We stayed on level 2 apartment 12 and although it was cheap, you can see why. The toilet had a terrible odour like stale urine which would nearly make you vomit every time you went to the loo. The "king bed" was two single mattresses put together so it was very very uncomfortable if you ended up sleeping in the middle of the bed through some part of the night. We didn't have any troubles with the parking luckily, just had to pay $15/night for the extra car. I think they might've even had an employee patrolling the car park to make sure that everyone has their parking permit up as the hotel also gets a fine if someone is found not displaying their permit?
There was tea and coffee making facilities but there wasn't any salt and pepper which if you're coming to Perth for a holiday, you don't want to really buy a whole thing of salt and pepper.
One morning we were woken up by children running around and screaming in the pool area, not an ideal wake up call.
Restaurant downstairs was okay. Don’t get the eggs hollandaise, the sauce is more like an off mayonnaise. Everything else that we ate there was alright though.
Unless I was very desperate, I will not be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starwest Apartments Alderney On Hay is leading the way in offering affordable, fully self-contained quality apartments that are close to the city centre.Our 3.5 Star property is conveniently located in East Perth approximately 1km from the Perth City Centre. Starwest Apartments Alderney on Hay is located just minutes from the Perth CBD, shopping, entertainment, restaurants, the WACA cricket ground, Burswood Casino, Gloucester Park, Ascot and Belmont horse racing tracks and the Swan River. Featuring spacious non-smoking self-contained two bedroom apartments with dining/living area, separate laundry and bathroom, direct phone line and a private balcony - it's the perfect accommodation whether you're on holiday or travelling for business. Standard Apartments:Spacious 2 bedroom apartment, fully equipped kitchen, television, DVD player, lounge, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer. Deluxe Apartments:Each Deluxe Apartment has a fully equipped granite-top kitchen, television, DVD player, lounge, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer.Platinum Apartments:Our Platinum Apartments consists of two bedrooms and one bathroom; it has a fully equipped granite-top kitchen, dishwasher, lounge, television, DVD player, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer. The modern platinum apartments also include a daily housekeeping service.The property also offers:• E-Sense Cafe open Monday-Friday 7.30am-3pm.• DVD hire available at $7 per movie.• Cot Hire at $10 per night.• Local and International calls are chargeable. • Vending machines with snacks. • Dry cleaning / laundry service.• Indoor pool – heated.• Spa and gym facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alderney on Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alderney On Hay Hotel Perth
- Alderney Hay
- Alderney On Hay East Perth