“Perfect.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Singapore, Singapore
“Perfect.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed in Fraser Suites Perth for 3 nights in July.

Before my holiday I was deliberating between Fraser Suites and The Sebel but decided to choose the former and boy was I not disappointed!

Checked in on the 24 July after driving in from Margaret River and check in was fast though the front desk was rather cold and aloof but that's no issue for me really.

Lobby was clean and classy, and the room itself was near perfect for me. In fact I would go as far to say that it's probably the best hotel I've stayed overseas besides the Mandarin Oriental in Jakarta.

The suite I stayed was basically a one bedroom apartment, complete with facilities like gas cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer and the works. Was glad to utilize the washing machine to reduce my chores at home when I touched down!

Suite was clean, beds were very comfortable, pillows were plush and soft, and everything about the room was clean, bright and shiny. Amenities provided were from L'occitane, adding a touch of class and quality.

Some might complain about the location but for me it wasn't an issue once you figured out the buses and Free Transit Zone. You can either take a ten minute stroll to the Red/Yellow Cat bus station to the city, or simply cross the road to take any of the buses that go to Perth City, around 5-7 minutes ride and walk to the city centre from there. Pretty simple stuff once you take the effort to try to check the surroundings.

The only minor hiccup for me was that the housekeeping forgot to replenish my water the first night, and when I checked out of the room I had some trouble getting a taxi so it would have been nice if someone had asked if I needed help in getting some transport. The shower stall design was also rather odd for me as the water didn't seem to flow down to the gully and due to the design, the partition allows water to spill out from the stall at times, thus needing a permanent towel on the floor always to prevent anyone from slipping. The front desk could be more chirpy and friendly instead of being rather cold and aloof.

However, all these is simply nitpicking. Stay here and you won't have any regrets.

Would I stay here again the next time I visit Perth? Hell Yes!

Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VincSiow
Allison E, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear VincSlow

Wow! Thank you for the heart felt review of our wonderful property. We appreciate the detailed feedback and transport tips for your fellow TripAdvisor travellers.

We trust it won't be to too long before we can welcome you and your friends back to Fraser Suites Perth.

Warm regards

Allison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed in Fraser Suites for two night to celebrate our 6 years anniversary. We choose it due to the location as we wanted to stay in Perth CBD, on the weekend you can park on the side of the hotel for free and take the bus to the city from the stand right across the hotel lobby.

Upon arrival first thing that we notice was this very pleasant relaxing scent in the Lobby area.
We were greeted a warm welcome by the receptionist, check in was express and it only took minutes.

During booking I mentioned about the occasion and requested for a higher floor. To our surprise the front dest receptionist informed that we were upgraded to a one bedroom apartment.

First impression of the room was how modern and clean it is, being a brand new five star hotel it certainly lives up to it standard.The bed linen was fresh and spotless, and the misses loved the L'Occitane branded amenities.

We also notice complimentary box of chocolate and sparkling wine which was very thoughtful and attentive.

All the staff were very prompt and helpful. All the facilities in the hotel seems to be well looked after, pool/spa, gym and sauna were clean even though the size of the pool is a little conservative for a five star standard.

Checking out was painless and efficient, I must say it was one of the most pleasant and memorable experience staying in Fraser Suites, compared to all five star hotel I have stayed in Perth.

Thank you! We will definitely be back and highly recommend Fraser Suites to all my family and friends.

Room Tip: Stayed at Level 11 which is generally pretty quiet on the weekend. Although there are little more no...
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Asikind
Dear Asikind

Congratulations on your 6th Wedding anniversary and we are thrilled you chose Fraser Suites Perth to celebrate this special occasion and so pleased that the team recognised this happy event.

We are pleased that you departed with wonderful memories and hope we can welcome you back for many more anniversary celebrations in the future.

Warmest regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Easy checkin/checkout and was fast. Staff were very attentive.
Stayed for a night here at Frasers for the first time. Usually stay at the other end of town but wanted to see these suites. Very spacious in the 2 room superior suite and modern kitchen with a bath in the large bathroom/ensuite. Walk in robes with plenty of storage space. Certainly caters for the business person on the move.
Close to river and WACA. Nice surrounds of parks and easy get in get out car parking.

Room Tip: Superior 2bedroom suite.
1 Thank Simon M
Allison E, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Simon M

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and chose to try our property and location which offers a tranquil setting with many beautiful reviews of the Swan River and skyline of Perth.

We were pleased to hear your positive comments on most aspects of the property and we hope to see you return again soon.

