Mountway Holiday Apartments
Parmelia Hilton Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$101
  • Restaurant
Fraser Suites Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$114
ibis Perth(Perth)
US$86
  • Room Service
Pan Pacific Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$115
Panpacific.com
Mercure Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$102
Mercure
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$128
  • Restaurant
Four Points by Sheraton Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$205
US$129
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$121
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewskings parkst georgessmall kitchenconvention centerwalking distanceperth cityapartment was cleanair conditioningfree buslaundry
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and spacious, and it was convenient walking distance to town and the convention centre. Noise from the freeway was negligible. On the downside, the bed was hard and uncomfortable. Overall, given the price this place was great.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank courtzt
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I should make it clear, I am a regular visitor at Mountway and have I believe some 27 extended stays (typically 1-2 months at a time) since 2008.

I can only agree with Mr Bergin’s comments to two recent very negative reports, including “understand that Mountway is not every-ones cup-of-tea”. Mountway does not have a swimming pool (or Spa or Wellness centre!), a 3* Michelin Restaurant or 24 hour room service.

But in its own field it provides fair priced accommodation in a great location, in well sized self-contained studio apartments. I normally travel on my own or with my wife, we want a comfortable bed, a kitchen we can handle, television (and hopefully cable) and peace & quiet. Evidently Mountway meets these requirements. Although not outfitted to The Architectural Digest standards, the fittings are comprehensive, clean and functional. Mountway in my opinion is staffed by professionals who are contrary to those recent reports, are responsive to guests needs. You will note in previous guest comments praise indeed for staff many by name in including Mr Bergin and Polly.

It should be noted that, Mountway is within 5 minutes’ walk of the city, a key reason for staying here, anything else nearby is very significantly more expensive, but in my humble opinion, are not necessarily a better product. Mount Street is the most expensive residential street within the city due to its proximity to Kings Park and views of the Swan River.

You would be aware that Western Australia has some of the most comprehensive, definitive, and wide-ranging standards and requirements for accommodation. It goes without saying Mountway meets them in their entirety or they would not be in business. Regular inspections by a variety of government agencies ensure visitors to our Capital City, have safe, secure and hygienic lodgings. It somewhat irks me, that ill-founded comments against establishments such as Mountway can be inferred to denigrate the State governments oversight.

I would end with stating I have received no inducements to prepare this message or contact Trip Advisor. I do it because, the place where I feel most welcome has been the target for ill-considered comments, effectively not only denigrating Mountway but Guests who stay here…including me.

Room Tip: I prefer the end rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank brocklehirst
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I rung to confirm my booking and possibly extend my stay for two more nights. When I said we would be using my wife's credit card but only I was staying the manager did not want a bar of it saying it would be cash only or no stay. This man is the rudest hotel manager I have ever meet and I will tell anyone who asks for accommodation advise about Perth not to use them and will never recommend these apartments to anyone. When booking alternative accommodation and discussing the Mountway debacle with the new hotel manager she said she had heard this about Mountway before and is not surprised.

Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank BrentFran
John B, General Manager at Mountway Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

The complete story is as follows.
It became apparent that the credit card declined so on contacting him he told us that his card was stolen on Sunday and he cancelled it. His 'wife' was in hospital and could we use her card? His wife had a different family name to him so I told him that we could not use his wife's card as the bank had advised us not to accept credit cards over the phone from third parties when the card holder would not be present at check-in, so quite reasonably I was reluctant to accept the card. Later he phoned me back to say he couldn't see a problem with it and he ask me would I like to speak to his wife, and I declined to do so. He was very unhappy with that and because he was highly stressed and annoyed and couldn't get me to do what he wanted he thought he would damage our business by leaving a comment on Trip Advisor. We love Trip Advisor and in this case it gives me the opportunity to let the followers know that we do not accept expired, declined credit cards or cards from third parties where the card holder would not be present at check-in. If any-one out there accepts Fawlty credit cards please call me John Bergin GM since 2002.....Mob 0403008145

Reviewed 31 March 2014

pre booked these apartment before going in January for 5 nights. It was dirty, dingy and hadn't been decorated for years. The carpet had big black stains on it the blinds were broken. Would not stay for 1 night let alone 5 so walked out and found another hotel. Went back the next morning to see if we could get out money back, but the manager wouldn't look or speak to us and turned his back on us.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank wendy b
John B, General Manager at Mountway Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Yes it turns out we did not meet the required standard so after staying 9 hours he returned the key. We understand that Mountway is not every-ones cup-of-tea and we only want happy people so we let him go. A lot of people don't understand why Mountway is fully booked most of the time. (unless its because we are not charging enough). When I stayed at the Buckingham Palace Hotel, in Buckingham Palace Road in London England in 1971 the lift was driven by a rope, needless to say that was very unimpressive, and 30 pounds was a lot in those days. I worked at the Dorchester in 1971 and it was 500 pound a night for guests and the floor-boards squeaked but no-one was complaining as far as I know. We don't always get what we expect but as 90% of our guests love Mountway. 90 % of our customers don't agree with Dirty and Dingy (rooms) and we don't agree either. These people stayed 9 hours, got over their jet-lag and expected a refund. Please consider Mountway a budget property or pay double the price at the hotel over the bridge. Recommendation, check out all reviews of all properties, then make an informed choice so you know what to expect, and book at a price you can afford. John Bergin GM since 1 January 2002.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

IF you are looking for a room which is close to the city and relatively inexpensive then this is a good option. The rooms are clean and fairly well appointed, with a tele and free internet, but more important for most travellers the staff are friendly and really do go out of their way to ensure that you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: there are five stories in this motel and it also is right next to a highway so if you have trouble with stairs then request a room near the front and if you have trouble with noise find somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business