“Good food”

The Painted Bird Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #24 of 1,369 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: European, Italian, Spanish, Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Painted Bird is a small bar located in the heart of the Perth CBD, offering a range of tap and bottled beers, local and international wines and cocktails. We also offer a modern casual dining menu including a range of tapas, share plates and mains.
Perth, Australia
“Good food”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My only complaint was that it felt like a long time between courses. Other than that good atmosphere, good staff and good food. I will definitely be back! Don't know how it got voted one of Perths most romantic restaurants though- seemed pretty average to me! Although the couple next to us were holding hands...

• Visited August 2014

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Dinner in Perth”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had dinner at this restaurant at a recent AFL weekend in Perth. As I'm from Sydney I've found in general the quality of the food in Perth to be disappointing . However, this restaurant was reasonably good. We all had a main meal and 2 of us had dessert plus drinks and we spend around $50 each. The main meals were pretty good and a good size. The dessert was just ok (banana and apple pudding) as it wasn't very tasty. The risotto and lamb shanks and ravioli however was good.
The wine list was a little limited but ok.

Visited August 2014
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Foodie Heaven”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband had surprised me with this booking and I have to say I wasn't aware of this restaurant even existing so I'm really glad he did. We arrived and selected a glass each of white and red wine from a pretty small single glass menu however the wines we chose were great. We were given a small entrée free of charge which is always good in my book. We had a ordered the tasting plate which was on the specials menu and everything on there was yummy. For mains we chose the Linley Valley Pork and the Margaret River Beef and were very happy with the choices and it was a generous size and absolutely delicious with a side of Ratatouille to go with it. We were too stuffed for Dessert but we will definitely be back to try it as we saw what was coming out of the kitchen and they looked amazing. Best meal I've had in Perth .... please try !!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Angela T
Perth, Australia
“Probably not worth the money...”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

A girlfriend of mine and myself dined here last night and we were excited as we walked in the decor was nice and we were greeted by friendly staff. We booked thorugh Dimmi (half price special on dinner). We were choosing our wine and I had the Stella Bella SSB and my friend wanted something a little sweet so the waitress recommended the dessert wine...Which I thought was weird to drink during Entre and Main. She insisted it was not that sweet and much to our disapointment it was REALLY sweet which came to no surprise. We had the Charcuterie for Entre with 4 "meat" selections. Nothing really special. Flavours were average I think the Chicken Liver was our Favourite. We also had Natural Oysters. They were also okay. I ordered the Pumpkin Sage and Ricotta Ravioli and they was mainly blanded Pasta I had to cut it all up in small peices to get the flavours through it all. Not to mention our main took 45 minutes to come out. They had made a mistake with our order. All in all I was glad I paid half price because it was not worth it for me to pay full price. I will say the service was great. They apologised for the mix up which was nice but weren;t very attentive to our table. We had our finished entre sitting there for 20 minutes before someone took it away. I would maybe miss this unless they have a special on.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank RenataJ88
“Wow!!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Sooo nice restaurant! it's very cosy and romantic. The staff was excellent and the food was amazing. Best meal I had in years.. very helpful waitress and she recommended the best wines.. I have only good things to say about this place and are definitely coming back!