“St Mary's Cathedral”

St. Mary's Cathedral
Ranked #5 of 175 things to do in Perth
More attraction details
Owner description: Catholic Cathedral which combines portions built over 3 centuries into the one beautifully renovated buildingPublic Tours every Tuesday at 10:30 am $5.00 donationTickets available at Church Office (across the road - follow the signs)
Reviewed 25 November 2013

St Mary's Cathedral became my church of choice whilst staying in Perth. I loved what they did with the building, expanding it to incorporate the old and the new. I loved the marble floors, the open glass walls, but most of all, the wonderful music from its cantors and choirs. My Sunday morning was not complete without a church service at St Mary's Cathedral. A very uplifting experience.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Every time I visit the zoo I enjoy it. Yet I must be guilty of saying that I most proberly only visited it five times in my 62 years. It is in the bucket for 2014.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This was a place my mother used to attend so many times so i decided i would pay St Mary's a visit while i was in town. I walked around the cathedral and it is so stunning, the architechture is so wonderful. Then i went inside, such an ambience inside. a handful of people were there. The windows are spectacular as is the whole building. it is worth calling by and you could even light a candle if you choose. It was raining outside so it was a good day to call in and sit and reflect.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The fusion of the historic walls and the modern architecture intensifies its charm. It's one of the most beautiful churches i've ever been to all my life. The facade near the Royal Perth Hospital entrance has the more modern look while at the back it was all awesome relic composition.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

While walking along Murray Street, we came upon St Mary's and were immediately struck by the new modern space that was created to complete the original building. This was very well done. And new design elements were incorporated into the baptismal area with its striking glass backdrop, the lighted glass panels behind the alter, and steel beams (which are adjacent to the original) incorpoated to support the balcony.