“Perth accommodation is overpriced but this is good”

Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The staff here are excellent and the service fantastic. The apartments themselves may not look much from the outside but they are quite and clean and confortable. Perth CBD is ridiculously overpriced for accommodation and you simply dont get the value you might expect in Sydney, Melbourne or Birsbane so if you want something a but fancier youll have to pay for it. If you just want a conveniently located clean base with great staff then stay here.
It is literally a 2 minute walk to the main CBD street in Perth and I imagine lone female travellers will also find this place very safe too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Ankit P, Assistant Hotel Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear CPM35

Thank you so much for your kind words in your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the time taken and your comments are valuable to us.

I was glad to read that your apartment was clean and tidy and that the facilities met your expectations. The location is very central and great that this aided to your pleasant stay with us.

It was also tremendous to read your comments about our Team and I will make sure this is shared with them.

Yes Perth can be seen as an expensive city and at some stages; many of the city's hotels were priced at rates well above $400-$500 a night; we have not necessarily followed these trends and have maintained a more consistent rate practice.

Thank you again for such a great review and we are looking forward welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for Adina Apartment Hotel Perth

Reviewed 16 June 2013

The apartment was overall spacious, but wasnt clean enough for us. Could see finger prints over the table & dining room chairs. Also the coffee table hadnt been cleaned at all, as there was food stains on it, windows needed to be cleaned also. Our room was located on the 4th floor & we could still hear the noise from the bar below. Also on our 1st night there(13/6/13 around 9pm) we went to the reception desk & asked for a taxi to be called for us, the staff member asked as to where we were going, we replied william st which is only a short distance from the hotel. The staff member replied " Why dont you just walk". Not that its any of the staff members business, but we had to explain to her that one of our friends cant walk as her leg is in a brace(making it painful to walk. Definately wont be going back to stay here, better value for money & customer service elsewhere!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank susan j

Dear Susan J

Thank you for your time and posting on Trip Advisor.

I regret that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and I apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Please note that I have shared your experience with both the Executive Housekeeper as well as the Housekeeping Team and all points were addressed and discussed in length & detail.

Susan J, we are committed in delivering a high level of service and quality and I again apologies that you did not experience this throughout your stay.

It would be great to have the opportunity to discuss your stay in person and discuss & resolve you recent experience with us. I can be contacted on apilani@adinahotels.com.au or alternatively you could contact me on 08 9217 8000.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Stayed here recently in one of the one bedroom apartments while attending a conference in the nearby Perth Convention Centre. The rooms were very clean and well appointed with reasonable room to move, especially in the bathroom. The washer and dryer located in a cupboard in the bathroom would be handy for extended stay travellers, or those on longer trips who needed to get a load or two done between destinations. The kitchen was equipped to prepare simple meals, with a fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle and stove, so you could keep your meals costs down by doing a little self-catering.

The staff were friendly and helpful even under pressure, which was refreshing to encounter. Nothing was too much trouble, even when the checking out crowd was about twenty deep there was always a smile from the counter staff. When we ran out of tea bags in our room a phone call to reception brought a housekeeper with more to our door within five minutes.
The room was well soundproofed, as even though our room was pretty well right over the bus station we couldn't hear a whisper from the buses, nor from a very noisy party two doors down, which could be easily heard in the hallway.

My only quibble would be cost- $266/pn, but that said Perth is very expensive for accommodation. The minibar prices were also a little breathtaking, at $12.50 for a small cereal and juice breakfast pack, $4.50 iirc for a small packet of washing powder to do a load of laundry with (at that price if you were doing more than a load it would be worth buying a whole box/bottle at the supermarket and abandoning the unused portion) etc.

The restaurant downstairs served tasty meals which again were a little on the expensive side (and the post mix soft drinks were very steeply priced IMO) but were convenient and came out in a timely fashion. That said, the next door bus station had plenty of inexpensive meal options as did cafes in nearby St George's Tce.

We found car parking spaces were limited and incurred and extra charge of $27.50 per day, so if you were on a driving tour of WA this might be a consideration.

If you were attending an event at the Convention Centre, this would be your best pick for your accommodation in my opinion, but if you were just playing tourist (especially without a car) it would also be a good choice due to its proximity to the bus station.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Dear YorkFoodie,

Thank you for your informative and detailed review of your recent stay with us at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to submit this review.

It has been my pleasure to read of your experience. No doubt this will provide your fellow travels with valuable trip advice.

Your positive and constructive comments are greatly appreciated and have been provided to my department heads for consideration.

I have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Best regards and safe travels,

Reviewed 19 May 2013

My husband and I spent 5 days at the Adina apartments, we had a very confortable room, it was clean and roomy. the Location of the hotel made it nice an quiet, we discovered a bus depo under the hotel which was fantastic we didn't need to hire a car.
The staff were very helpful and nice too.

Room Tip: we had a room on the last floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Ankit P, Assistant Hotel Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear SilverAnn

Thank you for your great feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

We are located very central with all main attractions within close proximity.

It was great to see that the Team left a lasting impression on your stay. They work hard every day to make sure all our guests feel welcome and to deliver a “home away from home” feel. I will make sure this is shared amongst the Team.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and we are looking forward welcoming you again upon your next visit to Perth.

Warm regards

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I stayed here for a conference at the Perth convention centre across the road. I travel frequently and I found the staff to be the most friendly and helpful that I have encountered in a long long time. The restaurant was good though I had only breakfast in it. It was a short walk to the shopping district and I really enjoyed my stay.

The one fly in the ointment is that I too paid $60 for a three day internet connection which did not work . I was really upset as I had to do some work on line .But the hotel staff helped me get a refund for which I was really thankful.

Room Tip: Check on internet availability if you are on a business visit
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Ankit P, Assistant Hotel Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Dear EmkaySriLanka,

Thank you for your comments on the Tripadvisor website regarding your stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Perth. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests.
We at Adina Perth endeavor to fulfill each guests request; and I am glad to read that our team is doing just that.

Your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I have noted your comments concerning the quality of our internet service. I will pass these details to our service provider for review.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we trust when you return to Adina Apartment Hotel Perth in the future your stay will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed here for work so I needed good Internet connection, but sadly the provider they use was terrible, and I wish I hadn't paid for it as it was expensive. $60 for 3 days and i could barely use it. The room I had faced the main road which gets busy during the morning but otherwise pleasant. The restaurant downstairs seems wasted, I'm sure it must pick up when there are functions on. The breakfast offers were very average. I would make my own in the room next time! Close to northbridge, you can walk there in 10 mins.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear SallySpider,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review of your recent stay with us at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth.

I have noted your comments concerning the quality of our internet service. I have passed these details to our service provider for review.

If you would like to discuss any aspect of your stay further, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel or via email pwilmot@adinahotels.com.au.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 May 2013

We stayed recently on a Saturday to go to a concert at the Riverside theatre at the convention centre. The rates was very reasonable for Perth, the room was lovely, the service was good and, of course, the location was perfect being so close to the theatre. Unfortunately our room was above the Metro Bar which was very noisy with loud alfresco dinners and drinkers followed by the noise of the staff packing up. So not much sleep. Perhaps it would be worth thinking about airport hotel type double glazing for these rooms? We would stay there again but will be careful about the room location next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Numbatman,

Your comments regarding Metro Bar and Bistro have been passed the owners and managers of Metro Bar and Bistro. My team are prompt to advise the restaurant when noise impacting our guests experience.

Kind regards