After booking over the net I didn’t receive a receipt of booking which made me feel a bit worried about falling for a scam, you then receive annoying amounts of emails almost daily from the website you book through. My first encounter with the staff was no eye contact and an almost automated feel about the whole building.
The air cond/heater didn't work and I had to have 5 contacts with the front counter before it was fixed, all the while telling me it was my problem. So may rules and threats to charge for anything small such as not emptying the bin. They take a $250 swipe on the card, broke one wine glass, will be interesting to see how much I get charged.
Room looked clean but I sensed it wasn’t really as it smelled unpleasantly. Elevator stank of alcohol and vomit. Take your own mug unless you enjoy dinking out of a cup like it’s from a childs toy tea set.
But the worst thing was having my wheel clamped and that's after having my car registered with hotel and accessing a security gate which requires a pin number to enter - pretty obvious I'm staying there you'd think. The big green A5 paper which needs to be displayed on dash I removed as it presents a hazard, it reflects on windscreen when driving, forgot to put it there - yes a $150 fine which you have to pay before your wheel is unlocked. I even got there just after it was locked and the fella saw my permit but wouldn't listen at all. I consoled a young mother who was in tears who also fell victim to this. Hotel claim to have no association with the parking system, what?
I would advise you to keep clear of this hotel as it does its best to drive people away from Perth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starwest Apartments Alderney On Hay is leading the way in offering affordable, fully self-contained quality apartments that are close to the city centre.Our 3.5 Star property is conveniently located in East Perth approximately 1km from the Perth City Centre. Starwest Apartments Alderney on Hay is located just minutes from the Perth CBD, shopping, entertainment, restaurants, the WACA cricket ground, Burswood Casino, Gloucester Park, Ascot and Belmont horse racing tracks and the Swan River. Featuring spacious non-smoking self-contained two bedroom apartments with dining/living area, separate laundry and bathroom, direct phone line and a private balcony - it's the perfect accommodation whether you're on holiday or travelling for business. Standard Apartments:Spacious 2 bedroom apartment, fully equipped kitchen, television, DVD player, lounge, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer. Deluxe Apartments:Each Deluxe Apartment has a fully equipped granite-top kitchen, television, DVD player, lounge, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer.Platinum Apartments:Our Platinum Apartments consists of two bedrooms and one bathroom; it has a fully equipped granite-top kitchen, dishwasher, lounge, television, DVD player, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer. The modern platinum apartments also include a daily housekeeping service.The property also offers:• E-Sense Cafe open Monday-Friday 7.30am-3pm.• DVD hire available at $7 per movie.• Cot Hire at $10 per night.• Local and International calls are chargeable. • Vending machines with snacks. • Dry cleaning / laundry service.• Indoor pool – heated.• Spa and gym facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alderney on Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alderney On Hay Hotel Perth
- Alderney Hay
- Alderney On Hay East Perth