“Dome on Rottnest”

Ranked #255 of 1,463 Restaurants in Perth
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is a franchise type establishment. The service was excellent on Good Friday on Rottnest Island but the food was not great. Coffee was lukewarm and the food just passable

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Chose the Dome for breakfast as it is somewhat cheaper than the hotel that we were staying in. My breakfast of poached eggs with Hollandaise sauce was average but my family did not enjoy the full English very much. Nothing specific wrong with it but we probably should have paid a little more and eaten in the hotel. I was sort of surprised that they didn't know what an Americano coffee was.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Popped into Dome for dinner as it was close to the Concert Hall where we went to see Jimmy Carr perform. Been in Domes before and its been alright. Placed our order and sat down. Ok venue but quite expensive food. My drink came over, thought that's not what i ordered. Called waitress to ask for the correct drink but she acted like it was my fault. I don't think fizzy water is quite the same as a citrus one. Anyway, food came. My fish burger was ok but chips were oversalted. Boyfriend ordered lasagne and wedges with sweet chilli dip. No dip, asked waitress. She said you haven't paid for the dip, of course we paid for the dip. Anyway dip came. It wasn't sweet chilli. After scanning the menu for other dips, we decided it must be the dip that goes with the prawns. Boyfriend dug into his lasagne, which wasn't the beef lasagne he's ordered but the veggie option. At that point we'd given up complaining, ate our half order and left. Maybe the staff were just having a thick day ?!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Average setting with ok service I think the scones appealed on the menu but in reality they were warmed up dried out scones from the day before.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Just goes to show that there is no consistency in this chain. Love dome I mandurah (both). This one was terrible. Slow service, waiting staff that mumbled, some had poor English, over cooked food and generally disappointing. Steer clear!!