“need to improve room service !!”

Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Melbourne, Australia
“need to improve room service !!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The Hotel is OK and location is great - food is average to poor. Please dont stay here if you prefer room service and are a vegetarian as you will be very hungry - meat, meat and more meat! Not a single vegetarian dish on the menu. Luckily there is a supermarket quite near and a toaster in the room so provided you are happy to live on toast - you will be fine. Breakfast also pretty ordinary but there are good cafe's near by so skip the hotel breakfasts and head out. Beds are pretty uncomfortable too compared to other hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank 383traveller
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear 383traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review of your recent experience with us at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth.

I am disappointed to read that your experience with our room service offering; provided by Metro Bar and Bistro did not meet your expectations. The current room service menu does offer a Wild Mushroom Risotto and Vegetarian pizza. A vegetarian salad option is on the spring/summer menu.

I've communicated your feedback to the owners and operators of Metro Bar and Bistro, who are only too happy to provide vegetarian alternatives on request.

I have noted your comments concerning our beds. A review of all beds is currently in progress with view to addressing replacement across the hotel over the coming months. Feedback such as yours assists in prompt approvals being delivered.

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bangkok
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Our family of 4 stayed here for 8 nights and were thoroughly satisfied with the accommodation. We hired a rental car from the airport and didn't have a problem finding the place because it is essentially an extension of the convention center. The car entrance on Mount st. uses the same one as the convention center, but we didn't notice the separate lane into Adina parking the first time so had to go another round. Follow the curve up to the reception area to park your car and check in first, only then will you get a card which you can use for everything including entrance to the car park. Once in the car park you will notice that it is an extension of the convention center parking, just cordoned off for Adina guests. There are lifts close by which take you straight up to whichever floor you're on. We asked for a 2 bedroom apt and were put up in room 86 on the 3rd floor, which was perfect. There was a small balcony with a view of the convention center and there was no noise from the streets or traffic entering the convention center. Our room had everything required and was fairly well maintained. I would agree with some other reviews about the poor quality of the bathroom floor tiles and the fabric sofas which felt a bit dusty, but otherwise nothing to complain about. We never ate in the restaurant and always cooked our own breakfast or ate out. To walk to CBD, use the exit on the 1st floor which takes you to a pedestrian flyover over Mount st, onto an escalator and keep going straight til you meet with George Terrace. A Woolworths is located not far down the road. The gym is very small and only has one treadmill, a bike and an exercise machine. I used the treadmill 3 times but I imagine you would have to queue up during peak times. We paid over 400AUD per night and another 27AUD for parking. Not cheap but reasonable for Perth given the convenience and quality. On our last day we asked for a late check out but was only given til 11am, usual check out time being 10am which I thought was unreasonable. They were going to charge another 60AUD and 95AUD for a 12pm and 1pm check out, respectively, so we didn't go for it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Adithepv
Dear Adithepv,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your detailed review of your experience; during your stay with us at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth. I have no doubt your review will be beneficial to future travellers.

I appreciate for candid and frank comments, especially in regard to the bathroom tiles and sofa fabric. The black bathroom tiles are a challenge for my housekeeping team, to the extent that we have recently purchased a tile scrubbing machine, so that all bathrooms floors can be deep cleaned on a monthly basis. I'll ensure my housekeeping team pay some special attention to all apartment sofas; the berber fabric does need regular attention.

If there is any aspect of your stay that you would like to discuss, further please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel or via email pwilmot@adinahotels.com.au

Kind regards and safe travels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We always stay at the Adina when attending a show or event at the Perth Convention Centre. It's just so convenient to walk back to your room after the evening is over.

Rooms are in good working order and well equipped. Beds are a little on the firm side but being King sized you can really stretch out. The kitchens are fully stocked with cooking equipment if you need to cook a meal but the restaurant down stairs "Metro Bar and Bistro" is absolutely fantastic. We have stayed here at least 6 times and never ate at the restaurant before until this stay. We were missing out!!! the food is really remarkable and I think I had the best steak I have ever had. Breakfast was also fantastic and the restaurant staff are friendly and helpful.

