We had limited choices due to our last minute decision to have an extended break in WA (we are from Sydney) after spending most of our time in the Margaret River our last night was to be in Perth, the same time that the International yacht racing was on out of Fremantle. This resulted in a high demand for accommodation and with limited availability the larger more well-known chains were demanding a premium which we could not justify. The MHA was a good alternative for us as we wanted to be close to the city and Kings Park (which it was – walking distance to both) and the price was fair under the circumstances. The rooms were basic yet clean & functional with a great view over the city; bed comfortable and the shower was perfect with plentiful high pressure hot water. Yes, it’s on a freeway yet that did not bother us the noise was not noticeable. The unfavourable comments seem a bit unfair based on my experience. If you are on a beer budget don’t expect to drink champagne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in picturesque Mount Street between Kings Park and the City, adjacent to the Swan River, sixty-nine studio apartments with elevator to all levels. Each apartment is fully self-contained, with kitchen, private bathroom. Linen, blankets, crockery and cutlery supplied. Digital Television with free FOXTEL. Reverse cycle Air-conditioning. Most apartments have wide city views from balconies. Some spectacular river views are available from several vantage points. Walk to the city and business locations in a few minutes. We are close to restaurants and entertainment, bus-port and free CAT bus. PERTH CONVENTION EXHIBITION CENTRE is a 7 minute walk. For business or leisure, Mountway is the ideal location. Facilities include pantry shopping, wireless internet service, and token operated laundry. The extensive out-door Barbecue area is available 'Free to Guest'. Your hosts John & Sue Bergin welcome you to Perth Western Australia. Mountway is suitable for all travelers who want short to medium term budget 2.5 star self-catering, studio style apartments in West Perth Western Australia. NOTE: Mountway is located in West Perth 6005 but it's only a 1 minute walk to the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mountway Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountway Holiday Apartments Perth
- Mountway Holiday Apartments Hotel Perth