“Nice place”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had reservations which we adjusted via email. Wasn't sure if we had a table or not on the night as nobody replied to my adjusted email. Anyway, got there and they were very accommodating and arranged a table for myself and hubby in the dining area. The band was just great. Only thing is for a romantic evening, its a little too loud and you cannot hear yourself talk. The ladies toilets was a bit of a surprise as they were queuing down the side of the bar area because 4 toilets weren't enough for the amount of people packed into the place. I would go again, but in a large group as its a good place for that - lively, full of atmosphere and great cocktails and beer.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The laneway lounge is exactly what you might expect- in a lane. The painted carpet leading to the entrance is a glimpse of the fun to follow.
We arrived at 18:00 to secure enough seating for the seven if us, as they didn't take bookings. After grabbing some delightfully styled pews we soaked up the upmarket grand ol south styled decor and fired off a cocktail order.

The menu is expansive and caters for all tastes, with the likes of Maple bacon Mahattans, Glenmorangie scotch, punch and a tropical wonder served in a tiki mug. We certainly tried all that was liquid on this fine evening in the quest to determine the best liquor, with my favorite being the Manhattan. The deft hand at work here shows maturity and restraint, with all cocktails being well received.

Like the drinks menu the food isn't to sheed away from either, with all the small bites you could ask for. God dang it those polenta chips and dipping sauce are crunchy on the outer with a velvety smooth inner, and were ordered a few times! The one item that didn't quite hit the mark was the donut pork belly. The sweetness from the maple syrup overpowered the pork, and really required some saltiness to balance the dish.

The decor even gets it's own little mention here. The styling is right on cue, with even the finite detail attended too. The studded high backs with stag print are a master stroke, with magic continuing in the bathroom. The trough like basin compliments the theme found throughout. Oh, and where do I buy those light bulbs!!

The table service was attentive and efficient. The crew that looked after us were right on the money, without a worry in the world. A scantly clad bunch took the booth next to us which drew away some of the service, but the service manager certainly went put of his way to even it out :)

Overall a stunning 6 hours was spent in the Laneway, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Make sure you get in very early if you want a seat though, and prepare yourself for a stunning night.

Food 8/10 service 9/10 decor 10/10
Drinks 9.5/10

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is the second review I've posted on Trip Advisor about a place I didn't even get inside.

Took my wife here for a date last night having booked a table two weeks ago. Or so I thought.
Arriving at around 8:30 we were challenged by a completely non -charming door person with 'sorry we're full'. When I offered that I had a reservation I was then asked to provide evidence of this.

Despite showing an exchange of emails on my phone with their reservations desk, they didn't have us on their list. So no table.

In fairness the door person did eventually offer to try to accommodate us, but by then the thought of spending my hard earned cash in an establishment with such unhelpful staff was the last thing I wanted to do so went across the road to the Generous Squire where you can always get a decent drink without being dicked about.

We ended our night at a fab new indian restaurant on Murray Street called Chik and Kent which I have reviewed elsewhere.

And for what it's worth, one of my mates has been to the Laneway and he told me it was pretentious, but he is from Manchester so I'd take that with a pinch of salt!

2  Thank jimmyinferno
Reviewed 14 July 2014

With its stunning decor and lovely jazz music this place has the best atmosphere of any place I've been to in Perth.
We Loved it!
My only complaint is the food I had. My partner had a delicious burger, but my salad was really small which left me hungry.
I would however recommend Laneway Lounge to anybody. Especially for a couple who is looking for a romantic place to spend an evening.

1  Thank IlandaH
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Dropped in on a Thursday evening to have a look at this venue, to sum it up in 2 words.. Simply Fantastic! Great selection of food, drinks, cocktails, beers, wines.. and table service with Live Jazz!! Great fun and a beautiful setting.. Love it!.