We booked for 5 nights at Mountway, expecting that it would be simple as the price was quite reasonable, but when we saw the place we almost turned around and drove off. We probably would have if it wasn't 3am having just got off a long flight. Couldn't get parking on site so had to drive quite far up the street.
The rooms are extremely dated, (particularly bathroom and kitchen) but a fairly good size and not dirty. The bed was comfortable, but we woke up several times overnight with the air conditioning turning off (it is on a timer, and in february heat you really notice when its not on!). The lift is rickety and honestly, we were too scared to get in it. We decided to move to a motel out by the beach after two nights (only because we needed to give 48 hours notice or we would be charged).
In short, only stay here if you are on a VERY tight budget, and need to be close to the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in picturesque Mount Street between Kings Park and the City, adjacent to the Swan River, sixty-nine studio apartments with elevator to all levels. Each apartment is fully self-contained, with kitchen, private bathroom. Linen, blankets, crockery and cutlery supplied. Digital Television with free FOXTEL. Reverse cycle Air-conditioning. Most apartments have wide city views from balconies. Some spectacular river views are available from several vantage points. Walk to the city and business locations in a few minutes. We are close to restaurants and entertainment, bus-port and free CAT bus. PERTH CONVENTION EXHIBITION CENTRE is a 7 minute walk. For business or leisure, Mountway is the ideal location. Facilities include pantry shopping, wireless internet service, and token operated laundry. The extensive out-door Barbecue area is available 'Free to Guest'. Your hosts John & Sue Bergin welcome you to Perth Western Australia. Mountway is suitable for all travelers who want short to medium term budget 2.5 star self-catering, studio style apartments in West Perth Western Australia. NOTE: Mountway is located in West Perth 6005 but it's only a 1 minute walk to the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mountway Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountway Holiday Apartments Perth
- Mountway Holiday Apartments Hotel Perth