We stayed with three of us in a room and were quite comfortable - had bunk beds and a rolling bed, and a couch, tv, desk, closed balcony with a table and two chairs, and a wardrobe, a drying rack for clothes. Kitchen had everything we needed to self-cater - fridge, electric burner, kettle, dishes etc. The highway noise didn't bother us, and at night traffic was minimal.
There is wi-fi in the hotel which you can pay for, we found it to be pretty slow most of the time (I think this was probably due to multiple users all on at the same time).
Parking can be an issue, as I believe there are more rooms than parking spaces. Some evenings we would end up having to park up the street - which wasn't really a big deal for us - but could be for anyone with mobility conerns.
Mountway is conveniently close to downtown, just a short walk across the bridge and you have access to shopping, dining and nightclubs (although we found the better clubs to be a bit of a hike).
I agree with others that the decor is dated, but who cares? The price is super cheap for Perth, and Mountway is clean and close to downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in picturesque Mount Street between Kings Park and the City, adjacent to the Swan River, sixty-nine studio apartments with elevator to all levels. Each apartment is fully self-contained, with kitchen, private bathroom. Linen, blankets, crockery and cutlery supplied. Digital Television with free FOXTEL. Reverse cycle Air-conditioning. Most apartments have wide city views from balconies. Some spectacular river views are available from several vantage points. Walk to the city and business locations in a few minutes. We are close to restaurants and entertainment, bus-port and free CAT bus. PERTH CONVENTION EXHIBITION CENTRE is a 7 minute walk. For business or leisure, Mountway is the ideal location. Facilities include pantry shopping, wireless internet service, and token operated laundry. The extensive out-door Barbecue area is available 'Free to Guest'. Your hosts John & Sue Bergin welcome you to Perth Western Australia. Mountway is suitable for all travelers who want short to medium term budget 2.5 star self-catering, studio style apartments in West Perth Western Australia. NOTE: Mountway is located in West Perth 6005 but it's only a 1 minute walk to the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mountway Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountway Holiday Apartments Perth
- Mountway Holiday Apartments Hotel Perth