“Trying to be an upmarket hotel but just doesn't make the grade, even though you pay the price.”

Ramada Perth, The Outram
Ranked #35 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Having paid $300 per night for our room, my husband and I were keen to see what the room was like.
We were very disappointed.
It was clean and modern, but it was very small. There was a king size bed, but besides being rock hard, it only had a queen sized bed cover!
The television was tiny, and had very limited channels apart from sport and news, not even all of the basic local television stations.
We left our bathrobes at home as the web site said robes were provided, but unfortunately upon asking we were informed that, no, 'we don't provide them anymore'.
And while the spa bath is lovely and deep, it sadly is only for one person.
By the way, don't look forward to the L'Occitane products as they're not provided anymore either!
On an up side, the service at the front desk was great, very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank Lisallama

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Beautifully outfitted studio room with a large spa. The bed was extremely comfortable. Limited tv channels and no wifi.
The service was great from check in to check out. The location is lovely with public transport near by, and also very close to King's Park.
We had a very nice breakfast at the cafe downstairs. Once again, great service.
All in all, we had a great stay here and would return again.
We arranged this via our time share.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jgirl2005
Reviewed 4 June 2011

When a hotel advertises itself properly, and charges accordingly, we have a much more pleasant experience than when the description and pricing is that of a high end hotel and the delivery is no where near as is the case with the Outram. The small unglamourous lobby houses a small kitchen you can smell the stench of the minute yiu walk in. No one's been trained to help with the bags...even at rates nearing $400 per night. The one person service means waiting for check in in a deserted lobby.Chips on walls and doors, uninspiring decor, views of shabby buildings, frontage covered in uncohesive branding and signage, and paper signs advertising breakfast specials are what we found at this hotel.

Room Tip: Value if priced according with it's B product
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank RhondaADC
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Nice, small and modern hotel. Nice breakfast and the free broadband was good.

However, one of the bins had not been emptied and I was greeted with the last guest's personal hygeine products. Not what I wanted to see...

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AussieFrank85
Reviewed 25 December 2010

We stayed there for the U2 Concert during December. We were wanting some thing nice since it was a weekend away from 4 kids for the first time in ten years. At $350 dollars per night we were quite disappointed, All freshly fitted out, but it was all very basic more like an small selfcontained cheap apartment, which at $350/night make it quite expensive.
Probaly quite good for the buisness traveller.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank crash68
Reviewed 19 September 2010

My partner and I stayed here only the 1 night, a break from our usual hectic life to have some time out and relax for our 3 year anniversary. I tried to book online after reading the positive reviews on Trip Advisor, but showed they were all booked out, previous experience tells me this isn't always the case, and this case was no different. A quick phone call directly to the front desk quickly booked us into the last remaining room.

Check-in was pleasant, quick and done with a smile, guests have to use a smart card to enter the elevator and to enter the rooms, something almost all hotels use these days, but there system is a little glitchy, especially the elevators, your just holding your card at the sensor inside the elevator, sometimes it would work straight away, sometimes it would take a good 10 seconds!

The rooms were a little smaller than what I expected, we've stayed in a Spa Suite at the Rydges last year for around the same price, and there rooms are about 4 times larger, with a much better view. Our view consisted of just some building across the road, I don't know why they bothered putting balconies in, their is nothing to see, we didn't even bother using it, possibly the higher rooms may have a better view, we were on level 1...

The absolute highlight is the spa, these things are massive, you could almost call it an infinity pool! The rest of the room was very modern and very clean, the only odd thing was the POS CRT TV, why no LCD or plasma? They obviously didn't plan tre TV cabinet properly, as the cabinet doors do not close due to the thickness of the CRT! Other problems with our room as one of the basin taps was very loose, it still worked, so wasn't a huge drama and the air conditioner air has a bit smelly, I think the filters need to be cleaned. Another highlight, which is rare for a hotel, was the king sized beds and pillows were ultra comfortable, we pretty much set camp for a whole night on it.

Service at the hotel was top notch, with all requests done efficiently and with a smile. Room service was also very good and fast, we orderrf the lasagna to share and it was actually very enjoyable, my partner had to tell me to slow down as I wolfed it down on the bed!

Breakfast was included in our package I had booked, the scrambled eggs i had were a little dry and tasted similar to the ones i make at home, rest of the meal was ok. One point to mention is it's very expensive if you were to pay for it separately, we tallied up the bill at the end of the meal, and it came to $65, who would ever spend that much on breakfast!

Overall as the title of the review says, we checked-in worn and stressed, and came out the other side refreshed and rejuvenated, it's exactly what we needed, thank you Outram for helping us celebrate our 3 year anniversary.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Hertz01
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I stayed overnight at the Outram to celebrate my birthday! It exceeded expectations and I will definitely be back again.

As a local in Perth, I wanted to stay somewhere a little different to you run of the mill 4 -5 star chain hotels....the Outram is boutique style with only 18 rooms.This allows for an intimate atmosphere and high standard of personalised service!

Being a travel agent I know what to expect in a small luxury hotel and the Outram brought it all!

The spa is amazing! Huge and so so so comfortable and relaxing. Love the l'Occitane amenities and will admit to bringing some home with me!
Room service was efficient, food was nice - but not incredible (however, I only resorted to room service as I was too blissed out from the spa to leave the room).
Plunge coffee was a refreshing bonus
Bed was massive and v v comfortable
Staff were friendly and efficient (loved the courtesy call after I had checked in)
Movies were cheap in comparison to other hotels

All in all - it as a fantastic hotel experience and I cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple