“Super nice modern suite”

Fraser Suites Perth
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My hotel room here had to be one of the nicest I have ever stayed in - it was enormous and had everything I could have wanted and more. Even had a washer/dryer which was awesome otherwise I would have run out of clean clothes - had to work outside in the rain every day here. Nice views of the waterfront and city. I really can't say enough good things about the room!

Very reasonably priced which might have had to do with staying in the middle of winter, but still a very good deal.

A little far from city center, but I walked it no problem - about 20-30min.

The staff really tried to be helpful, but i got the feeling English was not a first language for some of them. Those that did speak it well with were very nice and helpful.

The restaurant is OK but not great with limited offerings. Problem is there aren't many other options nearby. It looked like the Hyatt down the road had some nice ones but they were closed when I tried to visit them.

One thing to note - this hotel has a very strange smell - not disgusting, but weird. It's less noticeable in the room, but really prominent in the lobby & hallways. I just don't know what it was but I wasn't a fan of it.

Bottom line - Excellent, comfortable room for the price and I think you could do much worse than this place so I recommend it and would stay here again.

Room Tip: I made no special requests and got an excellent room so I assume they are all good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Allison E, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear tjl2525
Thank you for the wonderful review of our property. We are pleased your enjoyed your stay and the facilities we offer especially the laundry in your one bedroom suite . We are pleased to advise that our menus in our restaurant, lobby bar and room service have recently been enhanced with increased offerings and more variety.

We trust we can welcome you back in the not too distant future and for your next stay you may like to use the free bus service (just opposite the property) into the city centre which depart every 10 minutes.

There are newer reviews for Fraser Suites Perth

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our stay at Fraser suites started off good, until we walked up to the counter and it was all downhill from there! Don't get me wrong, the foyer is beautiful and the hotel looks lovely and clean. Myself and 3 other arrived as part of a wedding party and were staying the night as well as the next day to get ready in the rooms. The bride had booked out the 2 bedroom suite (not cheap) so we thought that the service we would get would be good, but it was the worst service I have ever had and I have stayed in dive hotels all around America while backpacking. To give you some context, I'm not a fussy person and am happy at staying in 3 star hotels in Bali and cheap motels when I just need a cheap overnight stay so I'm not overly particular. We arrived with the bride and on check in we got the room keys and she noted that her mothers room was not located on the same floor as the bridal party even though she had requested this at the time of booking, she mentioned it to the lady behind the counter who rolled her eyes and told the bride that there was nothing she could do about it. After much debate the staff member evenutally changed the rooms so that her mum could be down the hall way from the bridal party. When we got to the room it was beautiful, all the furniture was great and there was an amazing view. Defiantly could not fault the rooms! we had a lovely nights sleep and then in the morning called room service to get a door stopper. An hour later - no door stopper. Called reception again to be told one would be sent up. Another half hour, no door stopper. Called again and half an hour later we hear the door open and close - thinknig someone is in the room I walk out and no one is there, but the doorstopper has magically appeared and been thrown in the room. We then called and requested 4 champagne glasses as there weren't any supplied in the room, room service brought up port glasses (I was starting to find all this pretty funny at this stage because if you didn't laugh you would cry), I explained that what we were aactually after was champagne glasses so off they went. Another hour went by and nothing so we called again asking if they had the glasses yet - a knock at the door and theres another man with port glasses. After explaining to the poor guy that they were champagne glasses and chapagne glasses are the tall skinny ones off he went, we then got a phone call shortly after saying that the hotel didn't have any champagne glasses. As a photographer was ocming up to the room to take photos the bride requested that room service come up and make the beds as rooms service hadn't attended yet and it was 11am, I told the bride not to worry about it (due to the issues we had already had) and I made them all up myself with the sheets all hospital tucked in nicely, then house keeping arrives so I let them in and let them do their thing. When they leave I go into the bedrooms and see they have pulled all the bedspread out and layed it over the bed like when a child makes there bed, and also moved the brides wedding dress.

Lucky that the bride has a sense of humour as it just seemed to be one thing after another, and although all very minor problems when you have booked one of the nicest rooms in the hotel you usually expect the staff to have a bit more of a clue.
I would never stay there again, but at least I have a funny story to tell people :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank ashlee b

Dear Ashlee b
Many thanks for writing your review . We trust you and the bride had a wonderful day celebrating such a special event and enjoyed the ambiance and view of the suite whilst preparing.
It is disheartening to hear of the service issues that you had faced while you were staying with us. If and when a convenient time for yourself, please do feel free to contact myself directly or our Operations Manager Mr Tony Keane on 08 9261 0011 so we can review with our team as it seems a period of 5 months has lapsed since your stay so we can ensure the appropriate training with the teams concerned is reviewed.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My boyfriend and I booked two nights in Perth as a relaxing break away and wanted somewhere near the city with good facilities and a little bit of luxury thrown in too. For all those aspects I couldn't fault the hotel. It was perfect. But sadly the experience was destroyed on check out when the hotel successfully managed to clear my bank account unlawfully. I am disgusted to have spent a week battling with the hotel over the bond and 2 night stay charge which was taken from my account on arrival, on top of the 2 night stay charge taken from my account as we checked out. I was told the initial payment would be released to my account by the end of the day when I checked out, and a week later I am at the bank attempting to get my money returned to me which the hotel still hold despite assuring me 4 times over that it would be released straight into my account and faxes have been sent to my bank. (Which having spoken to my bank manager, I have since discovered does not occur) I have heard nothing but lies from the hotel staff regarding this concerning issue and as a result will never be staying here again and will encourage anyone who considers this hotel as an option to steer clear. Congratulations on completely ruining what would have otherwise been, a perfect stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank ScotsLass1984

Dear Scotslass Thank you for your review and I heartened to hear that you enjoyed the property and had a perfect stay however very disappointed that the banking issue marred this. I have been informed that several attempts by our Front office Team to resolve this with your bank and Bank Manager have now been successful. Please do not hesitate to contact myself or our Operations Manager Tony Keane on 08 9261 0011 if you wish to discuss further. We do trust we can welcome you back in the future and assure you of our attention to these matters at all times.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

They mixed up my reservation and upgraded me immediately to a very large 2 room suite: bright, clean and stylish.

