“Comfort and clean hostel”
Review of Kangaroo Inn

Kangaroo Inn
Ranked #6 of 51 Speciality Lodging in Perth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Perugia, Italy
“Comfort and clean hostel”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights. I decided to book a 6 beds dorm. The room was not that big, but the bed was confortable and with a looker tto. I had the electronic card to access the hostel and the room too. the basement was nice, with a tv, pool and coaches. I haven't used the kitchen but it was quite big. The best thing of this hostel is the cleanness. I would defitevely come back

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank go_bender
Ciao go_bender

Hope you enjoyed Perth and thank you for staying with us!

Great to hear you had a good time. Next time please do feel free to use our kitchen or our BBQ, I'm sure there's a Masterchef in you =)

Cheers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I just spent 1 week at Kangaroo Inn and it was a wonderful stay.

It is actually my 1st time staying at a Hostel as I am quite particular about toilet cleanliness and rather adverse to shared toilets. But price of Perth's hotel is on the rather high side, so my sis & I decided to just book the 2-bed bunk room after reading the good reviews on TA. The price is great as we still enjoy the privacy having the whole room to ourselves.

The room is of decent size, very clean with many socket points for our electronic devices. The beds and pillows are also very comfortable.

We get a room that is directly opposite the bathroom, so I was joking to my sis that it's literally en-suite. The bathrooms & toilets are very clean and well-kept as well.

The common facilities are great, esp the spacious lounge and well-equipped kitchen.
The location is unbeatable, just minutes away from CAT bus-stop(free buses) and Perth train station. Food is abundance around the area tho they tend to close early which I was told is common in Perth.

There's also free wifi which works fine in rooms but at the basement (lounge & kitchen area) which I can't seem to connect.

The staff are also very friendly and helpful.

It's actually quite a quiet hostel during our stay, so I guess if you are looking for party group, it might not be a ideal hostel for you. But for me, my 1st experience at a hostel stay is wonderful and if all hostels are as wonderful as Kangaroo Inn, I would not hesitate to stay at a hostel again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank 5ylv1a
Hi 5ylv1a

Welcome to being a backpacker!

Great to hear you enjoyed your first ever stay in a hostel. Kangaroo Inn is all about providing a safe, clean and comfortable place for travellers to rest and socialise. We are defintely not a party hotel, but there are plenty of bars and clubs within walking distance from our premises (but not close enough to be a nuisance).

We have fixed the WiFi issue in the basement (needed a reset) and I apologise if this inconvenienced you at all during your stay.

Thanks again for your review and I do hope you keep hostelling in the future =)

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Who could have thought that a Hostel could be like this?? Great location, very clean, comfortable, big Kitchen, Free WiFi. We stayed there a couple of nights in a private room which has all the basic stuff (small reading table, chair, a locker, Air con and a bunk bed) so if you like your privacy an don't like to share with strangers, this is a good option. Perth is a very expensive city and this is a good option for cheep accommodation (compared to other prices in the city).

Some advice: Even though is is very well located, at night you might hear, not always, dunk people and an occasional fight on the street ... so have that in mind if you are looking to go out at night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel R
Hi Daniel

Thank you for your review!

I'm very pleased to hear our rooms and facilities met your expectations. We try our best to provide, honest, clean and decent facilities for our guests.

Our street is usually quiet so I apologise if street noise interrupted your stay. We do provide free ear plugs should any of our guests need them and I'm sorry if this was not offered.

Please do recommend us to your family and friends who are visiting Perth.

South East England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The location of this hostel simply couldn't be better as it's right in the middle of the city but that doesn't mean the rooms are loud which is great. The beds are big and comfortable, and the duvet was brilliant. Bathrooms are always very clean and the showers are really great compared to so many other hostels I've stayed in. Room itself was slightly small for three bunkbeds and a few extra power sockets would have been good but not a big issue at all. Kitchen was large and often quiet so cooking is never a hassle. There's also free cookies and cakes sometimes which is an added bonus. Free wifi was awesome, even though it can be slightly slow at times but most of the time it was fast. Great place and overall nice and quiet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Emma4614
Hi Emma

Thank you for your review!

Great to hear that our our facilities and rooms were to your satisfaction.

Sorry about the small 6-bed rooms, but I really wanted my guests to have a decent nights rest so I squeezed in the bigger King Single Beds instead of standard single beds for you guys to all enjoy =)

We have since improved speeds on our WiFi but yes depending on our occupancy levels speeds can drop as other guests may also be accessing the internet at the same time.

Cheers and Hope to See You Again
Melbourne
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Literally, the best hostel I have ever stayed! Location is fantastic, right in the middle of the city. So easy to go to Barrack Street Jetty or North bridge. Unlike any other backpacker places, this one doesn't have those loud and annoying characters. It is very quiet, friendly and clean! Basement has HUGE entertainment area, with magazine shelf, pool table, and lounge area. There is a small meeting room on Level 1, which is just amazing when you need to make some private calls or want to sort out the trip itinerary. Staff here are very helpful, friendly and patience.
It is definitely a best place to stay in Perth, or even in Australia!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Charlene W
Dear Charlene

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on us.

It's fantastic to hear that you had a great time @ Kangaroo Inn during your recent visit to Perth.

Great to hear you enjoyed our common facilities =)

Hope to see you again and please do recommend us to your friends.

Eraclea, Italy
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

The hostel is in the centre of Perth, very close to everything in the city, the staff is young and really good, with a big kitchen and big tv in the living room, snooker table, library, wifi..the price is very low for nigth just 40 bucks, and u have everything you needed.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Renè C
Innkeeper K, Owner at Kangaroo Inn, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Ciao Rene!

Thank you for your kind words on Kangaroo Inn.

Always nice to hear when a guest has had a great time staying at Kangaroo Inn.
Gives my staff and I a sense of satisfaction that we have delivered a quality product to our guests.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We spent three nights here and loved it! The facilities were great with a library, free use of computers, quiet room, pool table, huge kitchen and bbq area! The room was very clean and modern and the shared bathroom was constantly being cleaned. The Wifi was also very fast. Cannot complain at all.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JaiLeih
Dear JaiLeih

Thank you for your review.

Happy to see that you enjoyed our facilities and the rooms and bathrooms were to your satisfaction.

Please feel free to recommend us to your friends who are heading down here =)

All the Best