I feel some of the reviews on here are a little harsh, but saying that I also agree with some of the negative comments as well. For the price you get what you pay for, we had a two bed apartment on the second floor .... for the price the room was clean and tidy, yeah I agree the lounge could do with an upgrade, but on the whole this room was satisfactory and we thought adequate for the price paid. As for the staff, they were helpful but there was a definite lack of enthusiasm for their job ... being a bit more cheerful would go a long way for customer relations. The apartments are a good 10 minute walk from the CBD but we thought it helped as the area was quiet during the non peak times. One added bonus is the CAT buses virtually at the doorstep for transport to the CBD and beyond if you are a tourist wanting to see some of the sights of Perth. Be aware of the security deposit of $250 and the need to make sure you have it returned to your account. One complaint we would have is the supervision of the swimming pool hours, there were screaming children in the pool (a floor or two below) from 6.30am - where are the parents?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starwest Apartments Alderney On Hay is leading the way in offering affordable, fully self-contained quality apartments that are close to the city centre.Our 3.5 Star property is conveniently located in East Perth approximately 1km from the Perth City Centre. Starwest Apartments Alderney on Hay is located just minutes from the Perth CBD, shopping, entertainment, restaurants, the WACA cricket ground, Burswood Casino, Gloucester Park, Ascot and Belmont horse racing tracks and the Swan River. Featuring spacious non-smoking self-contained two bedroom apartments with dining/living area, separate laundry and bathroom, direct phone line and a private balcony - it's the perfect accommodation whether you're on holiday or travelling for business. Standard Apartments:Spacious 2 bedroom apartment, fully equipped kitchen, television, DVD player, lounge, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer. Deluxe Apartments:Each Deluxe Apartment has a fully equipped granite-top kitchen, television, DVD player, lounge, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer.Platinum Apartments:Our Platinum Apartments consists of two bedrooms and one bathroom; it has a fully equipped granite-top kitchen, dishwasher, lounge, television, DVD player, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer. The modern platinum apartments also include a daily housekeeping service.The property also offers:• E-Sense Cafe open Monday-Friday 7.30am-3pm.• DVD hire available at $7 per movie.• Cot Hire at $10 per night.• Local and International calls are chargeable. • Vending machines with snacks. • Dry cleaning / laundry service.• Indoor pool – heated.• Spa and gym facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alderney on Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alderney On Hay Hotel Perth
- Alderney Hay
- Alderney On Hay East Perth