pet hate of mine - staff make everything a million times better if they are trained correctly, and so many hotels skimp on this which really lets it down. I travel a lot for work so to have attentive staff willing to assist you as much as possible in the politest possible manner (because I'm usually exhausted and stressed by my workload!) is just so refreshing - I did not get this from Fraser Suites.

Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Chelsea R
stamphappy
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed at the Fraser Suites Perth for a week and found it to be quite satisfactory, but not luxurious.

The hotel is fairly new and still sparkles. The beds are comfortable, the equipment in the rooms is top-notch and there's free Wi-Fi. Dinner in the restaurant is excellent.

There are a few things missing for what claims to be a five star hotel, however. Some of the services are quite limited or unavailable out of hours... Arriving at 10.30pm there was no concierge or porter available, so I had to lug my luggage to the room myself. The room service menu is also quite restricted after this time - only a couple of main courses are available. Newspapers are left in the lift lobby, not delivered to rooms, unlike the sister property in Sydney. The breakfast buffet is a little limited - only one type of cooked eggs, etc.

That being said the hotel is quite comfortable, especially for business travel. If you are looking for indulgent luxury on your holiday, though, Fraser Suites Perth may fall a little short.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business