We are a family of 3 (2 adults + 1 toddler) and we stayed at The Richardson in November 2013 in a one bedroom suite (Room 301) which had a large, bright balcony facing Richardson Street.
At all stages of our stay we felt welcomed and were addressed personally. The staff were knowledgeable about the surroundings (e.g. how to find a children's play-area in King's Park), helpful with bags etc. and very professional. Housekeeping equally of high standard.
The exterior, lobby and common areas of the hotel look modern and sophisticated. The interior fit of the rooms is to a high standard but the styling did look slightly dated (lots of browns & beiges) and didn't really fit the common areas (everything white) but that's just an aesthetic issue - everything was clean and new.
We were in a 1-bedroom suite and whilst the size of the unit overall was good, the bathroom was quite small and there was no separate shower cubicle - something I would really expect paying The Richardson's prices and indeed was expecting as the website claimed that all 1-bedroom suites "have a separate bath and shower" (quoted direct from website).
Wireless internet was included in our room-rate and we had good connectivity. A speed-test I conducted at 8pm yielded 9.8 Mb/s download and 4.5 Mb/s upload with a ping of 4 ms.
There is a paid-parking facility (A$20 per day) which we found very useful.
West Perth is - obviously! - not Central and there are some reviews which mark down this hotel for being 'away from the action'. I have to say that we did have some trouble on the weekend finding coffee shops / restaurants that were open (it's a business area so outside business areas many places are closed) and the area is generally quiet but honestly getting to central Perth is very easy and does not take long. There is a "CAT" bus service that takes you from central Perth to very close to the hotel within 15 minutes.
Our experience overall was very good and we would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you have children (King's Park is a 5-minute easy walk away). For those seeking a Central location or something along the style of a "W" hotel this is not the place for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Richardson is Perth's leading five star boutique hotel, designed by renowned London architect Sir Terry Farrell. The Richardson's superb facilities and attentive staff provide all the luxuries one would expect of a hotel that prides itself on making each visit an enjoyable and memorable experience. The Richardson has a policy of no smoking within the hotel facilities. Wheelchair accessible rooms are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Richardson Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Richardson Hotel Perth
- The Richardson Hotel And Spa
- Richardson Hotel Perth