The hotel is new, and also has a nice gym and pool. Staff is friendly. It is a good business hotel, however not very central - about 2 km into the CBD.

At night, there is not much around, so not easy to find a restaurant apart from the nice hotel restaurant.

Definetely a good alternative to the relatively dated top hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank G Z

Dear G Z

Thank you from all the team for your review of your recent stay at Fraser Suites Perth . I am pleased to hear that they were able to rectify the issue of your reservation and that you enjoyed the upgraded suite.

We do hope we can welcome you back in the not too distance future and hope you will enjoy the delights of our new menus designed by Pete Evans in our Heirloom Restaurant, Room Service or Lobby Bar which have several options.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Have stayed in a few Fraser properties around the world and overall the stays had been pretty awesome. That was also one of the reasons we chose to stay in Fraser Suites Perth for 2 nights in July this time round. Checked in at night after driving in from Margaret River. Check in was pretty smooth. I liked the relaxing scent upon reaching the lobby area. Parking of A$30 per night was reasonable. Simply loved the L'occitane branded amenities. Though quiet, still felt that it is still a safe vicinity at night. Guess it's due to the police station beside the hotel. Stayed in a studio deluxe room complete with facilities including a small kitchenette. Buses available right in front of the hotel or a few streets behind the location that brings you right to the Perth City area. Alternatively, you can choose to take a nice stroll down which is about 15-20 min walk. Perhaps it's due to the room structure that we stayed in (there was a connecting room beside us), we can hear noises outside the room, which includes alarm clock ringing non stop in the mornings, loud closing of the room door, etc. Checking out was a bit slow though as they made a mistake in terms of the number of nights i parked in the hotel property but that's not an issue. The other staff in the front lobby were pretty nice making sure we are attended to. Overall the stay has been quite comfortable I would say, not forgetting to mention that the view from our room is nice, facing the swan river. :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Allison E, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Susiesuky15

Thank you for sharing your comprehensive review via TripAdvisor and we are glad your enjoyed your Fraser Suites experience in our special location along with the stunning views of the Swan River.

We appreciate your feedback during your checkout so we can ensure future training is applied to ensure accuracy for the future.

Thank you once again for your positive comments and we hope it will not be too long before we can welcome you back

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Nice Rooms, very new and modern, nothing to complain about with the quality of the room - One thing i will say though and that is that the Restaurant is shocking. Im not sure if this should be put in as it isn't about the actual rooms, however its Over priced and under quality, the joint is inspired/recommended/affiliated with Pete Evans (or something long those lines) which is why i guess its $42 for 6 little pieces of Sirloin (over cooked)..Plus the salad had things on it i requested not to have due to an allergy, and then I was left with no cutlery., this is after a 45minute wait. ask to pay upfront and pay the bond with cash, otherwise you will be waiting a long time to get your "authorization payment/bond" back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Allison E, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear thebigshow90

Thank you for your welcome review of our apartments and pleased you enjoyed all the wonderful features that our apartments provide.

We have recently launched our Heirloom restaurant with additional different offerings and do trust you will enjoy the new fare and apologise that your initial experience fell short of expectations.

We do hope that we can welcome you back to the Fraser Suites Perth experience again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed in Fraser Suites Perth for 3 nights in July.

Before my holiday I was deliberating between Fraser Suites and The Sebel but decided to choose the former and boy was I not disappointed!

Checked in on the 24 July after driving in from Margaret River and check in was fast though the front desk was rather cold and aloof but that's no issue for me really.

Lobby was clean and classy, and the room itself was near perfect for me. In fact I would go as far to say that it's probably the best hotel I've stayed overseas besides the Mandarin Oriental in Jakarta.

The suite I stayed was basically a one bedroom apartment, complete with facilities like gas cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer and the works. Was glad to utilize the washing machine to reduce my chores at home when I touched down!

Suite was clean, beds were very comfortable, pillows were plush and soft, and everything about the room was clean, bright and shiny. Amenities provided were from L'occitane, adding a touch of class and quality.

Some might complain about the location but for me it wasn't an issue once you figured out the buses and Free Transit Zone. You can either take a ten minute stroll to the Red/Yellow Cat bus station to the city, or simply cross the road to take any of the buses that go to Perth City, around 5-7 minutes ride and walk to the city centre from there. Pretty simple stuff once you take the effort to try to check the surroundings.

The only minor hiccup for me was that the housekeeping forgot to replenish my water the first night, and when I checked out of the room I had some trouble getting a taxi so it would have been nice if someone had asked if I needed help in getting some transport. The shower stall design was also rather odd for me as the water didn't seem to flow down to the gully and due to the design, the partition allows water to spill out from the stall at times, thus needing a permanent towel on the floor always to prevent anyone from slipping. The front desk could be more chirpy and friendly instead of being rather cold and aloof.

However, all these is simply nitpicking. Stay here and you won't have any regrets.

Would I stay here again the next time I visit Perth? Hell Yes!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VincSiow

Dear VincSlow

Wow! Thank you for the heart felt review of our wonderful property. We appreciate the detailed feedback and transport tips for your fellow TripAdvisor travellers.

We trust it won't be to too long before we can welcome you and your friends back to Fraser Suites Perth.