“Pricey but a great location”

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Melbourne, Australia
“Pricey but a great location”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed with my wife at the Medina Grand for six nights for a conference at the Perth Convention Centre. We stayed in a one bedroom serviced apartment, and loved it.

The apartment was clean and well appointed. There was a flat screen television in both the living area and in the bedroom. We didn't end up using the kitchen facilities, but it seemed to have everything required.

The bathroom was a bit tired, but functional. The washing machine and dryer were fabulously convenient.

The service was average.

The location was its biggest selling point. A short five minute stroll across a courtyard and you're at the convention centre! It can't be any easier than that.

Price wise, it was not cheap, but for the convenience of being able to go home and have a sleep, it was worth it!

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew H
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
Dear Andrew H,

Thank you for your review of recent stay at Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to complete this review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience with us. I have noted your comments in regard to our bathrooms; I have noted this for future improvement works.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bribie Island, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2012

A quick stop over before heading north. We found the staff very pleasant and helpful and the room comfortable and most importantly clean! The Medina is just a short stroll to the CBD shops, cafe's etc. and the Convention Centre is right next door. Perfect place to stay if on business or for couples - not for a family holiday.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Soljan1029
Dear Soljan1029,

Thank you for the time you have taken to complete this review of the Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken.

Your kind comments in regard to your experience are a pleasure to read.

I hope I have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Location was perfect for a function at the convention centre next door. Do nice not to have to hunt down a taxi at the end of the night, but just walk across the driveway and into the hotel.

Rooms are spacious, nice sized balcony too. Nice enough fittings, and a good layout with a desk area, dining table & couch in the main room.

First room I was put in was on the first floor directly above the restaurant which had loudish music pumping outside. On asking for a new room it was arranged straight away.

A good spot for a business stopover.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear rwps,

Thank you for the time you have taken to complete this review of your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate that you have taken the time to provide us with your feedback.

I am pleased to read that my team where able to assist you promptly with a room move due to the noise from Metro Bar and Bistro.

Your positive comments are appreciated and I hope I have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Singapore
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed here for a week on our first trip with our baby. Service at the front desk was efficient but businesslike. Very hard to get them to crack a smile. Location was great. Easy to drive out for the day, and just a short walk from the city. It was pricey though - more than what I've paid for some pretty luxurious hotels in Europe. Perhaps I wasn't accustomed to Perth's inflated hotel prices. But those prices didn't even include wifi, parking or breakfast. I felt that at least one of these should have been included complimentary in the room price.

The apartment was well provided for though - furnishing was modern, the kitchen was really useful and quite well stocked with utensils, and the washing machine totally necessary. A nice cosy place to hang out after a day out. But apart from a first small carton of milk, everything was charged extra (at mini bar prices), even laundry powder! Abit stingy I thought.

That said, I would stay there again. Just a note: Depending where you're from, you might do better to take up a data roaming plan with your provider than to pay the exorbitant wifi charge.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SGmember
Dear SGmember,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us and for the time you have taken to complete this review. My team and I appreciate the feedback you have provided.

I am disappointed to read of the "unsmiling service". In our most recent team meeting I have used your feedback to illustrate to my team the importance of a smile; a simple service we can provide to all guests.

I appreciate your other positive comments and I hope I have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 May 2012

From Check in to check out very smooth. Nice big place and close to everything.
Not a hotel but a serviced apartment, Nice big rooms comfortable couches big screen tv in bedroom and living room. Curtains nice and dark for that exra sleep in. Everything was clean and tidy even the bathroom no hint of mould or odour which is always nice.
Kitchen had everything in it you needed, fridge was stocked with the usual bar fridge supplies at the usual exorbitant prices.
Would be back again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 13 May 2012
Dear twkitch,

The team at Medina Grand Perth are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Medina Grand Perth in the near future.

Melbourne
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Just OK. Not a hotel, not really a serviced apartment. Liked the space and the newness of the rooms, but location means that you seem forever up and down in a rabbit warren of walkways and corridors to get to the CBD streets.

Bland but clean, lacking a 'vibe' of experience. Reception Staff a little ditzy too.

I always find Perth to have no decent hotels and lacking in truly world class luxury business hotels that Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane have. Expensive too, for something do average.

• Stayed April 2012
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Britpop73,

Thank you for your review of the Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken.

I have noted your comments. I will address with my reception team your concerns with their “ditzy” behaviour and general professionalism.

Thank you for your feedback with regard to the cleanliness of your room. The blandness and “vibe” is something will I note for the future when we look to address furniture and fixtures.

If you would like to discuss further any aspect of your stay, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The resources boom has seen huge demand for hotels in Perth, and as a result some shockingly bad hotels have been tolerated. Pleased to say, the Medina Grand isn't one of them. On a second stay at this hotel my room was again very comfortable, a bit dark due to the location being overshadowed by other buildings but well fitted out and well serviced. The pool and gym are small but fit for purpose as a business hotel, and the location is excellent, wedged between the CBD and river and right next to the convention centre. Their restaurant downstairs is very pleasant with great food and coffee, although of course the prices make a boy from the east coast shudder, but that's just Perth. To be noted however that the breakfast is a la carte, no buffet here. Wifi needs to be included in the room rates, otherwise I'd rate it one of the best hotels in Perth.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear NickW,

Thank you for your positive comments concerning your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth. I appreciate the time you have taken to complete the feedback.

All feedback posted on Trip Advisor is shared with my team on daily basis. Your comments; this morning where greatly appreciated by my team who strive to ensure we deliver highest quality of room presentation.

I will ensure that your feedback, concerning Metro Bar & Bistro is passed to the restaurant team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.