Dirty paintwork, stained carpets, poor decor throughout with marks and bare plaster in places. Singing in the corridors at 1 am. Bedroom and bathroom and furniture was a bit outdated, but clean.
Thought that was it then... You get to the hotel and there is no receptionist, you have to collect an envelope with your keys from a safe, in which is a piece of paper with the passcode for the rear entrance door. This was quite civilized, but you also spot on the paper another door where the code is 696969!! Seems someone lacked imaganation with that one, until you get to the bathroom and realise the hotel has its own inhouse masseusse service! No other papers for you, like the usual bar fridge type stuff.
By now I was getting really suspicious, but the final strange thing occurred when we found 3 towels out for use on the double bed!!
Not saying that this place wasn't above board, but we were left wondering what else might be going on that had made the guy in the corridor so happy!!
Not somewhere I'd stay again..... but good for a laugh..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starwest Apartments Alderney On Hay is leading the way in offering affordable, fully self-contained quality apartments that are close to the city centre.Our 3.5 Star property is conveniently located in East Perth approximately 1km from the Perth City Centre. Starwest Apartments Alderney on Hay is located just minutes from the Perth CBD, shopping, entertainment, restaurants, the WACA cricket ground, Burswood Casino, Gloucester Park, Ascot and Belmont horse racing tracks and the Swan River. Featuring spacious non-smoking self-contained two bedroom apartments with dining/living area, separate laundry and bathroom, direct phone line and a private balcony - it's the perfect accommodation whether you're on holiday or travelling for business. Standard Apartments:Spacious 2 bedroom apartment, fully equipped kitchen, television, DVD player, lounge, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer. Deluxe Apartments:Each Deluxe Apartment has a fully equipped granite-top kitchen, television, DVD player, lounge, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer.Platinum Apartments:Our Platinum Apartments consists of two bedrooms and one bathroom; it has a fully equipped granite-top kitchen, dishwasher, lounge, television, DVD player, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer. The modern platinum apartments also include a daily housekeeping service.The property also offers:• E-Sense Cafe open Monday-Friday 7.30am-3pm.• DVD hire available at $7 per movie.• Cot Hire at $10 per night.• Local and International calls are chargeable. • Vending machines with snacks. • Dry cleaning / laundry service.• Indoor pool – heated.• Spa and gym facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alderney on Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alderney On Hay Hotel Perth
- Alderney Hay
- Alderney On Hay East Perth