“so nice to stay there”

Ranked #65 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Bahrain
“so nice to stay there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2008

it's so nice place and way too much comfortable stuffs in it

i'd like to stay there forever

the service was good, such a great view also
nothing defect this place

Stayed February 2003
1 Thank Soul-Within

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2008

In a very pricy city now for hotels, this apartment is very cheap and its a cliche but you do get what you pay for. I stayed here for 3 nights with my 3 yr old daughter, I knew it was budget and I knew it was by the freeway so I did not have any expectations at all, It was reasonably clean, had a kitchen which is what I wanted and I felt safe.We walked everywhere - to the ferry terminal to go to the zoo, up to Kings Park and across the bridge into the city for dinner I thought the location was very handy.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2008

I loved it! the one thing i look for in apartments is a comfortable bed because i get terrible back pains. and the beds here were amazingly comfortable!

I was there in July for a mining conference, and I'm so glad i chose to stay at these apartments. the workers there were excellent, they were kind a friendly and were always good help when i needed them.

My only criticism was the traffic, the noise was quite echoed through the apartment. but its ok to live with i suppose.

• Stayed July 2008
2 Thank r-star500
Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2008

Stayed there for work. I attended an international conference ans this was one of the places suggested for us spend the nights. I was really pleased with the service and the the rooms. Sure they aren't bright new and you hear some cars but they are very comfortable and the view is not bad either.
In mu opinion this has a great price quality relation!

• Liked — the comfort
  • Disliked — some car noise
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Vasco8104
Pto Ordaz
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2008

Well usually you get what you pay for, but there are always exceptions; I recently (july) stayed here for a mining conference and I found that the location was great as it was very close to the convention center, plus for a tourist like me I was able to visit King's Park and some of the city without spending a fortune on transportation. The staff was helpful and courteous and although I can't honestly say it's new, the price was excellent. I can't say anything about other reviews here, but I found the rooms clean and better than average in comfort. I think my only complaint would be a little noise from the traffic, but then again, most hotels in the city are like that. I think that most people tend to forget that these are apartments, so you get fully equipped cooking facilities to boot, for a budget price, you couldn't ask for more!

• Liked — Location and price!
  • Disliked — Traffic noise
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank Jase036
sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2008

Cheap prices are no excuse for this disgusting place...
I stayed back in April for one horrible night and found cockroaches under my bed and the room stank of bad body odour which meant I had to open the windows and put up with the noise of the highway right outside. Nobody apologised I was just told "you get what you paid for" by the front desk.
The only reason it is 90 or 95% occupied is due to the misleading images on the net, plus what appears to be a shortage of accomodation options in Perth.
To see the response from the so called manager is testomony to the attitude that permeates this hell hole.
'Were cheap so we don't have to try'.
Guess what? good friendly service doesn't cost a cent and try to do some cleaning once in a while.

Never again.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank fozman39
John-Bergin, General Manager at Mountway Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, 2 August 2008
Thank you for your comments. We do not have any knowledge of you bringing to our attention any difficulties you encountered under the bed. A complaint such as cockroaches would always be investigated. The smell you are referring to could be the Talc air freshener, and of course we use bleach in the bathrooms. 'You get what you pay for' sounds like it came from another management response earlier in the series. We say 90-95% occupancy is no excuse for not finding cockroaches under a bed. Our guests stay for months on end or just a few days. Either-way they can have an opportunity to experience the service that results from more than a one-night-stay. We say the web-site is very accurate and truthfully informative. We do not take any of the comments personally even if that's what's intended. Arrogance can sometimes be confused with confidence and we are confident that there will always be travelers that want the most affordable self catering accommodation they can find. With the installation of air-conditioning and other continuing improvements we make a commitment to vigorously provide the best of budget accommodation in Perth City.

Travellers are raving about these Perth hotels

Dunsborough
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2008

I found the appartment through wotif.com It was described as comfortable. It wasn't, shabby is the kindest word that springs to mind.I took one look and decided I couldn't stay there. The booking was for two people for a self contained appartment, it contained a double bed a single bed and a bunk bed cramped in to a small room. There wasn't a chair to sit on or a table to eat at.My complaint that the room was a misrepresented on the internet was met with sacasm at the front desk. I was charged one nights accomodation and to add insult to injury wotif.com charged me a $25.00 fee for changing my booking. If you have alook at the web site you will note that there are no pictures of the kitchen or bathroom. Im guessing it is because no matter how clever the photography, it would be impossible to show either of these rooms in an attractive light.never again.

Stayed June 2008
3 Thank kazDunsborough
John-Bergin, General Manager at Mountway Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, 4 July 2008
You chose the least expensive accommodation in all of Perth. You get what you pay for. All the bedroom areas of the apartments at Mountway measure 5 metres by 5 metres which is a larger floor area than the standard bedrooms of the top hotels. It is not possible to take photographs of the bathroom or kitchen due to the size of those areas. All the apartments have a circular table and chairs on the enclosed balcony. So please tell it like it is. On average we are 90% fully booked. You decided on arrival that you could afford double the price at a 3 star hotel. Changing your mind after making a same day reservation is going to cost you one night, as we held the apartment for you, to the exclusion of others. Thank you for leaving comments on Trip Advisor. Prospective guests will continue to book and stay to see if your comments are fair or reasonable. If all the comments were fabulous people might think we wrote them and we just don't have the time.