Kangaroo Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewssingle roomhuge kitchenfree wifibasement loungelarge common areashared bathroomgreat common roomfull size pool tablemurray streetnice facilitiespedestrian mallspent three nightscomfortable bedsstorage spacebig tvhour receptionother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The 6 bed dorm room was good value at $45 per night. It was clean, comfortable, had good security & all bedding & towel was provided. The amenities were also clean & modern, with nice bathrooms, a library for quiet times & a large common lounge with large flat screen TV, full size pool table, dining area & large commercial kitchen. Location could not have been better, being easy walking distance from all transport, supermarkets, restaurants & take away. All staff were very friendly & helpful & free internet or wifi was available. I highly recommend this accommodation.

Duncan Robertson
Victoria

Room Tip: 6 Bed dorm is best value.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Duncan R
Innkeeper K, Manager at Kangaroo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Duncan R

Thank you for staying at Kangaroo Inn and for your Trip Advisor Review.

Great to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and comforts. Hope it was a home away from home for you during your stay in Perth.

Unlike some other budget accommodation providers in Perth we provide an all inclusive price including bedding, linen, towels and free internet, so nice to know you felt it was good value.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Regards

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed in Kangaroo Inn for 5 nights between the end of September till start of October 2013. The 3 star accommodation is enjoyable and fun. It is really good value for money. You can pay $100 per night and sharing with another friend. The receptionists were professional and service customers in a friendly manner. I accidentally locked myself outside of the room in the early morning and I contact the after hour emergency number and it's fixed within minutes. The basement contained cooking utensils and various dinning equipments. I met lots of friend from all over the world and I enjoy being accompanied with them. Overall experience is above 5 stars. I would highly recommend you to experience it yourself.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Nicholas26au

Dear Nicholas26au,

Thank you for staying at Kangaroo Inn and thank you for your review.

Its always pleasant to hear that my staff are providing our guests with professional, courteous and friendly service. I will forward your feedback back to them.

Also it sounds like you had the time to cook up a delicious meal in our kitchen so good to know our facilities met your requirements.

Please recommend us to your fellow travellers.

Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

A very new backpackers. Lovely amd spacious lounge with lotsa magazines and a pool table. High tech light sensors and modern toilet facilities. Free wifi and room is sufficient. Has cupboards, reading lamp etc. Overall a good stay. Super near to perth station!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seehow

Dear Seehow,

Thank you for your kind words on Kangaroo Inn.

Great to hear you had a good and pleasant stay =)

Hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed here in Sept for 4 days and it couldn't be a better option. The hostel is well maintained, clean and centrally located.

Stayed in the 2 bed private room. Rooms were clean, the share toilet and shower were kept clean throughout my stay and the kitchen was big and well equipped. And free wifi is offered although it can be abit slow.

I would definitely come back to stay if I'm back to Perth.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank philipgan
Innkeeper K, Manager at Kangaroo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear philipgan,

Thank you for staying at Kangaroo Inn and taking the time to write a review on us.

Nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you had a great time in Perth.

Thank you for your comments on the Free WiFi. We are looking at increasing the speeds =)

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here to avoid the exorbitant hotel prices in central Perth, and I think I received a good value. I agree that compared with hostels in other parts of the world, the Kangaroo Inn isn't amazing, but it did feel quite clean and safe. This is not a party hostel and actually I might ding this place slightly for vibe -- the basement common area was thinly used and I found it difficult to meet people at this hostel. Meeting people, I feel, is part of the hostel experience, but people mostly kept to themselves here. Which, is quite alright if you're just looking for a place to crash. The WiFi was a bit slow too. But the desk staff was quite friendly and the location is very central.

Room Tip: The 4-bunk rooms are adequate but not large, so these might be worth the upgrade over the 6-bunk.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jrh825

Hey jrh825

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write your review.

Thank you for considering us a clean, safe and good value place to stay. Our housekeeping staff work very hard and we try to keep our prices as reasonable as possible =)

I had a chance to look at our guest list during the time period you indicated you stayed with us and we were quite reasonably occupied. Not sure why the basement was thinly used, can only say that the guests that happen to stay during that time didn't really use it the times you were there, rest assured almost all tables and lounge chairs are currently being used by guests currently =)

Also we are looking at increasing WiFi speeds and whether or not to place daily limits (currently unlimited) to avoid overuse.