“cockroach ridden” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #69 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Manchester, United Kingdom
“cockroach ridden”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

pay a bit more and stay some where clean and not infested with cockroaches.

Room Tip: negotiate a deal with near by appartments
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank annoyed29
John-Bergin, General Manager at Mountway Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, 5 July 2011
Thank you for bringing to our attention that you found a cockroach in your kitchen. We can now call our regular pest exterminator. Termimesh at Malaga. Usually they treat only the ground floor areas every 3 months for $288.00 but for $88.00 they will do an apartment. Termimesh highly recommended by Mountway ask for Hayden. JB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

When you first enter your apartment you feel like walking out but although the apartments need updating and decorating they are kept clean and the bedding and linen is clean. The staff are very helpful and there is a BBQ area which is lighted all night but no-one seems to use it. The apartments are very central to Perth CBD and very cheap for their position. They do overlook a motorway but you do not really hear too much noise. If you do go there do not give up on the first day - you will realise what good value they are.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2011

I appreciated staying at my Mountway Holiday Apartment. It was right for my stay in Perth and value for my money, but I wasn't looking for 4*. Often - single travellers get poor rooms and a raw deal but this was fine for me. Well located premises I thought. It was a short uphill walk to the lovely Botanical gardens. I did not have a car - the stop for the free bus was quite close.The apartment was clean, spacious and although not luxurious, was much better than I had expected. Much better for me than a tiny hotel room. The highway WAS noisy but I had read that on this site , so I was not disappointed or let down - and - rather surprisingly, I slept through any traffic noise after great days out in Perth. The staff were helpful and polite. A welcome, good information if you are stranger and a smile can go a long way to having a pleasant overall stay. I would book again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

I have stayed in many budget rate apartments in Perth over the last 12 months and am happy to say Mountway is by far the best so far. I stay there on a regular basis. The management and cleaning staff are all so very friendly and helpful. Asking for an extra towel etc. is not a problem. They are more than happy to oblige, unlike other establishments I have stayed at. Crisp clean linen and nice comfy beds. Cleaners do an excellent job keeping such older style rooms very clean. I haved stayed in at least 6 to 8 of the rooms and can honestly say each and every one was excellent and I will look forward to staying regularly in 2011. Thank you to all concerned for making my stays a comfortable and pleasurable experience. Merry Xmas and see you all in the new year. Sue

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Bhubaneswar, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2010

My stay in MHU Perth was for three months from the last week of July to Oct 2010 mid. I was very happy to be here and enjoy my stay in Australia. The guys in the management were great, very friendly, and did everything to make me feel relaxed. Especially Craig and the big boss John.

I used to work in the Pilbara and during my breaks I used to sit and relax and enjoy my break days. The kitchen is well equipped and it was more than what i looked for or expected. The apartment is slightly older but the MHU guys offer very competitive rates and thats why it is so attractive. If you want more luxury, swimming pool, polo etc, MHU is not for you. It is an ideal place for guys like us who look forward to a good nights' sleep since the beds are very comfortable at MHU. Yep I thank John, Sue, Craig for their lovely hospitality that was extended to me and next year when I go to Australia I can feel that I am going to my own house again till I find out a good house for me and my family if I prefer to stay longer in Australia.

Location wise, MHU is located by the side of the Mitchell Freeway overlooking the Swan River and it is very near Kings park. An excellent place to jog and workout once you land up outside MHU since you get the steep Mount Street and then take a left turn and you have jacob's Ladder.

Only one thing I was slight unhappy was the condition of the blinds which are damaged in many rooms and even in the kitchens. I have pointed out to Craig and hope they must be taking care of that. And the biggest issue is in the laundry washers and especially the dryers. No guest ever takes care really to clean the filters, because I dont remember not cleaning the filters in the dryer for the number of times I had used them. John and guys---u have to impose stricter controls on this since u can very well appreciate that it could be a fire hazard.

Overally it was a fantastic place for me to stay in Australia. Thanks to MHU, 36 Mount Street perth WA

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Jhumpani
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

Upon arrival we were in a state of shock, stayed one night out of five booked but quickly found an apartment next door where the Internet description matched what was on offer. The staff did not query why we were moving out, and did say when asked what do you expect for a two star budget accommodation, we informed them it actually claims three stars. Having read the past reviews we feel the best move was to vacate at the earliest possible time, sorry the best move would be not to go there in the first place.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Saintly-1966
John-Bergin, Manager at Mountway Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
I dont think you were fooled. You just didnt give it your best attention.
John

Travellers are raving about these Perth hotels

Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

We enjoyed our three-night stay at Mountway. It was conveneniently placed to the CBD of Perth and the free-loop buses. Our room, not only had a spectacular view over the River Swan, but had interesting and unusual furnishings, certainly old if not antique. There were several framed prints hanging on the walls, including a portrait of Captain James Cook. The staff were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple