Alderney on Hay
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
ibis Perth(Perth)
US$105
US$95
  • Room Service
Parmelia Hilton Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$96
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$86
US$207
US$144
  • Restaurant
Mantra on Murray(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$99
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Pan Pacific Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$143
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Sullivans Hotel(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$136
Trip.com
Pensione Hotel Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$82
TripAdvisor
US$65
Miss Maud Hotel(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$106
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshay streetindoor poolsofa bedundercover parkingcooking utensilswe've stayedgreat accommodationfull kitchenwashing machineground floorcat busan overnight stayperth cityswan riverlaundrywacacricket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Enjoyed our stay, Was concerned to book after reading the trip advisor reviews but the agent I booked through gave us a money back guarantee so we took our chance and was very happy with the stay, Cannot fault the room facilities, Pool area needs a revamp but the rest was great. Staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Deluxe Apartments are better than the standard
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Roshan G, Manager at Alderney on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest
Thankyou for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Had to deal with these people. DIdn't end up staying there.
They took our payment through wotif, but then were inflexible about a date change.

Stuck to policy - took our money. Didn't even have to change a sheet.

Thanks for nothing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Dave N
Roshan G, Manager at Alderney on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. As you have booked your accommodation through a 3rd party website, we have no control over their terms and condition. We are unable to assist you with the cancellation policies as this depends on the package sold and the policies of the travel agent regarding refunds. Also to mention that we only had 2 Wotif last minute cancellations and none of them had your name (Dave).

You must understand each package has different cancellation policies. Sellers advertise no cancellation policy for different products that they sell at a very low price so they can have guaranteed sales well ahead. They do specify the cancellation and amendment policies. If you decide to take advantage of this sort of offers and later not follow on what you agreed to and cancel you must understand that the seller may not refund you and will stick to the cancellation policy which you agreed to when you purchased the product or service (you cannot blame the seller for your actions as on a site like Wotif you are the person who is in full control of the booking and it’s you who decide by looking at the deal and the terms and condition including the amendment / cancellation policy and to go ahead and book or not to book the accommodation).

Therefore unfortunately the hotel has no control of your actions or the 3rd party website policies and neither us or Wotif has any responsibility, as it was you who took advantage of a special offer agreeing to the terms and conditions of the website. The same applies with hotel, travel agent, airline and other retailer sites. You have the option to agree to the terms and conditions of the site or not to agree. If you booked with Wotif you have agreed to the terms and conditions of the booking.
Also to mention if you cancel the booking on the same day as arrival I am sure no agent, airline or hotel will refund you as they lose revenue due to your actions.

Therefore I do not believe it’s fair to blame a hotel or travel agent for your action.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I booked my sister in law and stayed with them for 3 days at the Alderney On hay. We couldn't fault anything as we received a happy friendly receptionist who checked us in and then we enjoyed the facilities offered in the apartment which was clean and very comfortable. Kids loves the pool are and there was plenty of parking available.

Room Tip: Deluxe Rooms are the better option to book here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Client,
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

we stayed in a platinum apartment for 5 people. it was very spacious and quiet, very clean, very comfy bed. Free cat bus service near by and Close to everything and public transport. Service was excellent.

Room Tip: Room 10 no noise. supermarket, kids park and bottleshop less than 100m away.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeneralee77
Roshan G, Manager at Alderney on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Jenni,

Thank you for your feedback, we endeavour to constantly improve the property to make your stays more pleasant and memorable in the future. As you can see, the property's décor and facilities have improved significantly since its opening and we have further improvements to make including the pool area refurbishments planned for March 2014.

Kind Regards,

Alderney on Hay

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I was trying to lock in a Corporate Rate - spoke to 3 different Indian people - not one of them noted our conversations and the rates that were quoted. They finally emailed me thru a Corporate Rate form to fill out, which I sent back within an hour! 2 days later when I called to find out my Corporate Rate contract, they informed me that the Server was down and didn't receive my form. I sent it again. 3 days later, no reply again. I called again to be told that now there was no room available for the dates I required and "by the way, your rate is way higher than you seem to think". I did explain that I had spoken to 3 people already and quoted a particular rate and they simply told me that I was wrong. I spoke to the girl at the actual hotel who also confirmed the rate - this was also wrong apparently. After 9 phone calls to them, the last one I finally left a message and when the girl called me, I complained that no-one calls back or follows up. She simply said, "well I just called you"!!! Wow, such disgusting service. I stay in Perth for at least 2 weeks every month of the year. That's 168 nights of revenue that they will not be getting off me!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank SuzyHGoldCoast
Roshan G, Manager at Alderney on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I have looked into your comments and I apologise for the inconvenience on the first occasion when you may have submitted the corporate application due to internet issues beyond our control. This has since been rectified.

I have spoken to the two relevant Sri Lankan staff members whom you spoke to as well as the Australian receptionist who served you in regards to this. You inquired about our standard rate from the receptionist after viewing the Wotif website and she advised you the rates. You then wanted to get a corporate application done and asked the reservations to book during the Ashes and Bon Jovi Concert, which we had already sold out our corporate allotments and you were advised from the start that the corporate rates would not be applicable to period which you wished to book and full rates would apply.

You decided to argue about this and expected the reservations staff to reduce the rates saying the property was overpriced. The property was clearly not overpriced as we managed to sell 75% of the property at our full rate (with 25% booked to regular corporates and guests). Unfortunately as a new corporate who is booking for the first time you are not entitled to the same benefits as our regulars.

I do understand your frustration in not finding cheap accommodation during this period or your regular accommodation supplier not being able to cater to your accommodation requirements/budget. You must understand that these are the busiest dates in Perth and we are not able to discount rates for new clients during this period.

Many hotels sold rooms as high as $750 per night for only two people. The Alderney on Hay rate was less than 50% of this rate and could cater for 6 people, included a kitchen, washing machine and dryer, this appealed to the many clientele who almost had the property booked out well ahead of arrival date.