There is undercover parking available down stairs at a cost of $27.50 per night. You can also easily walk into the centre of the city if required. The balcony is a nice touch as you can sit and watch the world go by. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment which is good as it has a little lounge for chilling out. Im not a big fan of showers over bath tubs but it does it's job. There is also a washing machine and dryer available.

I made the mistake of booking one of Qantas holidays "very early bird" specials which ended up costing me about $100 more than if I just booked the day of arrival so in future I will be booking directly with the hotel. Check in staff are really great so thanks again Adina for another great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Dear Wheresmypants,

Thank you for your informative review of your recent stay with us at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth. I am sure this review will provide your fellow travels with valuable details when travelling to Perth.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I will ensure the details are shared with my team. Your feedback on your experience at Metro Bar & Bistro is encouraging I will pass the details to the owners/managers.

Please let me know if a particular team member has assisted you with your memorable experience, via email pwilmot@adianhotels.com.au.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Adina while I attended a conference at the Exhibition Center. I had heard it was close but didn't think it was directly outside my room!!. The apartments are very spacious and quiet but walking distance to the CBD. The kitchen and washing machine makes Adina Ideal for families with children. The staff were all very friendly especially Jezabel, Thank You for helping us to check in early and keeping my wife occupied while I was at the Conference!! Really helpful and always smiling every morning! Only if could more people like you in the hospitality industry! Unlike the horrible service we had at the Metro Bistro next door! They could learn something from the Adina. The staff there make you feel rushed and uncomfortable, cold atmosphere. I had been informed that they are a separate business, which is lucky for the Adina. Overall it was a fantastic stay and Adina is now our first choice when we return to Perth! See you next year !!

Room Tip: Avoid the Metro Bistro we found many cafes for breakfast across the road.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Oberve66
Dear Oberve66,

Thank you for the time you have taken to complete this review of your recent stay with at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth.

It has been a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your experience with us. I am particularly pleased to read that Jezabel has provided such a memorable level of service. These flattering comments will see Jezabel's efforts recognised in our next team meeting. Thank you for sharing these details.

I have noted your comments regarding Metro Bar & Bistro and have sent these comments to the owner/managers for review.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Very conveniently located opposite the Perth Convention Centre. Close to public transport. Staff at this hotel were excellent. Bed and blankets need to be upgraded. Plenty of great restaurants close by and the ferry and bus transport are at the door.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a full kitchen. Balconies are very small.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kayjay1964,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review of your stay with us at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth. My team and I appreciate this feedback.

I have noted your comments with regard to beds and blankets. I am in the process of reviewing our current bed situation and hope in the near future to be able to offer further details. Feedback such as yours is valuable in assisting the decision making process.

Thank you for your kind comments with regard to service provided by my team members. I recognise the efforts of team members mentioned by name via Trip Advisor, if there was a particular team member that made your experience more memorable please let me know, either by calling the hotel direct or email pwilmot@adinahotels.com.au

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Just recently spent about a month at Adina's opposite the Perth convention centre. Absolutely convenient location, walk to the CBD and access the city transport from the bus depot and trains just under the apartments. Parking is also available but charged, I never had to use the parking as public transport and walking was just fine.
My room faced the convention centre and apart from a couple of days when some expo was happening at the convention centre - it was quiet. Of course my room was not directly above the Metro bar.
The rooms are clean and well equipped, the staff is courteous and service good.
I will not hesitate to recommend Adina Perth to others and will stay again when in Perth.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room away from the Metro bar - North facing if possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank atuld71
Dear atuld71,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your informative review of your stay with us at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth. I have no doubt this will provide future travellers to Perth great assistance.

My team and I appreciate your king comments with regard to service and cleanliness, two guest expectations we must be meeting without fail.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I was at the Adina for business in early February and found the hotel great!
After being screwed around with rental cars at the airport and a long flight from Sydney....... It was nice to be greeted by a very friendly staff member, no fuss parking.
The room was bigger than average studio style hotel room and had a nice balcony.

The hotel is in the city and approx 30 ish minutes from the airport.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Christopher C,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review of your stay with us at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth. My team and I appreciate your feedback.

It was disappointing to read of the problems your suffered with your hire car, however I am happy that my team where able to turn this experience around for you.