“Fabulous stay”

Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Perth
albany
“Fabulous stay”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

This hotel has everything you could possibly need or want, it's very quiet, spacious and the one bedroom unit had two televisions. My daughter loved the pool and I had trouble getting her out. Would definitely stay again, I would probably eat outside of the hotel, the restaurant has mainly pub grub types of meals.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing convention centre
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear shizza,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at Medina Grand Perth.

It has been a pleasure to read that you have had a pleasant your stay and that your daughter has found our pool facilities so enjoyable.

I hope that I have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This is a modern apartment hotel opposite the convention centre and next door to the CBD. The staff were very helpful and moved my wife and I to a new apartment when the first was over the bus station exit and the noise on the balcony was intrusive. Each room has a balcony, with cover, a table and 2 chairs, where smoking is permitted.
There is an in-house restaurant, providing breakfast, lunch and dinner, which was very good. Alternatively, there are lots of restaurants and cafes nearby.
The apartments are roomy, with sitting room, kitchenette (with excellent fittings), bathroom (with washer and dryer) and bedroom. Air handling was quiet.
An excellent option, especially if attending a conference at the convention centre.

Dear mikemin,
Thank you for your encouraging review of your recent stay with us at Medina Grand Perth.

I share all feedback with my team on a regular basis. Your feedback and positive comments are greatly appreciated.

I hope that I have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future. If you would like to discuss any aspect of your stay, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.

Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

I like the place. Quite modern with snall kitchen in rhe rooms. The TV system is better than many other hotels and it is perfectly located for access to the convention centre.
My only issues were the 7 am start in the restaurant, i found i and other guests were walking into town to get brekkie. And food was a little on the expensive end of price ranges.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear George L,

Thank you for completing this review of your stay with us at Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to complete this review.

I have noted your feedback concerning the opening times of Metro Bar and Bistro. This feedback has been passed to the owners and management of the restaurant for review.

If you would like to discuss further any aspect of your stay, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.

Gold Coast
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The Medina Grand Perth is ideal for conference goers at the Perth CEC. Close to lovely parks but a fair walk to shops, pharmacy etc. Staff reasonably friendly though this is a serviced apartment without much soul. V expensive at over $300/night. If you have a conference - and you can get a cut rate - go for it. Cheaper and better reviewed places within 5 min walk

Good
* Location - esp for conferences
OK
* Cleanliness
* Fit out - tho a bit tired
Bad
* Cost
* Bed - thin dooner = need air con all night = sore throat in mornings
* Some broken furniture

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the convention centre
Dear AuTravelots,

My team and I thank you for the time you have taken to complete this review of your recent stay with us at Medina Grand Perth.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I have noted your comments concerning your stay and these have been addressed with my department heads. I especially note your comments concerning the doonas. I can advise that we have embarked on a program of replacement of all our doonas which I envisage will be completed over the coming months.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

Hubby and I have recently taken to overnight stays in the city as a way of relaxing and taking some time to ourselves (away from the kids). As such we're not looking for expensive, five-star, lavish stays at fancy hotels. But we are looking for value-for-money and somewhere clean (without toys to trip over).

Having recently been to two other Perth hotels, and being a bit disappointed, we thought we'd try the Medina because we were off to the PCEC for a show.

I parked the car outside reception and went to check in (hubby was already happily at a pub in town). Service at the front desk was prompt, friendly AND they asked me if I required parking. She organised a note for my car while sorting out my key and I was up and into the room in no time at all!

The room itself (premium one bedroom on the 4th floor) was well laid out, with a good sized kitchen, nice lounge room, ample balcony, nice bedroom and big bathroom. Two TVs are in the apartment, one in the lounge and one in the bedroom. And there's a laundry in the bathroom (tucked away neatly) for longer stays. It was also very clean and nothing looked well-worn or shoddy.

The view was of buildings and more buildings and the pool but I don't think it's a hotel to stay at if you're searching for views!

The room has a mini-bar, not overly cheap but most hotels are the same...... They also offered room service and although we didn't partake in the food offered it looked like a pretty substantial selection for an apartment-based hotel. The mini-bar also had a "breakfast pack" on offer and if I were in town as a tourist I'd think it pretty convenient!

The rest of the hotel was very well presented and clean and access can be gained to the building either through the main reception (foyer) or the train-station end of the building (very convenient).

It cost $275 for the night (including booking fee) and although that seems a little steep, having experienced two other hotels recently, it would appear that in Perth you most certainly get what you pay for.

Check out was also smooth and easy, with a heartfelt "Did you enjoy your stay?", which I appreciate.

All in all we were pretty happy with the stay and wouldn't hesitate to go back or recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2012
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Dear Kelly C,

Thank you for the time you have taken to complete a review of your recent stay with us at Medina Grand Perth.

My team and I appreciate your kind comments with regard to your stay.

I certainly hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back, the next time you need an escape to the city.

Margaret River WA Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Our second stay here at the Medina. It is all about the convenience, concert at the Convention Centre and a short walk back to our room, wonderful and not having to worry about driving afterwards. Smaller room this time but more than adequate for our weekend needs. Staff attentive as always and very pleasant to deal with. One minor gripe with the cost of accommodation these days I think the wifi could be complimentary as the charges seem quite excessive - as previously mentioned the PCEC across the way is a better option. For people like ourselves visiting from the country the Medina provides a great option and convenience for theatre and shopping outings away from home. Cheers Bob.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Dear BobnOz,

Thank you for your kind comments concerning recent stay with us at Medina Grand Perth.

My team and I appreciate the time you taken to provide us and your fellow travellers your valuable feedback.

I hope that I have an opportunity to welcome back in the near future.

melbourne
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Came over to Perth with my wife for a conference being held across the road at the convention centre. Located directly across from the hotel and even the view from my window. The hotel has a nice warm feeling to it, not the fanciest place but a really warm atmosphere due to the friendly staff. Jezabel, one of the girls at the front desk was really such a delight to talk to! She had almost spent a good hour of her time just organising a couple tours of Perth for my wife and I on our last day. The best part was she offered even before we asked. A smile really does go a long way.
Definitely our choice of hotel for next years conference.

Room Tip: convention side is nicer than it sounds. the milk in the fridge is free!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Dear frankiev71,

On behalf of my team and I at the Medina Grand Perth, we would like to thank you for the time you have taken to complete your glowing review.

It has been a pleasure to read such complimentary feedback of one of my team members, who has assisted you with an exceptional level service. I’ll be sure to share this feedback with my team and recognise Jezabel’s efforts at our next monthly team meeting.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your conference next year.