“Great family hotel.”
Review of Alderney on Hay

Alderney on Hay
Ranked #56 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel quite a few times and never had an issue. Not many places offer large family apartments at reasonable cost close to the city. Fully self contained even with a laundry, facilities have always been clean and well presented. Written info given makes the noise policy and parking guidelines very clear. We book on line and have always received emails with door codes etc. The location is good, and if you're not into walking, the free cat-bus service is a short walk away.

Room Tip: Book on line and request a quiet room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sky-Snow-Sun
Roshan G, Manager at Alderney on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Reviewed 2 July 2014

A group of us, 26 Malaysian checked in on Ist June 2014 and stayed for 5 days. As the group leader, I received compliments from my friends regarding the comfort and cleanliness. Your staff are exemplary in doing their job.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your feedback and using the Alderney On Hay for your group accommodation. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

left my stuffs behond when I check out. Thanks to the honest house keeping ( chamber maids) they returned to the reception whom return to me when I went back to collect my luggage.
Friendly staff. enjoyed my stay

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 June 2014

On a business trip to Perth, our secretary booked the Alderley as it appeared on the internet to be ok. At check in I specifically asked the person at the desk not to be near the lift well due to the noise. So what does he do .....put me right next to it. I then ask can I be moved the next day and have no response. The next night of my stay I have a heap of noise from other apartments and the noise of the lift well. This would have to be one of the noisiest places I have ever stayed. In addition it is next to a back packers hostel who party and make significant noise each night. Upon asking to be moved the manager is conveniently unavailable. I asked for the manager to call and this has not occurred.
The apartments are very run down and not as marketed in the advertisement. This is very poor accommodation and I would not recommend this whatsoever. I have stayed in many places over the country for work and leisure and this rates as the all time worst. Quite sad for Perth....

Room Tip: Definitely DO NOT RECCOMEND these apartments
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank CraigFissshhh
Roshan G, Manager at Alderney on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Craig
Thank you for your feedback. I have investigated the matter. The booking was made as run of the house rooms which is the CHEAPEST package we have and only run on few days this month to fill up a few gaps we have so we can still operate at 85% occupancy. Any property that runs these packages will place you on the lowest priced apartments / rooms and have the high price paying clients in good apartments / rooms. In this instance you were upgraded from a standard to a deluxe apartment. So this is a bonus for you as you are only PAYING $99 for a inner city apartment usually sold at in excess of $175. We are Definitely NOT the HILTON or Sheraton but we provide clean comfortable accommodation that is Great Value for money and has a lot of Decent Travellers using our service and appreciated.

As a property we listed a fully self contained 1 bedroom apartment at $99 where we get approx $85 to us. To maintain this room including cleaning, linen hire, tea/ coffee making facilities, electricity, water and toiletries including shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, shaving cream it costs the property in excess of $80.

At no stage your secretary has requested a quiet apartment away from the lift. Yes you arrived at the property asking for a apartment away from the lift area and we had no standard or deluxe apartments available. We had only this apartment to check in. Regular clients and guests paying higher rates are given the best apartments in the property and the guests on lowest rates are given the left over apartments which are still the same standard on the road side. You have also been upgraded to a deluxe apartment with granite top kitchen.

At no stage you have mentioned about the standard of accommodation during your stay to the night staff. This is an exaggeration as you didn’t get what you wanted. We maintain a high standard accommodation and this is why the property runs in excess of 85% occupancy. Two different Night Managers worked during these nights and they both spoke to you, One Manager advised you on the first night after consulting with me that no accommodation is available for that night as we are sold out on both standard and deluxe apartments. Second night you waited til night to ask for a room move was told that if you want to move you must pay a cleaning fee as we did not believe that you claim for noise is untrue. Both of these Managers have advised me that then went to the apartment below you and there is no lift or next door noise. I am quiet surprised as the next door property is not a high rise building and the noise to carry to floor 6 where you were accommodated in, when we cannot hear any noise from the top car park. Usually with noise issues we call the Police to deal with this. In this instance our night staff were unable to do so as there was no such NOISE as you claimed to have.

Unfortunately Sir we are not going to place you in a platinum 2 bedroom apartment, That was the only apartment for sale. This it’s usually sold at $235 per night and NOT at $99.

Also your continues harassment on night staff is not appreciated and we do not wish to see this happening to our staff in the future. So I suggest you find alternative accommodation in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I will never stay here again. I arrived an hour before check in time with my 70year old mother and my one month old son and a 6 year old daughter. We were prepared to wait for check in time and decided to have some food from the restaurant. When it was time to check in they told us to wait,which I thought was going to be a few minutes and did have a problem with that.when I thought they had forgotten about us and went to the people at reception, they just would not lift their heads to talk to me and looked busy(unacceptable).They finally gave us the keys just before 3pm with no proper explanation of the delay. On the checkout day they where knocking on my door at 9.58 to remind me
that I must check out.check in 26 November 2012 out 2 December 2012.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Mumtow

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feed back. Unfortunately we find it hard to investigate this matter further as to below issues.
1) The dates you mentioned as stayed 26 November 2012 out 2 December 2012. Our system has no record of any guests staying from the mentioned arrival date to departure date.

2) In another part of your review you mentioned as Stayed July 2013???? We need the exact dates so we can investigate the matter.

3) I assume this may be in July as Nov 26th where you mentioned as staying and having a meal in the property restaurant. The property restaurant is always closed on Saturday and Sundays.

It would be appreciated if its a recent stay if you can advice me the dates of your stay so I can investigate this matter.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The staff was rude and arrogant. The security was abusive and extremely rude. We expected some nice quality service but that was the last thing we received. The male receptionist needs to sort his attitude out as does the security. Will not be recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank kitkate94
Roshan G, Manager at Alderney on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,
I assume you are the guest who stayed in the apartment on last Saturday night who was warned at 10pm for having loud music and also having over 6 persons in an apartment that was meant to be for a maximum 6 only. You signed an agreement with the reception with regards to noise and the consequenses if the conditions of entry to the property is not followed. These conditions are in place so our valued guests are not disturbed by unwanted party goers. Our property caters for holiday makers and corporates not for people to have parties and disturb other decent travellers. Therefore we have a very strict policy. This was advised to all guests on arrival. Security and reception staff in our property has been instructed to deal with these guests who fail to follow the property conditions and disturb others. So we don't have to deal with them in the future. Also our policies extends to all guests who gets a warning and charged for security call outs are banned from the property.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

we wanted to be within walking distance of the city attractions and the waca ground.location was good and offered complimentary off street parking.
we stayed here for a week and found it of an average standard.
the rooms are well equipped,clean,and of a good size however definitely dated.
staff were friendly enough without going that extra you encounter so often these days.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family