Kind regards

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Another great find thanks to TA !. We were very impressed by the Fraser Suites Perth. The first impression arriving in the lobby is that the hotel is very modern compared to other Perth hotels; one of the most recent arrivals in the city. The location is OK; to reach the CBD, you can walk (about 20 minutes) or drive (paid parking adjacent in off street car park or street and/or paid hotel parking below) or bus (apparently free). There are a few good restaurants nearby (walking distance) and you can walk to nearby Queens Gardens and the WACA. Service was consistently good and staff very friendly from check in until departure. The studio room we chose was a little small but comfortable. Meals (including breakfast) were extra on our rate so we didn't make use of the restaurant but it had a nice ambience and the menu looked decent. No hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and perhaps on the Street side for a river or city view (as rear view has con...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
4 Thank WorldTraveller5000
Dear World Traveller 5000

Thank you for your kind review and recommendation of Fraser Suites Perth. We are thrilled your enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future

Kind regards

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

From arrival to departure the service and care was excellent. We received a welcome email prior to arrival, check in was seamless, the room was lovely with views to the north. Assistance from concierge was great and check out was speedy and efficient. Would stay again. Just need to clean the windows....not there fault as construction going on behind...oh and you couldn't hear it ...no disturbance. Great place :)

Room Tip: Rooms to south or west would have river views
      Rooms
2 Thank Kathleen v
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Could not find any thing to criticize! Great Location. Relatively good prices. Very Nice rooms. Extremely clean and neat beds, bathrooms and carpet. The hotel restaurant has great food and a AAA lovely Apple Charlotte! I have stayed in many hotels in Perth but this one is always my first choice if rooms are available.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank FrequentTraveller666
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Perth Tripadvisor

I am impressed by Fraser Suites Perth, and would recommend you to stay there if you are visiting Perth.
The property is still new, less than two years’ in operation when my family and I stayed there from 27 Jun-1 July. The amenities are excellent, and if you wish to stay for a longish period, the room is well equipped with a kitchenette for you to do some light cooking.
I marveled at the workmanship and finishing of my room. It’s a great testimony to the quality of construction people in Australia—first class. I couldn’t find a fault with the room though I am picky.
We had breakfast at their only restaurant and I have to say its buffet is refined. Unlike most good hotel restaurants that serve a plethora of ho-hum food, this one serves a small selection of Western breakfast items with high quality ingredients. For example, you make your own coffee using the coffee machine and coffee capsules provided. My two grandsons who are finicky look forward to the breakfast each day.

Fraser Suite is conveniently located. There is a bus stop right across from the property, and you can take a free bus (comes every few minutes) to CBD where the offices, shopping, and dining places are concentrated; the trip is about 5 minutes. Ask the concierge and they will give you the easy direction. For me, what’s equally attractive is that across from the Fraser Suite is a riverside walk where you can walk or jog along the Swan River. I was attracted, along the walk, to a simple statue in honor of immigrants—yes, in case we forget, Australia is largely a nation of immigrants.

Most of all I love the staff. They are entirely cosmopolitan. My check-in was a little delayed as they had a full house the night before. While I was waiting, the General Manager, Allison Englebretsen, originally a New Zealander, came to make sure I was well taken care of. The front office agent, a Polish, checked us in efficiently and with courtesy. The Assistant Front Office Manager, a Canadian called Nicholas, took excellent care of us while we were there. Another front office agent, Sunnie, who’s an Indonesian, answered all my questions during the stay with charming smiles. The Regional Manager, Cyril—an Indonesian--took time out from his very busy schedule to chat and to discuss Indonesian politics with me. It’s wonderful to meet folks from different countries who are united in their service to clients…(I must say my family was assisted with my luggage by a courteous bell staff, contrary to what another review says.)

I felt safe where the property is located; actually I generally felt very safe in Perth. It’s a beautiful city, albeit a little slow compared to Singapore where I come from. Prices in restaurants are comparable to those Singapore and Hong Kong; any menu items produced with Australian ingredients are a good choice because of the freshness. Yes to fresh oysters, fish & chips, tenderloins, pizzas, salads, all yummy.
Transportation is easy. There’s a subway system (they call it “Underground”) with a station in the CBT, which is 5 minutes by bus from Fraser Suite. I notice it goes as far away as Freemantle, so if you don’t want to rent a car, that’s an option to consider. If you rent a car, at about $50 or less a day for a SUV—the property provides parking at $30 a day which is reasonable. Taxi fare to the airport is only A$30; I gave a $5 tip and the driver appeared very pleased. I was told by a friend that tipping is not expected.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms face the Swan River. Lovely. Perhaps you should check as I'm not certain...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family